FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Goodbye good riddence.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hundreds mourn man who killed police officers

Leslie Fulbright, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nearly 500 people gathered at an East Oakland church Tuesday to say goodbye to Lovelle Mixon, the 26-year-old parolee who was killed by police after he went on a shooting rampage that left four Oakland officers dead.

The open-casket service, held at Fuller Funerals on International Boulevard, was about an hour long and had such a large turnout that a number of guests were forced to stand.

Singers sang. Poets read, and speakers remembered Mixon as an intense and animated storyteller, for his big smile, love of boxing and football and what they called a long and loving relationship with his wife of seven years.

Authorities say Mixon fatally shot four Oakland police officers March 21 before he was killed as he hid in his sister's apartment.

While no one spoke directly of the incident that left him dead, one family member spoke briefly of Mixon's stray from God, and a Nation of Islam minister urged mourners to remember they were there to support Mixon's grieving family.

Keith Muhammad of Oakland Mosque 26B said losing a member of the community is tragic no matter the circumstances.

"We see our young brother first as a brother," he said. "We can't do anything for him. We need to think about what we can do for the living."[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAAG16Q9J1.DTL [/url]

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:01 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

This is why California is refered to as the granola state. Full of fruits, nuts and flakes.

Pan8
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh, so no one attends funerals for white collar criminals or mafia dons or businessmen crooks or etc. "the sky is falling"!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:09 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
oh, so no one attends funerals for white collar criminals or mafia dons or businessmen crooks or etc. "the sky is falling"!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The maggot killed 4 police officers. I do not think he should be given the status of a hero.

May he burn in hell! Mad

Pan8
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:46 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

neither do i. the point is no matter who or what he did, some folks will attend the funeral no matter what his or her color is. the world is not colored in black and white. why is almost every one of your "concerns" about race? you know, every single color of skin on the planet is or has been guilty of something. chill out dude....take a vacation jeeeez Cool

might i suggest the caribbean?? uh oh, uhhh i mean iceland perhaps? Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:22 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

These thugs who attended the funeral and protested on the streets last weeks concerns were about race and nothing else. One person at the funeral was holding up a sign that said "black power". If the rally at this thug POS's funeral wasn't racially motivated, then the the hell was it ? I agree with pan 8. I hope he rots in hell.

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Pan8, I see I'm not the only one that has that childhood picture of Bill Clinton.

Back Again, is it racial when people stand up in a meeting of Flint residents & say that Flint is a black city & it's time blacks held all the political offices?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
neither do i. the point is no matter who or what he did, some folks will attend the funeral no matter what his or her color is. the world is not colored in black and white. why is almost every one of your "concerns" about race? you know, every single color of skin on the planet is or has been guilty of something. chill out dude....take a vacation jeeeez Cool

might i suggest the caribbean?? uh oh, uhhh i mean iceland perhaps? Laughing

I do not care about the color of the SOB's skin but only his heart and I would say that his heart was dark and evil. My wife is of color and my sons are of color.

For 45 years I worked hard and now I am on a permanent vacation but thanks anyway.

Pan8
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:08 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well...lets see here.....

1.ponycar!! dude...we all hope he rots in hell. oh, and the one sign that stated "black power", so what? what does that intimate to you? to me it intimates there was one fool with a sign.

2. dave..stupid question. does the sun rise in the east? duh yes! of course a dumb comment like that is racial and quite frankly, i would think you already know my response to a question like that.

3.pan 8. my good man. it's so nice to hear you don't care what color the killers skin is. i agree. as to your spouse and sons being "of color", may you all have a fruitful and happy life..

4. 2tap!! Laughing Laughing great post dude. you get the boilers stoked quite well my man! Wink Wink

P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just doing my job. Laughing

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:25 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

[quote="back again"]

3.pan 8. my good man. it's so nice to hear you don't care what color the killers skin is. i agree. as to your spouse and sons being "of color", may you all have a fruitful and happy life.. quote]

Why thank you back again. This is the first time you have made a comment I can agree with and yes, I have had a good life, difficult at times but a good life.

I am a Nationalist and patriot first and put my country before all else except my family and my God. As the man said, I judge a person by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Very Happy

Pan8
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:01 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
These thugs who attended the funeral and protested on the streets last weeks concerns were about race and nothing else. One person at the funeral was holding up a sign that said "black power". If the rally at this thug POS's funeral wasn't racially motivated, then the the hell was it ? I agree with pan 8. I hope he rots in hell.

There's also some white people that don't like police. White people tend to have more money though so they are less likely to be "rehabilitated" by our criminal justice system.

Obviously this guy probably deserved to have his head blown or a few/lot of gun shot wounds to the chest but we do need to reform the racist criminal justice system in America.

Poor black people do seem like they are smart enough to know that the criminal justice system is set up to screw them over.

It may be wrong to do a supportive protest at a cop killers funeral but some of the things our criminal justice system does is also wrong.

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:50 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Lots of poor "white trash" make home among the appalachian mountians. Seems to me once I read that more poor white trash were the victims of lynching than blacks. Wish I could remember where I read that.

All that said, if you do the crime then you better be able to do the time.

Pan8
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:

2. dave..stupid question. does the sun rise in the east? duh yes! of course a dumb comment like that is racial and quite frankly, i would think you already know my response to a question like that.

The person saying that didn't see it as racial. In his eyes, only white people can be racist. I've heard similar statements first hand from 4 quite well known black men during meetings I attend. One of them is a candidate for mayor. Another black mayoral candidate spoke at a meeting I attend regularly. When he left, he shook hands with all the black prople while pointedly ignoring the whites in attendance.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Lots of poor "white trash" make home among the appalachian mountians. Seems to me once I read that more poor white trash were the victims of lynching than blacks. Wish I could remember where I read that.

All that said, if you do the crime then you better be able to do the time.

Pan8

Or run for president like the last three drug criminals. Maybe we should arrest them for illegal drug posession and usage so we can really have "fairness" in the system.
Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: