FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: NAACP at it again.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Suspend civil Liberties I thought only Dubya did that.
Rolling Eyes

How about you NAACP dudes try staying home and teaching your kids not to be gangbangers.

Harrisburg chapter of NAACP urges martial law
by STEVEN FARLEY Of The Patriot-News
Thursday June 25, 2009, 9:24 PM
The Harrisburg Chapter of the NAACP is calling on Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell to suspend some civil liberties and impose martial law in the city to halt the wave of recent lawlessness.

Chapter President Stanley Lawson also called on Rendell to bring in the state National Guard for at least 30 days and to impose a curfew. In June, there have been at least 12 shootings, many of them in the daytime, including a man killed Wednesday at a busy city intersection during the lunch hour.

"The Guard is for floods and natural disasters. I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed," he said at a general membership meeting of about 25 people at Capitol Presbyterian Church, 14th and Cumberland streets.

"It's time for some real action," he said. "Right now the important thing is to stop this madness."

"We're beyond what the Harrisburg police department can do. We need help," Lawson said.

Martial law is a system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice, normally in times of emergency.

At about the same time Lawson was speaking, Rendell was at another community meeting in Harrisburg where he promised to have state police patrol city streets to increase the presence of law enforcement.

Lawson noted that there was historical precedent for the Guard to step in, recalling the race riots in 1968 following the assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tenn.

Lawson said that many reasons have been given for the wave of shootings, such as drugs, robberies and neighborhood turf wars. Fear is the bigger reason, he suggested.

"The young men, it's fear, it's just fear. They think: 'I'm going to get them before they get me,'" he said.

When one man noted the presence of the Guardian Angels from York coming to Harrisburg, Lawson responded: "I appreciate the Guardian Angels, but I see what's going on in York, Lancaster and Philadelphia. It's everywhere. I'm concerned about what is going on in Harrisburg."

Member and attorney Stanley Mitchell noted the civil rights organization is asking for a short suspension of some civil rights, but added: "We have the civil rights not to be shot."

See more in Breaking News, Crime
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:16 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

sounds like a good idea to me!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Which one that those NAACP dudes get off their asses and start getting those youngins under control or the take over with the military
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:13 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
NAACP dudes get off their asses and start getting those youngins under control

This is the only good idea I saw in the post.
Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:31 pm 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Wow Twotap, I think I finally figured you out. You're just racist - nothing else to it. Many of your posts and icons and such have a racist tone. Posts like this. At least we know where you're coming from. Pretty simple, just a redneck racist.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

what do the officeholders have to do with bad kids? you kats might wish to read the purpose of the naacp before blurting silly comments. just because they're black is not enough. your in hooterville, michigan,are YOU responsible for what some white kid does in Missouri? of course not. some of you are still guilty of what we debated over and over a few years ago, and that was no race is monolithic which makes it sheer idiocy to make blanket racist toned statements. this is the kind of trash i blame limberger, hannity and o'reilly for. they get away with that bullshit because nobody calls them on the carpet. personally, i and others on this site both black and white consider it offensive. it's almost like you kats sit in some bunker for weeks at a time listening to these talking idiots then believe it's all true.

it ain't true man. i like things you like. you like things i like. we both dislike bad things. we're not all that different...well......i can still outcook you in a ribfest!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:41 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

How about some examples of racist statements from Rush, Hannity, Oreily, etc. Real quotes now not something old Fstar made up. As far as whos responsible for the out of control bangers in places like Flint well it sure aint us redneck hooterville folks or Rush or Hannity or Oreily but hey its easier to throw those labels around than put the blame right where it belongs. Hey Fstar know where your little gangbanger is and what hes up to? Laughing

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

bill o'reilly went to a black owned restaurant in harlem and said he was surprised because he saw or heard no one cussing. duh..you did hear about it right??

i remember rush sniveling because he said obama picked someone because they were black..now talk about disgustingly sick????

by the way i said "racist toned comments"....there is a difference.

think i'll go feed my mexican cats....a mom and 2 little kittens. the mom is pure wild. she's becoming friendlier but hissed at me the other day when i was setting a bowl of water down. i think the kids around here have scared her in the past. she knows i'm cool though.... Wink Wink

P.Y.
Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your a good man Bagain. Very Happy

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:12 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

For all you NAACP and LA RAZA types here are some interesting questions. Would a white male be allowed to join your organizations with our harassment? How would a Million Man March be looked upon if it contained strickly white men?

Now if my spanish serves me is not LA RAZA translated into THE RACE?

Pan8
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:17 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

"with out"
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:18 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And since the usual whiners seem to have trouble coming up with an actual racist quote ill help em out here.

"I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life". Sonya Sotomayer you libs wonderful supreme court pick.

Can you imagine someone saying "I would hope a white male with the richness of his experience would be more able to reach a better conclusion than some latino or black who lacks his experience" and have him nominated for the supreme court? Shocked

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:21 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

to address pan8 first. actually if you take time to look, several white people were the ORIGINAL BOARD which incorporated the naacp. there have always been white folks with controlling interest to this day. the naacp is much more than your radio show clowns intimate. take time and look.

if a million man march contained strictly white men? putting that question into proper context, IF white folks had been through what non-whites have been through for several hundred years, my view would be GREAT!! they should instill some personal pride and responsibility AND i support them. now thats how i would react. by the way. october 1994, i was there and guess what? there were white men there. color alone does not automatically cause seperation between whole groups of people. black, white, latino,asian, hell i met a guy from ethiopia.it was really interesting!

as far as the latino question, it's above my pay grade. ask one.

2tap, perhaps you missed my earlier post but thats fine. you KNOW it's true.

P.Y.
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:10 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

OH MY GOD!!!! i just realized something. the mom and her 2 kittens????
they ARE ALL BLACK, and........i'm feeding them.........because...........

THEY ARE ALL BLACK!!! ( i feel so so cheap)! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

all black with greyish greenish eyes..i think the y may be partially blind.

P.Y.
Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:20 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

check out my cholos!!!

P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:08 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: