FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Lets see if we can beat that number
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

1994 The Dems lost 54 seats in the house and 8 in the senate. Lets see if we can top those figures in 2010. Its starting to look good.

Check out this clown Laughing How dare you ask him a question? hey dimwit those questions are coming from your bosses. Check out the comments at the bottom.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee0_1249774283

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

The democrat controlled congress is way out of touch. It's obvious that a majority of Americans don't want health care reform but Obama and the Obamunist's are hell bent on passing it anyway. Every member of congrees should realize that they work for their constituents. The constitution read " We the people" not "We the congress". If the health care bill that they are trying to shove down our throats is soooo great, why is it not good enough for members of congress and Obama ?

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:22 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I remember when old Slick Willie Clinton nominated Joycelyn Elders surgeon general claiming she was gods gift to the medical world. I thought OK if you or your wife or kid need major surgery make sure you put your money where your mouth is and let old Joycellen wield the scalpel. Laughing

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

the majority of americans don't want health care? are you nuts?

i'll bet both of you gentlemen have it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

welcome to the wingnut show!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Its starting to look like they do not want Obamacare. But hey if the dem majority feels comfortable with it go ahead and pass screw the repubs and the dissenters why would they be reluctant after all everybody wants it they has the power.. Laughing

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:12 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

it seems the majority of americans don't want healthcare run by the government. most do agree that the program needs to be improved, but they want it to be completely understood and open to criticism, rather than hidden away

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:54 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

now that makes sense tegan.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Backagain, If you would take a minute to read my post, you would see that I didn't say most Americans don't want health care. The fact is, most Americans are happy with the health care they have (73%). Most Americans don't want health care reform under Obamas plan. Today I seen a TV add from the DNC attacking the protesters. I've never seen anything so foolish in my life. If people want to protest health care reform, it's their constitutional right under the 1st amendment. I have never seen a president who can't take criticism like Obama can't. By the way Backagian, I do have a health care plan. As a matter of fact, I have 2 health insurances. One from my current job that I pay for, and one from being retired military. Again I ask, If Obama care is good enough for us, why isn't it good enough for him and members of congress ?

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thou shalt not question the Messiah Obama. I see hes once again going after the CIA on some kind of witch hunt. Oh look what just turned up a Kenya birth certificate for one Barack Hussein Obama well what do you know? Laughing Laughing Tegan is 100% correct a majority of Americans do not want the government taking over healthcare thats why the protests. As far as the DNC what a bunch of clowns I hope that ad comes back to bite em right on their liberal asses. Hey Backagain hows this sound??

Link

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:03 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.Y.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Typical response from backagain when he don't have an answer.

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:10 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
Most Americans don't want health care reform under Obamas plan.

Obama doesn't have a healthcare plan. Despite what many people have been saying, Obama has not submitted a healthcare plan and has not taken sides on any of the bills circulating through Congress. Your statement is a little misleading.

Actually, and I know I'm kind of splitting hairs on this, but there is no reason to believe that the majority of Americans don't want national healthcare plan.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/healthplan.php

This poll combines a number of major polls (Pew, Rasmussen, FOX, CNN, Democracy Corps, NBC/WSJ, NPR) to get averages. This is actually gives us a better view of real averages because it takes out weighted averages given to pollsters like FOX and NPR - since both appeal to a particular political orientation, those weighted ends disappear when their sample population is combined with a greater group. Pollster.com analysis tells us that the numbers in fact read as 44.4% in favor of, 44.3% against and 7.1% undecided.

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
The fact is, most Americans are happy with the health care they have (73%).

Where did you get this number from? I'm just curious because I can't find anything similar to it. I would like to know the methodology - who they sampled, how old the poll is..

FOX News (a source I am seriously concerned about using) even says, "But while insured Americans say overwhelmingly that they are satisfied, more than half of them -- 52 percent -- believe that becoming uninsured poses a "critical problem," 36 percent view the threat as "serious but not critical," and another 7 percent see it as a "problem, but not serious."

( http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/24/obama-pushes-national-health-care-americans-happy-coverage/ )

It's difficult to really ascertain what we want to do with healthcare, and using polls (especially without citing a source) is just irresponsible without digging deeper into the scenario.

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
As a matter of fact, I have 2 health insurances. One from my current job that I pay for, and one from being retired military.

I'm not sure if you're just rubbing it in his face or if you're just bragging here - why would you even have two health insurance policies? Are you one of those "not completely satisfied" people who didn't think your Army insurance was enough?

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
Again I ask, If Obama care is good enough for us, why isn't it good enough for him and members of congress ?

Because there isn't an "Obamacare" bill, which makes that kind of a stupid question =/.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So once Obama does get a plan are those that question it unAmerican and nazi like???

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:53 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
So once Obama does get a plan are those that question it unAmerican and nazi like???

There may be those that say that, but I have no qualms about anybody questioning anything. Every person should take the time to question the things their leaders say. I think they should do it with reason and logic, but I suppose we all have our own ways. Would I attack your opinion if it was based on foolishness? Certainly. If it were based on numbers, facts and pretty decent logic, I would probably say something along the lines of, "Eh, to each their own!"
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

"when he does'nt have an answer"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

now do you see why ponycar?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.Y.
Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: