FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Detroit

Do You Believe in Detroit's Ongoing Resurgence?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Please watch. Video shows TRUE side of the city, not the bs portrayed by the media.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dqyD7PewoI
Post Sat May 02, 2009 8:35 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wheres this at again??????? This is a joke right???

Post Sat May 02, 2009 12:33 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

This is Detroit. This is what the city really is, not the hellhole the media wants you to believe. Its a great city with great people and amazing businesses. Crime has dropped and the number of redevelopment projects is in the hundreds. Every tuesday modeldmedia.com gives updates on all the redevelopment projects, job creation, people, and events that make this city great. Check it out and you will see the true city.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 1:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Last time I was in Detroit was some years back. I couldnt get my ass outta there fast enough. Why do you suppose the liberal majority run media would be lying about Motown since its the liberal mecca of Michigan I would think they would try to paint just the opposite picture. So its not the most dangerous city in the US??? Confused But hey if you love the city and find it to your liking more power to you. Myself I will continue residing 200 mi north of here thanks.

Link

I wonder how the Chief would spin these statistics for a 2 month period??

http://www.spotcrime.com/mi/detroit

Post Sat May 02, 2009 3:14 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

I agree detroit has a way to go, but the city has made huge strides in cutting shootings by half since the early 90s and the city is coming back. The city is so different from a few years ago, you should come see it and drive through the neighborhoods such as Sherwood Forest, Palmer Woods, Boston-Edison, etc. The city is coming back.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 4:11 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

and if u like those stats, check ouy NYC, a city that people flock to for tourism and that is supposedly far better than Detroit.

http://www.spotcrime.com/ny/new%20york
Post Sat May 02, 2009 4:17 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
munnbreslin schreef:
and if u like those stats, check ouy NYC, a city that people flock to for tourism and that is supposedly far better than Detroit.

http://www.spotcrime.com/ny/new%20york

http://detroit.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Detroit&s1=MI&c2=New+York&s2=NY

Detroit has about 3 times the amount of crime rate. 6 times NYC's murder rate.

Latest 2006 Crimes per 100,000 People:
Detroit, MI New York, NY National

Murder: 47.3 7.3 7
Forcible Rape: 67.05 13.12 32.2
Robbery: 818.6 287.9 205.8
Aggravated Assault: 1486 329.6 336.5
Burglary: 2050.3 271.1 813.2
Larceny Theft: 2406.8 1412.9 2601.7
Vehicle Theft: 2591.1 195.2 501.5
Post Sat May 02, 2009 10:57 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Why do you all seem to WANT this city to fail? Dont you realize that it represents this state? We need to support it! Not downgrade it! NYC was a crime haven in the 70s and 80s, but they didnt just quit and now they have a good city. We need that same perseverence to rebuild Detroit. Visit it and your mind will change.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 9:27 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Why do you all seem to WANT this city to fail?

Holy crap where did you come up with that?? It would appear to many of us that the folks who live in the city want it to fail or at least remain where it is judging by their actions.. Case in point look who they keep electing to run it. Millions of our tax dollars from all around the state have been dumped into Detroit with little to show for it. The really sad part is that Wayne county by itself dictates which Presidential candidate the State will go to always a Democrat I might add. As far as Detroit representing the state those days are long gone and will remain so until they get crime under control by electing officials that dont fight crime from some PC playbook. Thats what NY did to get its act together of course their are still many areas that would be advisable to avoid. Clean attractive Tourist areas with low crime rates like Traverse city, Houghton Higgins lake, Charlevious, Tawas city etc thats what Michigan is about not the dismal image of a once great city.

Post Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Also, I invite everyone to see the redevleopment in the city at modeldmedia.com. Every week (Tuesdays) the webiste, which is basically an online magazine, updates with all the recent news and events with Detroit redevelopment projects. Even if you dont believe in the city now, check out the stories and the archive of stories which goes back to 2004. youtube.com/modeldmedia has all of the videos that this website has made as well.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 12:45 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If the state revolves around Detroit, we're in bigger trouble than ever. Drive Woodward, from Square Lake Rd. to Jefferson. Look at the difference when you cross 8 Mile. I once pulled into a parking lot in Palmer Park to check my map, and had people yelling at me, telling me to get my white a** out of there. I have cousins that grew up in the Rouge Park area. They now live in Garden City & Dearborn Heights, and you couldn't pay them to drive into Detroit. Do i want Detroit to fail? NO. They're doing fine without any help.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 12:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
munnbreslin schreef:
Why do you all seem to WANT this city to fail? Dont you realize that it represents this state? We need to support it! Not downgrade it! NYC was a crime haven in the 70s and 80s, but they didnt just quit and now they have a good city. We need that same perseverence to rebuild Detroit. Visit it and your mind will change.

I want myself to succeed. I don't see how me giving money to Detroit helps me succeed. If just throwing money at problems works than why aren't Flint and Detroit in great shape?
Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: