FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling for Mayor - Working for Change Volunteer Training
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
votewalling
F L I N T O I D

Dayne Walling for Mayor - Working for Change Volunteer Training

Sunday, March 15th at 5:00 pm
YMCA, 411 E. Third St., Flint, MI

Refreshments will be provided

We need volunteers for change in every ward and neighborhood across the city. Each team will have volunteer leadership roles for canvassing, phone banking, data management, and events.

You can also be an online volunteer. Come learn what you can do to work for change from your own home.

The campaign office needs volunteers for office management, fundraising, and coordination.

For more information, contact the Walling for Mayor campaign at 810-233-9190, visit our website votewalling.com or email us at votewalling@gmail.com.

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What, specifically, has he done for Flint since his return?
How many city council meetings has he attended?
How many block club meetings has he attended?
What real jobs for wages has he had? Starting non profits doesn't count.
Rhodes Scholarships don't count for anything.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Starting non profits doesn't count.

May I ask why they don't count?
Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Gumby schreef:

quote:
Starting non profits doesn't count.

May I ask why they don't count?

Anyone can start a nonprofit. It can be a way of paying yourself a salary while doing nothing for the community.

While a Rhodes Scholarship can denote intelligence, it does not denote practical ability. I've known several highly intelligent people that couldn't tie their own shoes.

Again, what specifically has Dane done for Flint since he unpacked his carpet bag?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:33 am 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

quote:
While a Rhodes Scholarship can denote intelligence, it does not denote practical ability. I've known several highly intelligent people that couldn't tie their own shoes.

We've had the opposite of a Rhodes Scholar the last few decades and we see where that has gotten us. You notice I said decades I am not just blaming Williamson here.

I am not saying Walling is the best choice, I don't know anything about the other candidates other than Buchannon worked closely with the con. So outside of him I won't condemn the other candidates.

I am voting Walling mainly because I think he has the best chance to win (came in a really close second at the last election) and the fact that I live just around the corner from him and I think he has the best interests of my neighborhood in mind.

I was surprised to that Dale Weighill did not run for this election.

I know I spelled their names wrong.
Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Since he's never been seen around here, I wonder if he even cares about our part of Flint. The last election, Weighill came to one of our block club meetings, and even rode the garbage truck helping us pick up stuff after our cleanup.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Bobby Jindal is a Rhodes Scholar.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

He must have actually showed up for class.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

pass. Confused
Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

"Working for Change"

Geez I wonder where he got this idea for a campaign slogan? I think I have heard it somewhere before. The sad thing is I will vote for him since I think he is the lesser of the evils. I'm still not impressed though, I think he might just do the least amount of damage. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Bobby Jindal is a Rhodes Scholar.

Rhodes Scholarship
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
What, specifically, has he done for Flint since his return?
How many city council meetings has he attended?
How many block club meetings has he attended?
What real jobs for wages has he had? Starting non profits doesn't count.

Hey Dave? Why is it so difficult to get a respoonse back from anyone in his campaign on these simple issues. Sounds like you should be at the debate and bring these questions along. I know I have a few of my own dealing with Public Access. Two of the Candidates are actually people who have been able to affect the outcome of Public Access Television in Flint. One of them Voted to Dismantle it. The other hasn't stepped up to the plate and took a stand about enforcing the Contract with Comcast. I hope I can follow up on their Answers.

Because, you know I hate BS stories instead of just owning up to what you've done or not done.
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

if walling is sincere, he'd be very wise to meet any possible disruptions and challenges to his future head on!!!! SPEAK UP DAYNE!!!! Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Bet you a cup of Green Mountain Nantucket Blend coffee the next time you're in Flint that he doesn't.

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:19 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

perhaps i'll have to pass although he'd better get some good advisors soon!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: