FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Spend $550,000 to fix six houses? I have a better plan....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

in all fairness, the $550,000 is not confined to one neighborhood... the article just didn't say what neighborhoods the houses would be in specifically except for Carriage Town, probably because it is a buzz word in Flint Journalism right now, and that was just one house, I believe.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 11:02 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Yeah like the murders aren't combined to the north end. Seriously though I'd be surprised if the downtown isn't prioritized once again.

I wonder how many millions or even hundreds of millions of our federal and state social welfare dollars have been spent on downtown while we fight to keep private investors out of downtown.
Post Sat May 02, 2009 10:47 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

No just Carriage Town and Downtown Tegan

quote:
Tegan schreef:
in all fairness, the $550,000 is not confined to one neighborhood... the article just didn't say what neighborhoods the houses would be in specifically except for Carriage Town, probably because it is a buzz word in Flint Journalism right now, and that was just one house, I believe.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 4:09 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
Yeah like the murders aren't combined to the north end. Seriously though I'd be surprised if the downtown isn't prioritized once again.

I wonder how many millions or even hundreds of millions of our federal and state social welfare dollars have been spent on downtown while we fight to keep private investors out of downtown.

Uptown 6 the only ones allowed to invest in downtown?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun May 03, 2009 4:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

From what I hear. Look at Kumar and the Genesee Towers. The city has been fighting him hard to keep that building closed for over a decade now. There was also some black guy that owned the Berridge? The city fought him to keep him from opening that. Perhaps if Kumar and the Berridge guy were white maybe things would have been different but I thinks it's more of an elitism thing than skin color.

It's really an ideal situation for corruption though. Go in buy a few properties on the cheap and then get a tax haven set up. Tax evasion is only illegal if you don't get the laws passed to make it legal like with a Renaissance zone.

Flint is a dirty city though. Our leaders love to talk about affirmative action but don't want poor blacks and poor white women making a few dollars on garage sales. How many rich white guys want to run a garage sale business. We also have sign ordinances and home business ordinance to protect the "affirmative action group" from success.

A lot of "leaders" even profit off having a lot of poor people in Flint. The technical term is "pimping the poor".

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:21 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

The UPTOWN 6 are now taking over the city, they helped get Mike Brown in there and now putting all their people in places of power!

It doesn't matter if its Woodrow Stanley, Dayne Walling, Mike Brown, Ed Kurtz or Brenda Clack they all take care of their own.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:39 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

A friend told me that they were an article in the papers about this thing here.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 1:05 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I wish people who didn't know all the information or didn't know what was happening didn't .. about things. These programs that happen help improve neighborhoods and the city. LakeWoman I would love to help educate you on historic preservation and the positive things happening in FLINT.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 2:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I have to stick up for my fellow neighbors here, we work hard to try to improve our neighborhood. I believe in pipe dreams and think that if anyone wants to improve their neighborhood its starts with them. Lots of our neighbors give tirelessly to improve Historic Carriage Town and we get things done. To criticize us for being sucessful is the same Flint Cancer that hurts the whole city. To those of you who say its not good, or Carriage Town gets too much, Why don't you make it happen in your neighborhood? Whos stopping you?

There has been a ton of studies that show for every Historic Preservation dollar, four dollars is put back into the local community.

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
No just Carriage Town and Downtown Tegan

quote:
Tegan schreef:

Post Mon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, we are making it happen; on our own, because all the money goes to certain areas & there's nothing for the North End.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 5:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think you guys really work the hardest on election day when the North and East Sides sit at home.
Post Mon May 04, 2009 7:37 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I'm not gonna get any further into the politics or neighborhoods of Flint. I dont live there, never have, and in three days, I won't live in Michigan.

BUT you guys know where I stand on the money thing and of course the historic district and preservation thing, so if any of you decide to get some state historic tax credits and need some consulting work done, hit me up. Because I got my masters degree finally! yay!

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Why ya moving out? Thought you were wanting to help Flint Michigan Tegan? I like your energy, sad your giving up on us.

quote:
Tegan schreef:
I'm not gonna get any further into the politics or neighborhoods of Flint. I dont live there, never have, and in three days, I won't live in Michigan.

BUT you guys know where I stand on the money thing and of course the historic district and preservation thing, so if any of you decide to get some state historic tax credits and need some consulting work done, hit me up. Because I got my masters degree finally! yay!
Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:58 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I'm all about helping, but i lost my job with the county and my husband got a promotion in pennsylvania. We're all about moving back eventually, but the area's gotta help me a little too.

Heck, I don't even live in the county now, so its not like much is going to change on my front.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Here ya go. Laughing

Post Tue May 05, 2009 8:49 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: