FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why "feminists" like Obama are wrong for America
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

It might feel good temporarily to bring "Change" fight the war on drugs poverty homelessness and rule the world but sometimes it is good to step back and use reason instead of feelings before we get into a bleeding gut wrenching depression that we are currently entering.

Obviously this article is somewhat sattire but we do need more people that use thought and reason than feel good brainless "liberal" policies.

Women's Right to Vote, the Beginning of the End for America?

From the day the founding Fathers risked their liberty and life by signing the Declaration of Independence, there has been those who have wanted to sink this great ship called the United States of America. Well 143 years later the good ship America took a torpedo hit that at the time seemed like just another glancing blow. What many still consider the greatest step forward in equality for the sexes, was more then just a glancing blow however. It was in fact a deadly strike that entered the very heart of the ship and has been smoldering since. The damage caused by the 19th amendment was slow in its destruction, but after almost 100 years we can now see how complete the destruction really was.

The result of the 19th amendment has been the ascension to power by the same kind of Marxists Ronald Reagen defeated from the Soviet Union. The weapon of destruction was not a nuclear warhead though, it was an emotional outburst that melted the brains of logic.

Almost all important issues today come down to an argument between an emotional feeling and a logical thought. When you raise a child it is logical to slap their hands or spank their behind when they do bad things. It is the interference of emotional feelings that allows laws to be passed that condemn that kind of love as child abuse.

I am not advocating that women should be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. I am also not suggesting that the 19th amendment would, should, or ever could be reversed. It would be easier to hold back the rising waters of the Red River in North Dakota then to reverse any amendment to the constitution. However, before before the 19th amendment was passed women could and did influence men on how to vote, case in point is the 19th amendment. I also realize that there are many men who think more emotionally then some women do, just compare Barney Frank to Ann Coulter.

From the beginning of time women have been the emotional nurturers of society while men have been the logical protectors and managers. It was the men who had to do the dirty deeds that required more logic then emotion. Men have always debated and discussed what it is they thought was best for their communities. There has always been strong women have stood behind their men and supported them in the tough decisions they had to make. Behind the scenes these strong women would prod and nudge because they thought the men moved to slow at times.

However it was that slow and methodical thought process that allowed for an orderly progression that worked for thousands of years. And please do not bring up all the wars men have gotten us into. The biggest war in history was WWII, and it happened with men elected after women around the world won the right to vote.

Unfortunately men eventually abdicated their God given responsibility and allowed their emotional partner an equal footing in deciding the country's fate. From that day forward, men have been vying for the emotional vote of the women and worrying about their reactions after they got in office. Thus they have become more emotional in their legislating then logical.

It wasn't long before the politicians started passing laws that made the more emotional voter satisfied. Just a cursory look at many of the feel good laws that have been passed by the federal, state, and local governments since 1920 is enough evidence to make my point. Just in California alone, over 200 new laws get passed every year by politicians who think more with their hearts then with their brains.

Why else would California have a law on the books that requires all persons under 18 years of age to wear a helmet while operating a non motorized scooter or skateboard. Or while wearing in-line or roller skates, or while riding upon a non motorized scooter or skateboard as a passenger? Then there are the Federal laws that restrict the use of children under 18 from doing any of a number of non dangerous tasks for an employer. Laws which only limits the employers desire to even hire minors. These are just two examples of laws that only an overprotective mother would support.

I realize that these laws have been passed by mostly men, but the only reason these men got elected was because they played upon the fears of women and castrated men during the election campaign. A couple of years ago I read a story that said there is over 100,000 federal, state, and local laws on the books that regulate or restrict some sort of normal human behavior. If you read all these laws you would see one common denominator, emotion. These laws play to an emotional tugging of the heartstrings.

It is this very emotional kind of feelings that is getting Americans to go along with Global Warming? Think about it? Who isn't moved by the picture of the cute little white furry polar bear who is stranded upon a floating ice berg? The fact that polar bears can swim and average of 100 miles without even tiring matters not a bit, because logic does not play a role in the dbate. These days, a politician cannot raise taxes to save the planet from the evil humans without using emotion.

Many of these laws border on the absurd and were passed during at the height of an emotional rant by the minions on the left. If all those idiotic laws passed don't convince you then just look at the last election cycle. Have you ever seen such a display of human emotions without logic in your life? I thought I was watching a marathon of infomercials about some third world country where the people are being starved and persecuted.

America has become a country of whining, sniveling, emotional pansies who the politicians have learned to play like a Stradivarius. Any politician that is unable to take advantage of the emotional American public has almost no chance of getting elected dog catcher let alone to congress or the White House. Even George Bush used the term, “Compassionate Conservative” to get elected to two terms.

You have to go back to Ronald Reagen's victories in 1980 and '84” to find the last time the candidate running on a campaign of logic won the Presidency. He presented America with the truth about where we were headed and he never shied away from the logical unemotional facts. For eight years he called evil evil, and never allowed the left to paint him into a box. However, we have seen the left feminize the American culture to the point that I do not believe we will ever see another man like Mr. Reagen win the Presidency.

As I look across the vast expanse of this once great Republic, I see an America that will never again be what our forefathers envisioned. The last election was a Marxist revolution, and it was able to happen because emotions trumped logic. I truly believe that in 20 years, things will be so bad in this country that these days will be looked back upon as the good old days. Scary thought isn't it? America has moved from a logical society to an emotional basket case, and it began in 1920 with the passage of the 19th amendment.
Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:17 pm 
WillDavison
F L I N T O I D

You realize, I'm printing this to pull out the next time you run for office.

"Adam Ford is opposed to the 19th Amendment".

...or didn't you read this before you pasted it? Maybe it is an April Fool's joke?
Post Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

That was the most obtuse post I have EVER seen on this website. My inner Gloria Steinham will be more than happy to debate Adam on this subject.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:39 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont forget your helmet when you do. Wink Laughing

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

This is the direct mentality that was spawned by the Christian Coalition of the early 1990's...of which I know absolutely nothing about *eyeroll*. I was actually a nutter that adhered to this kind of thinking back then. Then I became severely wise......

Come on Adam you posted, let's rolll.... Evil or Very Mad
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:38 am 
WillDavison
F L I N T O I D

Don't be too hard on him, andi, you don't actually think Adam reads all of those words before he pastes them, do you?
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:42 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
WillDavison schreef:
You realize, I'm printing this to pull out the next time you run for office.

"Adam Ford is opposed to the 19th Amendment".

...or didn't you read this before you pasted it? Maybe it is an April Fool's joke?

What you don't think hope and change and our welfare programs will be successful. Do you understand satire? The article is about satire but does make the point that "feel good" politics where we help the world and save us from ourselves does not make much sense no matter how much "feminist"/"liberal" politicians enjoy it.

I actually support the constitution unlike the majority politicians in America who seem to think the government's role is to pass ordinances, laws resolutions etc that support the state and limit freedoms.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:51 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
quote:
twotap schreef:

This is the direct mentality that was spawned by the Christian Coalition of the early 1990's...of which I know absolutely nothing about *eyeroll*. I was actually a nutter that adhered to this kind of thinking back then. Then I became severely wise......

Come on Adam you posted, let's rolll.... Evil or Very Mad

o.k.
sat·ire
NOUN:
A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.
Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

Perhaps you just glazed over this section:

"Almost all important issues today come down to an argument between an emotional feeling and a logical thought. When you raise a child it is logical to slap their hands or spank their behind when they do bad things. It is the interference of emotional feelings that allows laws to be passed that condemn that kind of love as child abuse.

I am not advocating that women should be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen. I am also not suggesting that the 19th amendment would, should, or ever could be reversed. It would be easier to hold back the rising waters of the Red River in North Dakota then to reverse any amendment to the constitution. However, before before the 19th amendment was passed women could and did influence men on how to vote, case in point is the 19th amendment. I also realize that there are many men who think more emotionally then some women do, just compare Barney Frank to Ann Coulter."

I do think to call American politics "womanly" "feminist" "liberal" or all about feelings and not logic are valid arguments however.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:01 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Yes, satire is sarcasm. Sarcasm is also construed as twisted anger thereby NOT negating my original response to your post.
Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:33 pm 
WillDavison
F L I N T O I D

You are COMPLETELY full of it, Adam. You couldn't spell satire unless you pasted it, much less utilize it.

Seriously, my guess is that you didn't read this piece of crap of fully contemplate or comprehend what it was saying before you pasted it.

The original author had not intended this to be satire. Conservatives do not UNDERSTAND satire.
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:27 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Conservatives do not UNDERSTAND satire.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
WillDavison schreef:
You are COMPLETELY full of it, Adam. You couldn't spell satire unless you pasted it, much less utilize it.

Seriously, my guess is that you didn't read this piece of crap of fully contemplate or comprehend what it was saying before you pasted it.

The original author had not intended this to be satire. Conservatives do not UNDERSTAND satire.

Nice to meet you WillDavison!! Yes, if you find retorts from the original author under the name of onevike you will find that he pretty much blames men for not having the balls to keep their women in line and that they should have not been neutered emotionally by the wiles of the woman's emotions. Sure let's blame Eve for eternity ..... Of course, these retorts come from freerepublic.com that should explain it all right there.

He retort in a post "Did you even read the article? If you did you would see I actually blame men for abdicating their God given authority and thus we ended up with what we have."

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/by:onevike/index?tab=comments;brevity=full;options=no-change

Excuse my while I head off to puff my husband's pillow, iron his underwear and all the while paying homage to all of the decisions that he has made for me, and at approximately 4:30 I will skip merrily into the bathroom and put some makeup on to make myself look good to please him while wearing a June Cleaver dress and high heels. I will remind myself that my husband is the chap anointed by God to lead my nuclear family into the foundations of righteousness..argh.

Miriam was right in the Old Testament, she's the one that started the women's rights movement by screaming to God, "Does God only speak through Moses?"
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:52 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Yes, satire is sarcasm. Sarcasm is also construed as twisted anger thereby NOT negating my original response to your post.

Right. Like the author I'm just thrilled at the progress made by our welfare state and how we can show our womanly concern for all americans and the world with our amazing free "magic money" system. It's also very nice that other countries are so willing to suffer at our expense.

I know "hope and change" sounds good but it might not feel as good once we have another 10 or 20 million people out of work and our government basically collapses.
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:20 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
WillDavison schreef:

Perhaps you can understand what a bankrupt America is like when Obama is done "caring for us all" and that is not satire if you can understand reality.
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:24 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:

Excuse my while I head off to puff my husband's pillow, iron his underwear and all the while paying homage to all of the decisions that he has made for me, and at approximately 4:30 I will skip merrily into the bathroom and put some makeup on to make myself look good to please him while wearing a June Cleaver dress and high heels. I will remind myself that my husband is the chap anointed by God to lead my nuclear family into the foundations of righteousness..argh.

All while he sits in silence afraid to offend the one who wears the pants in the family. Wink
Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: