FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Former Flint Radio Personality John Roman Dies

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rusty
F L I N T O I D

John Roman, former host and Program Director for Supertalk 1570 unexpectedly died last night of what is believed to be a massive heart attack.

John was in his mid-fifties, and had moved to Florida to run a cluster of stations.

He leaves behind his companion of ten years Carolyn, and his sons Alex, 9 and John Taylor, 15.

Rusty Thomas
Former Producer, Roman On The Radio
Former Program Director, Supertalk 1570
Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:42 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rusty schreef:
John Roman, former host and Program Director for Supertalk 1570 unexpectedly died last night of what is believed to be a massive heart attack.

John was in his mid-fifties, and had moved to Florida to run a cluster of stations.

He leaves behind his companion of ten years Carolyn, and his sons Alex, 9 and John Taylor, 15.

Rusty Thomas

that is very sad news. I was sorry to see him go. Flint local radio is pretty much a wasteland, though the replacement, Lou Lobsinger is getting better.

Its either him or Andy Heller. Smart move on Heller's part to get into radio. I can't imagine making a career in newsprint these days. The FJ is a shell of its former self.

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

He was a gentile kind soul.

quote:
rusty schreef:

Rusty Thomas
Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:38 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

Visitation for John ROman will take place Friday, March 20 from 10am to Noon at Swartz Funeral Home on Hill Road. Service will be at noon. Lunch after at Holy Redeemer.

Also, listen for a special Tribute Broadcast of ROman on the Radio on Supertalk 1570. I'm not sure when it will air yet, but, I'm helping to put that together.

Rusty
Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: