FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Information Needed on Funeral in US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:
What if you're still twitching when they're sucking out your blood? Can't they embalm you immediately after your pronounced dead?

I am stepping out of this since we just had dad embalmed yesterday....

Sorry for your loss.

Pan8
Post Sat May 09, 2009 1:36 pm 
Schreef
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:

Condolences to you and your family.
Post Sat May 09, 2009 2:10 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thanks guys...
Post Sun May 10, 2009 10:02 am 
danialmark83
F L I N T O I D

Friends,

I will find that funeral services are so expensive in US so what’s the best way to save money on a funeral? I have to suggest my friend who is basically from Texas so it's better for me if anyone give me info on Texas funeral services.

Thanks,
Danial

Post Mon May 11, 2009 1:17 am 
danialmark83
F L I N T O I D

Is there anyone who knows how to personalize a funeral service? Is it needed some necessary arrangements in advance?

Post Fri May 15, 2009 4:56 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

danialmark83:

You should find the information on this website very informative and helpful for your friend in Texas. Funerals, cremation, donation of body to science, burial requirements, and possibility of burial on own property, etc. There's also a link to Governing Laws.

These are in PDF file format, the last two also in Microsoft Word file format.

Funeral Facts Brochure
Facts About Funerals and Law Book Order From
Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains

http://www.tfsc.state.tx.us/consumer.asp
Post Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 pm 
danialmark83
F L I N T O I D

Thank you very much for the recommendation. Here is what I have found during my search on Texas funeral homes .

Post Mon May 18, 2009 6:59 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
danialmark83 schreef:
Hello Friends,

I am Danial Mark. I am looking for some basic information on funeral services and law in US. I hop all you my friends help me.

Thanks,
Danial

Interesting questions Daniel and hope this helps. I'm a licensed funeral director in Florida. Laws vary from state to state. Most states consider cremation final therefore do what you will with the cremated remains. But, in the event a body is present, a funeral director is required for services and burial. Even though emobalming is not required by law, if there is a public visitation or service, even graveside, a funeral director will require embalming. You can have an immediate burial with no embalming but no public service. You also will require a funeral director for the death certificate. As far as the embalming process, we do not replace the blood with fake blood but a desinfecting solution called embalming fluid. All this does is temporairly make the body safe for public visitations and services but does not preserve the body. The firmness felt with embalming fluid is that it binds with the cells causing firmness. From my position, I would require embalming for all cases because if you could see the tranformation, it is unbelievable and a very positive process.
Hope that helps Daniel.
Richard
Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:31 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
danialmark83 schreef:
Friends,

I will find that funeral services are so expensive in US so what’s the best way to save money on a funeral? I have to suggest my friend who is basically from Texas so it's better for me if anyone give me info on Texas funeral services.

Thanks,
Danial

Comments like this Daniel is kind of scary. We spend how many dollars on weddings, babies being born but when someone we loved, held in our arms, was held in their arms dies, we do not think it is right to give them a proper service or burial wanting to get a cheap way to disguard the body. Not right! Funerals cost a bit due to many fixed costs associated with operating a funeral home. I spend thousands and years getting my license which is required by all states. A typical hearse costs 80 grand and thelist goes on.
So don't think cheap, think about the person and what you can do as your last act of kindness and loved for them.

Richard
Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:36 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
What if you're still twitching when they're sucking out your blood? Can't they embalm you immediately after your pronounced dead?

Yes we can embalm once declared dead andfamily gives permission. Been in the business over 40 years and have embalmed thousands and NEVER have I seen one twitch or move. Myth!
Richard
Post Sat May 30, 2009 10:42 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:

My condolences to you.
richard
Post Sat May 30, 2009 10:43 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:

Yes we can embalm once declared dead andfamily gives permission. Been in the business over 40 years and have embalmed thousands and NEVER have I seen one twitch or move. Myth!
Richard

Hitorically I don't think moving or twitching occured. The problem was LACK of movement. breathing. twitching or basically any sign of being alive. What about the wakes they used to have and the notorious cases of people buried alive back in the day or was that just from the lead and other poisonings?

Does anybody ever forgo the embalming that doesn't get cremated?

Wikipedia says that [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_(ceremony)]Wakes[/url] are just an urban legend. but according to snopes wakes were real and I do think it is a good idea to at least wait until rigor mortis before embalming.

"getting accidentaly buried alive in the United States or Canada borders on the impossible. Embalming procedures will finish off anyone not quite all the way through the pearly gates, and the families of deceased citizens of both those countries overwhelmingly opt to have their loved ones embalmed.

For as successful as American modern medicine is I wouldn't surprised if 1 in a thousand people or more are finished off at the morgue and/or crematoreum.

In 1896 it was observed about 2 percent of people were buried alive. With modern embalming there will no longer be any scratch marks on the coffins.

Link

Post Sun May 31, 2009 9:41 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
Been in the business over 40 years and have embalmed thousands and NEVER have I seen one twitch or move. Myth!
Richard

Embalming isn't about reviving someone. If you were trying to revive someone you might put them into a below freezing temperature, and forty-five minutes later switched to a higher temperature and then repeat the cycle to get their heart beating again but with embalming you don't have to worry about those "2%'rs" they used to have scratching on the coffins.
Post Sun May 31, 2009 9:52 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I think the belief that people were buried alive in the old days was due to not knowing. There were special made coffins with bells and a rope that went from the coffin to the surface. The rope would be placed in the deceased hands and if they were to come alive, they would ring the bell. I'm not aware of this ever happening.
I'm not saying a muscle did not twitch or a slight movement occurred but never on my shift. You can be buried without being embalmed but for me I cannot understand why you would. I think there is a public misconception about the embalming process and people simply have the wrong idea what takes place. This is probably due to what one sees in movies. The process is very clinical with much respect paid to this person. I feel very honored to be the one to perform this for someone.
I recently buried my Mother and in another post on this site, I was very pleased with who see looked.
Richard
Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:39 am 
gavinzmick
F L I N T O I D

Can anyone tell me, How to reduce the cost of funeral? When funerals so expensive.

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:21 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: