FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Fidel we love you
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if Fidel will empty his prisons once again since we have the reincarnation of Jimmy Carter running things now and it worked so well the first time it was tried. Obama will probably suppy the boats this time around.Shocked

3 commies visit a commie Laughing

Fidel Castro to Congressional Black Caucus members: 'How can we help President Obama?'

How's this for hope and change: U.S. officials flying to Cuba, not to interrogate prisoners at Guantanamo Bay but to meet with the Castro brothers in order to ease the 50-year tensions between the two nations.

The aging, ailing, cigar-smoking icon Fidel Castro had three members of Congress visit with him today in Havana, which resulted in the bearded one asking, "How can we help President Obama?" In an effort to improve the relationship between Cuba and the U.S., Reps. Barbara Lee (D-Oakland), Bobby L. Rush (D-Ill.) and Emanuel Cleaver II (D-Mo.) were the first U.S. officials to meet with the 82-year-old former dictator since his intestinal surgery in July 2006.

Greg Adams of the U.S. Interests Section in Havana confirmed that the three members of the Congressional Black Caucus met with Castro, who handed the communist torch to his brother Raul in early 2007. Cuban state television is expected to release more details of the meeting tonight, Adams said.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:42 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well 2tap. tell me what exactly do YOU have against fidel castro and please no cut & paste stuff. i'm curious as to why you hold your belief?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

A much better question would be what do the black caucus members like about him??? Other than his commie ways of course.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i don't care about them. your the one writing this negative stuff. i was asking (again) what do YOU personally have against little fidel castro?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well hes a communist dictator who oppresses his citizens and causes them to risk life and limb venturing forth in a bathtup for a 90 mile float to America. And you should care about the black commie caucus more than my opinion since unfortunatly they do have some power in regards to how we handle the commie dicatator. Now how about letting us know what you think of Fidel and why I should not be critical of him????

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:12 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Compared to some of our "allies" Castro is great! At least Castro gives lip service to helping us instead of just taking hundreds of billions of our welfare handouts while we go bankrupt and suffor from terror in our streets in places like Flint.

Just give it a few years two tap. I think you're a little too optomistic about the direction our county is headed. Cuba doesn't have the "magic export" called fiat currency that we have and other countries are starting to have qualms about propping up.

If you run the long term numbers Cuba might even be better off financially than the U.S.S.A.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:19 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well lets see here. as to the congressional black caucus my personal feeling is most of them have been not much more than a club of elites. if they purport to have a positive cause, it has been minimal at best. high falutin dinners in which accolades are given with non-important photo-ops are no good to anyone except those who collect ticket money. now if i am wrong, please feel free to correct me. Wink Wink

as to castro, if you have read the history of cuba (from the 15th. century onward) you are aware cuba was intended to be a "play place" for the rich wherever they were from. it was used as a money laundering enterprize by certain mafia figures. the president was but a puppet for those figures. the common people were used as simple low paid slaves and prostitutes of the rich. along comes a guy with a belief and a yearning for freedom. a yearning to release the bonds of economical slavery. evidently enough people felt the same way and did something about it. i honestly don't see anything bad with it. the u.s. was simply alarmed a simple poor man could cause complete turmoil and embarrassment, hense the economical boycott. it doesn't matter who does wrong. wrong is wrong. long ago i learned things aren't necessarily as they are presented. i contend using one's brain is truly patriotic. i refuse to be a sheep. Shocked

P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:42 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well that was a good answer but I gotta say I havent seen to many folks leaving keywest on a homemade raft to relocate to Fidels utopia on the other hand well you know.

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:53 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i guess i can surmise from your statement that because people attempt to relocate to a better economy, they are escaping an evil communist government? isn't that what your ancestors did? Cool Cool Cool

P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:51 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

My ancestors came here in the early 1900's to escape the oppressive government in Poland.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i hear you. mine came from africa, ireland, england, germany and of course the native american blood. in other words, i'm a friggin MUTT! Laughing

i guess my point was, we all left somewhere to come here for one reason or another and quite honestly i can't blame them. Cool

P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So I guess we are now gonna have a big WE LOVE YOU FIDEL lovefest even though hes a tried and true commie of course he does fit right in with Barcakos team hell maybe Barocko will give him a job. Laughing

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
the u.s. was simply alarmed a simple poor man could cause complete turmoil and embarrassment, hense the economical boycott. it doesn't matter who does wrong. wrong is wrong. long ago i learned things aren't necessarily as they are presented. i contend using one's brain is truly patriotic. i refuse to be a sheep. Shocked

If I remember correctly the U.S. was alarmed because "a simple poor man" was allowing Russian missles to be placed on his soil and pointed at American cities.

If John Kennedy were alive today he would be a conservative. My how the demon-crats have changed and moved left.

Pan8
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:57 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

then you also remember how many u.s. vassels had allowed the u.s. to mount icbm's on their land within an earshot of the ussr right??? whats good for the goose has always been good for the gander. unless it jeopardized the american way of living. remember that pan8??

OH!!! and yes 2tap, i'd love to meet fidel castro. remember it was during those years many many countries were attempting to break the chains of colonialism. there was a time "the sun never set on the crown". humanity has been through quite a lot and viewed as a whole i believe we (humans) have vastly improved our sense of humaness. do we have a ways to go? yes, but i must say i have faith in humanity.

P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
but i must say i have faith in humanity.

And dont forget Fidel. Rolling Eyes Heres a page dedicated to some of those who got to meet him. http://www.therealcuba.com/page5.htm

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: