FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: NAACP at it again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

heres a kleenex

them good for nuthin blacks.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

While looking around on the subject I did come up with this bit of trivia from your box office hero the man with the answers the one you go to when you want to be entertained with facts,(well at least you libs) from his award winning movie Bowling for Columbine. I guess this pretty much puts it to rest.

BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE Rolling Eyes

What is this movie trying to say? On one level, complete nonsense. Moore presents white people’s fear of blacks and Hispanics, and consequent orgy of suburban gun-buying, as the cause of gun violence. He interviews the Flint, Michigan, District Attorney, who claims with a straight face that inner-city gun violence is not the problem; the problem is white suburban teens with guns. Laughing Moore lets him get away with reinforcing this liberal copout that both evades uncomfortable socioeconomic realities and reveals the extent to which white, upper-class politicians only get concerned when white people die.

Moore and the DA forgot to consult Flint area vital statistics, which show 25 times more black inner-city teens than white suburban teens murdered by gunfire . Can’t get white folks concerned about that. Moore’s film follows the standard media rule: Gun killings are only important when they have white victims. Columbine’s school gun massacre is chosen as the focus not because it is a common or watershed event (gun massacres are common in America, but white school shootings are extremely rare), but because its victims were suburban.

Commenting on this conundrum, Moore contradicts himself again with a bizarrely racist comment. “Ninety percent of the guns in this country are bought out in the white suburbs where you don’t need them because there’s virtually no crime,” he told Phil Donahue (MSBNBC, 10/2Cool. “And as the prosecutor says in the film, these guns then are stolen from the white communities and end up back in the inner city, creating all this violence.”

Moore claims the problem is that low-crime white people let guns get into the hands of violent black people? Imagine the liberal outrage if Rush Limbaugh said that!

Having told fawning Donahue the suburbs have “virtually no crime,” Moore reverses himself yet again, telling fawning Oprah (ABC, 11/8/02) that the result of all the suburban gun-buying is that “the majority of murders” are “between white people.” Not even nearly. The latest, 2000 figures from the National Center for Health Statistics show that of 10,801 gun homicides in the U.S., 2,900 (a little more than one-fourth) involved whites; seven in 10 involved blacks and Latinos.

While demanding that conservative gun-rights groups and corporations honestly soul-search their self-serving illogic, Moore walks away from points that are difficult for liberals and leftists. Blacks, 12% of the population, suffer 52% of the nation’s gun homicide deaths--a rate 11 times higher than whites’. Nine in 10 murdered blacks are shot by other blacks, not by whites.
Well there you have it you have it no argueing with something when it comes from Mikey. AMEN Laughing

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:10 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Michael Moore is an idiot poser who likes to claim he comes from Flint despite having been raised in Davison. Later, after he made is fame from exploiting the Flint scene, he moved to a Manhattan apartment and also has a home on Torch Lake (I think that's the name) up by Traverse City.

I think he's as worthless as Rush Limbaugh. Liberals and Conservatives all have good points to make, and they can do it without lying. These swindling idiots, however, think it's best to focus on propaganda than the actual issues.

I don't have the time right now to dig through all my research papers, but one thing that is true: violence in white Suburban/Rural schools has been on the rise whereas violence in Urban schools has been on the decline. There is a great study out there, I have in PDF format at home. I'll find and you can read it over - you may find it really interesting..

..or you may decide to bring up Michael Moore again or some other point not really related to the matter. Either way, I'll post it up in a bit here.

..and for the record, Bowling for Columbine was so full of him lying that I can't even bare to watch the movie anymore. He tries to make the NRA look like a bunch of gun nuts who are happy to see people die. Obviously the man is full of shit.
Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You and I finally agree on something. I would like to see that urban vs suburban study when you get the time and of course especially the part about urban schools being safer. Your correct on fat boys fancy digs on Torch lake just North of where I reside. Ill bet the neighbors were thrilled.

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:59 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
You and I finally agree on something.

-
I think you would be surprised to find what things we agree on. I am not a cut and paste liberal, I like to know what I'm getting into. If they don't have good answers to me, they can sit and spin.

quote:
twotap schreef:
I would like to see that urban vs suburban study when you get the time and of course especially the part about urban schools being safer.

I'm not saying urban schools are safer - that is not an argument I would make. What I did say is that violence in urban schools has been on the decline while violence in suburban/rural schools has been going up. I located the study - it was done Michael Kimmel and Matthew Mahler - both very respected names in the sociological community. It is called, "Adolescent Masculinity, homophobia and Violence: Random School Shootings 1982-2001." It's hanging out on my hard drive - I don't know of a good way to get it to you.. if you want to pm me an email address, or post it here (whichever you are more comfortable with) I will send it along to you. Unless you have a better way, in which case I am all ears!
Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

domet......dude.......2tap ain't gonna read nuthin unless it's been ok'd by limberger and crew. Laughing Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wrong again grasshopper. Laughing

Here it is for those so inclined, thanks Domet

http://www.health.columbia.edu/pdfs/adolescent_masculinity.pdf

Just a quick reminder that the original premise of this thread was this.

Harrisburg chapter of NAACP urges martial law
by STEVEN FARLEY Of The Patriot-News
Thursday June 25, 2009, 9:24 PM
The Harrisburg Chapter of the NAACP is calling on Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell to suspend some civil liberties and impose martial law in the city to halt the wave of recent lawlessness.

Chapter President Stanley Lawson also called on Rendell to bring in the state National Guard for at least 30 days and to impose a curfew. In June, there have been at least 12 shootings, many of them in the daytime, including a man killed Wednesday at a busy city intersection during the lunch hour.

"The Guard is for floods and natural disasters. I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed," he said at a general membership meeting of about 25 people at Capitol Presbyterian Church, 14th and Cumberland streets.

"It's time for some real action," he said. "Right now the important thing is to stop this madness."

"We're beyond what the Harrisburg police department can do. We need help," Lawson said.

Martial law is a system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice, normally in times of emergency.

At about the same time Lawson was speaking, Rendell was at another community meeting in Harrisburg where he promised to have state police patrol city streets to increase the presence of law enforcement.

Lawson noted that there was historical precedent for the Guard to step in, recalling the race riots in 1968 following the assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tenn.

Lawson said that many reasons have been given for the wave of shootings, such as drugs, robberies and neighborhood turf wars. Fear is the bigger reason, he suggested.

"The young men, it's fear, it's just fear. They think: 'I'm going to get them before they get me,'" he said.

When one man noted the presence of the Guardian Angels from York coming to Harrisburg, Lawson responded: "I appreciate the Guardian Angels, but I see what's going on in York, Lancaster and Philadelphia. It's everywhere. I'm concerned about what is going on in Harrisburg."

Member and attorney Stanley Mitchell noted the civil rights organization is asking for a short suspension of some civil rights, but added: "We have the civil rights not to be shot."

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

how miserable can you get?

P.Y.
Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Miserable??? Im having the time of my life. Those NAACP dudes on the other hand? Well you know. Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Oh, fantastic. I didn't realize that it was available for free online. Was that a scanned in document in Google Articles?

Just the same, here are a couple of other links I found hidden away in the same folder:
http://www.alfred.edu/teenviolence/introduction.cfm
Conversation about what the numbers a little bit, more a discussion of why they happen.

http://www.secretservice.gov/ntac/ssi_final_report.pdf
US National Threat Assessment Report (put out by the Secret Service) concerning "Targeted Violence," and some hard numbers.

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/16/64/c6.pdf
1999 report "Indicators of School Crime and Safety." I like this report because there are a lot of numbers and they measure differences between Urban, Suburban, Rural. I don't like the newer onces because they seem to have dropped this measure for whatever reason.

As for putting us back on track ( XD ) I really feel somewhat iffy about declaring martial law in a city to stop violence. In a way, I recognize it as a way to try and stop a serious problem, but most of me says, "This is not a long term solution." It seems relatively backwards for the NAACP to be supporting this motion, though to be honest in the past 15 years or so they have disappointed me time and time again.
Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:07 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

naacp dudes??? you are so stuck. Laughing good luck domet.

P.Y.
Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:42 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And now back to the real goings on in Flint. Shocked

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/08/deadly_week_in_flint_keeps_foc.html#comments

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:06 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

P.Y.
Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Here ya go LT the liberal way to make it all go away.

Laughing

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

P.Y.
Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: