FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: FLINT TALK...LOST ITS EDGE????
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

AL the site is not dead, you just need to comment more... Where the hell is Velda?

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Seems like things have changed on this site....not as fun and edgy as it once was.
Im coming back to Flint the weekend on June 12th for the Flint Central goodbye parties planned....Who's buying me lunch? Will I be safe walking the streets of downtown Flint?

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

your in flint aren't u twotap?

quote:
twotap schreef:
If lived closer I would join ya. Very Happy

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not for the last 10 years. When I got my 3rd summons for genesee county jury duty in a 4 year period I changed my permanent address to gods country. They left me alone and I left, two times being part of that fiasco known as the Flint justice system was enough for me. Laughing

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

All you'd have to do it tell them your a right wing extremist who opposes unconstitutional gun laws and they'd probably let you off the jury real quick.
Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:05 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

lol ever hear about Jury Nullification?

quote:
twotap schreef:
Not for the last 10 years. When I got my 3rd summons for genesee county jury duty in a 4 year period I changed my permanent address to gods country. They left me alone and I left, two times being part of that fiasco known as the Flint justice system was enough for me. Laughing

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:37 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow!! This thread got off topic real fast!!

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sorry my fault you know how I get to rambling on.

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was joking! Wink

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Doesn't it always Steve??

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Wow!! This thread got off topic real fast!!

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The threads on this board are like old cow trails, you never know where you'll end up!

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Seems like things have changed on this site....not as fun and edgy as it once was.
Im coming back to Flint the weekend on June 12th for the Flint Central goodbye parties planned....Who's buying me lunch? Will I be safe walking the streets of downtown Flint?

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Or like a eastside hooker, ya never know what your gonna get.

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Or like a eastside hooker, ya never know what your gonna get.

Did you roll the dice? lol
Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:08 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Steve,

Your site is not dead because of political exhaustion. Everyone left because you delete posts that you don't agree with politically. We all met at the bar a few times and decided not to discuss things on your site anymore because it is so juvenile of you to delete posts that you don't like.

Best,
All the the Folks Who Ditched Flint Talk
Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:31 am 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

Mellow D, You must not have ditched Flint Talk all together, since you obviously read, and responded to, this. Steve has never deleted any of my many controversial retorts. In fact, I’m not even sure when he would do that. Are you saying he does that after it’s already posted? So people may have read the post, but then he'll delete it when he sees it? Is that basically what you’re saying? I totally agree with you, if that’s in fact what’s happening. Wouldn’t he have to read every post all the time to do that? On the other hand, it’s his site. I guess he can do whatever he wants - right or wrong (and I agree it’s wrong). Don’t let my message get lost here, though – if the post pertains to the subject, is not vulgar or demeaning, and states an opinion, and he’s deleting it simply because it opposes his point of view, you're right - that is quite juvenile. In fact, I'm hoping by agreeing with you, he doesn't delete this.

Two more things. One, it’s his site. I guess he can do whatever he wants - right or wrong. If we want a site where we can post and say anything, make one. These sites aren't really that hard to build.

Second, he didn’t delete this post of yours. He let it through. Do you attribute that to him not seeing this, or maybe that he allows this type of criticism you’ve given, but not other things? I’m just asking - I don’t know the answer.

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:24 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I did deleted a thread.

I did not want FT to become a bash Da Don website and besides it was really getting ugly.

It was not the usually members adding the nasty messages to the thread.

I figure it would be eraser to delete thread and be done with it.

I was surprised when the members got upset. I guess in hindsight it would have been better if I had left it alone.

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:46 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: