FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Atwood Stadium was rocking today!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congratulations to Terry and Lynn! They did a fine job putting the event together.

Atwood Stadium ROCKS! It was great to see so many people turn out for the local bands!! Mark Did a hell of job!! For an old guy he still has the moves!lol

I know we are going to see more events at Atwood, people are already talking about next year.

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Yearly Atwood concerts?

Is it true Mark wasn't from Flint? If so then should Dayton Family be considered Flint Town's undisputed number one group? Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZ9r_ZfxhU

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:29 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The Dayton Family shot some videos on our block years ago. They left the block a total mess - trash everywhere, gang graffiti sprayed on the empty house they used for the videos. The house mysteriously burned shortly after & is now an empty lot. If you watch the video "Ghetto", the house is in the opening scenes & the number - 2317 - is clearly visible. I'm sure they used it in other videos too, but I don't feel like looking at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kwAl-xb_0

If I remember correctly, most of the Dayton Family is either in prison or dead.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SThomas
F L I N T O I D

Thanks to Lynn and Terry and everyone who put the event together.

It was a sight to see everyone that came down to attend the concert.

A big thank you needs to go out to all the local bands that played that showed that there is a vibrant rock and musical spirit that as Mark said at the concert makes Flint, I believe the quote was "the home of Funk".
Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

hmmmmm. the home of funk......i like that!!! Laughing Laughing

terry & lynn. thank you so very much for giving flint something positive!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:59 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

....and any "other" local entertainment that provided fun and good times. Smile

quote:
SThomas schreef:
A big thank you needs to go out to all the local bands that played........"

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
SThomas
F L I N T O I D

I mentioned the bands....yes there was also good OTHER talent that performed on stage as well.

NOT that I'm referring to Mark Bonto...or anything.

Laughing

Oh wait, yes I am.

Sorry Mark, I was just trying to keep things with the spirit of what Mark Farner was saying...by making a band reference.[/quote]
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:18 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

"the home of Funk". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Flints Funky alright.

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:44 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

No problem, Scott. I was just ribbing you (no, not really). It was all about the bands and the "other" Mark, anyway. Besides, I must've warmed him up good. The crowd was really cheering by the time he came on!

Thanks, I do appreciate the comments! Laughing Laughing Laughing

quote:
SThomas schreef:
I mentioned the bands....yes there was also good OTHER talent that performed on stage as well.

NOT that I'm referring to Mark Bonto...or anything.

Laughing

Oh wait, yes I am.

Sorry Mark, I was just trying to keep things with the spirit of what Mark Farner was saying...by making a band reference.
[/quote]

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:42 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

I'm not that old, Steve. Very Happy

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
....Mark Did a hell of job!! For an old guy he still has the moves!lol....

Post Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:49 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: