FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Headlines Wednesday morning Clack Wins Hurley Mileage Fails

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clack Wins by a 100 or so votes and the Hurley Mileage Fails by a couple 1000 votes.

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Clack Wins by a 100 or so votes and the Hurley Mileage Fails by a couple 1000 votes.

Haha, do you really think she's going to win this? With how little she's campaigned? Do you really not like Walling that much to the point where you're just going to say she wins?

On what facts or figures are you basing this?

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:17 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

I like Walling and think he would make a great Mayor.

One big fact "THE NORTH END"!

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You should drive around the north end and see the Walling signs. Clack might be able to win the north end but that's probably about it.
Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:51 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

walling by 3000+ votes.

hurley millage passes.

print it now journal!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:44 am 
Mandy Straubel
F L I N T O I D

I'm still torn on the Hurley issue. I guess I have until I get out of work to figure it out.
Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
One big fact "THE NORTH END"!

Yeah, we attacked her base pretty solidly. The country clerk's office released the precinct data and we pulled in well over 30% of precincts 1 and 2.

She just didn't know how to campaign well, did not defend/mobilize her base as well as we did. I'm pretty sure she didn't even try to hit college cultural.

It just shows you that hard work, strategic campaigning, successful fundraising, and presenting an overall better candidate wins in the end. The one trump card can be fund raising... as seen in 2007 when the Don "raised" over 500k and Walling only had a bit over 100k.

It was a good race though, working with the team definitely showed me how professional most of them were.[/quote]

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to hear/read it!! I and my friends are very happy Mr Walling won!

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i'll tell ya, brenda's comment stating something to the effect blacks should be voting for their own kind of struck me offensively. she should know better than that. she should be aware black folks actually do read and ponder candidates. we actually do weigh positives and negatives. we actually are capable of making informed votes. we did!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:50 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

That offended me too, back again, because it goes along the same lines as if she would've said that more women should have voted for her because of similar reasons.

I'm interested in seeing how Mr. Walling will run the city and how the city council will work with him.

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:53 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

honestly tegan, i think we will see more cooperation than we've seen in decades!!

P.Y.
Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
back again schreef:
i'll tell ya, brenda's comment stating something to the effect blacks should be voting for their own kind of struck me offensively. she should know better than that. she should be aware black folks actually do read and ponder candidates. we actually do weigh positives and negatives. we actually are capable of making informed votes. we did!

Where did you see or hear this??

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Good to see you on here Dan. And we did work on her base very effectively. Opening up an office at Welch and Chevrolet was a huuuge success. We polled from 35 to 45% on the North End and around 70 to 92% in the other wards. Overall the best ran campaign worked.
Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

steve i hope you've found it by now. it was an interview she gave when she accepted defeat, to the journal i believe? i think i read it on that M-Live deal.

P.Y.
Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: