FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Post 911 GI Bill not being paid to our veterans!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Our government is paying money to people to buy new cars, but can not pay our veterans college benefits???

It took our congress only two days to make BILLIONS OF DOLLARS available for the Cash for Clunkers program and now they are focusing on refrigerators??

Refrigerators?

"Refrigerators Over Veterans" is this the bumper sticker you want to have displayed on the back of your car? This is what is happening to our veterans, more than a 100,000 are not getting their college money.

Politicians and the Media are not talking about this? Why? Because it will make someone look bad.

Our government has a contractual obligation to pay our veterans and it our job to make them do it!

Take the time to tell a friend and call your representative, let them know you are not happy!

Post Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

They are also not providing adequate medical care for all veterans. And look at the growing number of homeless vets.
Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:11 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I used to date a woman who worked at a Vetrans hospital and she told all about these newly arriving people into the hospital who are now going to be needing artifical limbs and continous care. She said it was very sad . And even with these two fronts ( Afghanistan and Iraq) being active our military people are being ignored and shoved aside. Yet we give other countries millions of dollars per day and will continue to give out more and more.. Take care of our people, especially the ones who had the dedication and committment to serve this country before we give another damn dime to these other countries. And if anyone out there knows how to get these politicans to do that let me know.

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: