FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Looking to buy or sell Real Estate in Flint?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

www.RyanEashoo.com

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Homes under $5000 thats unreal. Shocked No wonder so many folks are staying or perhaps trapped would be a better word?

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:44 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

To all my Flint brothers and sisters I ask why would anyone want to live in Flint? I do not live there but have visited as I have extended family there. I have offered up my house located elsewhere but they choose to live where that have for the past 40 years. I guess old habits are hard to break.

Hey, 5k isn't so bad, I see on the net houses in Detroit sell for $1,500.00.

As OhNobama said, "you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig." Will Flint ever return to the glory days of the 50s? I think not and will remain a "pig" forever.

"Go west young man."

Pan8
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:08 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I believe a lot of folks would abandon Flint except for the fact their homes are now valued at what a decent storage shed costs. They gotta move somewhere but with no home equity. Shocked The old saying he who hesitates is lost is pretty much applied to those who stayed Too long in Flint.

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:45 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

i like flint. maybe someday i will get to live there, (not just work there) but right now, i'm unemployed and my husband is looking to transfer to nc, va, pa, even indiana has more jobs for him than michigan does.

pan8 you have to remember that Flint is home to people, especially if they have lived there for decades. its not easy for older people to pick up and move, and if the younger generations depend on their families for support, they aren't moving either.
Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've lived in Flint all my life, 40 years in this house, except for 4 years in the military. It's our home; we raised our kids here. Back in 96 when my wife was almost killed, I told her we would move if she wanted to. She said: "I will NOT be driven from my home". We're staying.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
i like flint. maybe someday i will get to live there, (not just work there) but right now, i'm unemployed and my husband is looking to transfer to nc, va, pa, even indiana has more jobs for him than michigan does.

pan8 you have to remember that Flint is home to people, especially if they have lived there for decades. its not easy for older people to pick up and move, and if the younger generations depend on their families for support, they aren't moving either.

Please, I mean no offense to anyone and I realise that "there's no place like home." Times change and I hate to say this but I feel Flint's time has come and gone. I am hearing on the news this morning that GM's own auditors state that it is about over for GM and all that may be left could be bankruptcy. Of course big daddy OhNobama may throw another 30 billion at them but unsure at this point.

Like the man said, "the times are a changing and you better start swiming or you'll sink like a stone."

I am concerned for the whole country, not just Flint.

Pan8
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

As low as $500.00

quote:
twotap schreef:
Homes under $5000 thats unreal. Shocked No wonder so many folks are staying or perhaps trapped would be a better word?

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

$500 ya mean you get a whopping $35 commission. Laughing

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:02 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
To all my Flint brothers and sisters I ask why would anyone want to live in Flint? I do not live there but have visited as I have extended family there. I have offered up my house located elsewhere but they choose to live where that have for the past 40 years. I guess old habits are hard to break.

As OhNobama said, "you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig." Will Flint ever return to the glory days of the 50s? I think not and will remain a "pig" forever.

"Go west young man."

Pan8

How much are those mortgage payments out west? Flint is somewhat "used" to the depravity. If things crash we'll just have to wait and see who does better. Low cost centers like Flint or high cost collapsing markets like out west in California. I'd rather have my house value plummet from 50,000 to 25,000 than $500,000 to $250,000.

Flint has always been a leader. If Flint doesn't ever turn around I'm not sure the rest of the nation will ever turn around either despite Obama's efforts to "stimulate".

We're in a global economy now where low cost centers like India and China are winning and high cost centers like the United States are losing. I've actually looked at real estate in India and China and in some cases Flint is actually cheaper.

If Flint decides to go all out and compete I think things will turn around. Right now I guess our unemployment is a little under 20%. Maybe when we get near 30% our city leaders will be ready to "pull off the gloves".
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flint has always been a leader.
Confused Confused Confused HUH???

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:47 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
pan8 schreef:

"Go west young man."

Pan8

How much are those mortgage payments out west? Flint is somewhat "used" to the depravity. If things crash we'll just have to wait and see who does better. Low cost centers like Flint or high cost collapsing markets like out west in California. I'd rather have my house value plummet from 50,000 to 25,000 than $500,000 to $250,000.

Flint has always been a leader. If Flint doesn't ever turn around I'm not sure the rest of the nation will ever turn around either despite Obama's efforts to "stimulate".

We're in a global economy now where low cost centers like India and China are winning and high cost centers like the United States are losing. I've actually looked at real estate in India and China and in some cases Flint is actually cheaper.

If Flint decides to go all out and compete I think things will turn around. Right now I guess our unemployment is a little under 20%. Maybe when we get near 30% our city leaders will be ready to "pull off the gloves".

I own a home in California but am not currently there. Where I am located now U.S. citizens can not own property out right. That said, California is also seeing a depreciation in real estate values. Hey, at least the weather is great and there are jobs abate not many career positions. Jobs at the entry level paying in the $8 - $9 hourly.

Where all this will end who knows? I do know that the Dow has about crashed and for the administration to throw money around may not be the most prudent thing to do. Even tho I totally disagree with Obama and his politics he is doing something and the old saying comes to mind, "Shi- or get off the pot!"

Now if he would only agree to a debate with Rush! Confused

Pan8
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:45 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thats correct twotap! Smile

quote:
twotap schreef:
$500 ya mean you get a whopping $35 commission. Laughing

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well if you can pawn off 20 or 30 of those a week you should be set. Very Happy

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
Flint has always been a leader.
Confused Confused Confused HUH???

We helped lead the nation in the industrialization and we have been in the lead of the deindustrialization and now we have been in the lead of economic depravity. I would see Flint as a leading indicator. It seems many if not most cities in America are currently headed towards economic depravity like Flint has already experienced.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: