FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Gay Marriage
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flint Man Dan

I do believe that we have a government that has gotten WAY out of control. The government was to be a very small force in the Republic of states. Instead, it is slowly becoming a "dictator" to the states. And people are following like blind sheep, to the slaughter.... and it is my desire to get people to "THINK"!!!

Most people do NOT use their critical thinking skills... they just "accept" whatever the news or popular media hands out as "truth", though it may be as full of holes as a collander. They "do as they are told" and fail to realize that we are all being led down a terrible path towards a totalitarian state.
What's even more frightening, is the way the government is using the religious zealot's of our time, to get society focused on their "last prejudice and fear" - homosexuality...Using it as a point of contention and division. This controversy over Gay Marriage and Equality for Gays has the whole Nation and religious community "up in arms".

And one must look at this and ask the question "Not What - BUT - WHY". Why is this debate going on now. Why.. we must ask the question WHY?
This subject, is very personal for me, one in which I feel deeply and passionate about. BUT, from a governmental point of view.. just like abortion was a tool of devisiveness in the last election... the subject of Gay Rights, is being USED by those that would benefit politically from it... as it is being used as something that works to "divide" our nation. (And who may I ask, is the author of chaos, division, prejudice and hate?)

What our politicians SHOULD be doing, is working to "UNITE" the nation and bring Peace and Harmony to our Nation. Instead, they are using peoples fears and prejudices to get them focused on things that are very emotional, though not logical nor of the greatest importance. This administration has promoted more fear and worry into the National conscience, I think than any other in history. The sad part is that society accepts all of this, without thinking about what they are being lead to think or what the media/government/religious zealots are saying... and they are getting into this debate, yet NOT being well educated on the subject. And failing to ask the all important question of WHY?

While all the time, there are MUCH bigger and FAR more important matters at hand, that have to do with EVERYONES Liberties, Rights and Freedoms, that the current administration would like everyone to ignore, as they slowly remove our fundamental Constitutional rights. (ie: The Patriot Act, The Law of the Sea Treaty, NAFTA, etc.)Rapidly, this administration has been working overtime, to dis-mantle our Constitutional Rights, and bring about laws that undermine us, as soveriegn citizens.

So what better a thing, than to get the Nation in an upheavel over something so emotionally charged as Gay Rights, and especially Gay Marriage Rights.
And it is on this subject of Gay Rights, Gay Marriage Rights and so forth, I want to talk. But first may I bring to your recollection, what History has taught us. If we will learn the lessons that history has taught us, maybe we won't make the same mistakes that our forefathers have made.

For instance:
Just as in the days of Slavery in the South, the Southern Baptists stood FIRMLY on their Bibles as THE Source for the enforcement of Slavery... They believed that "God had created it, ordained it, and Scripture condoned it". That it would be a Sin or Blasphemy to end it. And any person who would say that Slavery was NOT of God and would put for the idea that Slavery was a BAD THING... was NOT walking in the Light and Truth of God's word and in fact, it might even be said of that person, that they may not be a True or Real Christian.

It is from this terribly "mis-understood" perspective of interpretation of the Scriptures, that Slavery was upheld and defended for many a century, and not only in this country, but around the world.
Now we find ourselves in the same battles, people, having been steeped in a fashion of thinking and believing... that Homosexuality is "an abomination", "Sin", "Detestable" before God... that we are having to Re-read those scriptures, get them into the "light" in which they were written and look to see what those Scripture are REALLY SAYING. For when we do, we find that there was NO word in the Hebrew, that could correctly be translated as "Homosexual" as we understand or apply it today. And where they have interpreted the original texts inserting the word "homosexual".. it is a grossly prejudiced mis-interpretation of that word.

Anytime that you begin to ask a society to redefine certain, fundamental thoughts of belief, you have the most difficult time, getting people to Change their Minds.
For the Christian Fundamentalist.... they have been steeped in years of teaching that a "Narrow Mind" is AS the Mind of God. The thinking here, is that a narrow mind is a good thing. What they do not realize, is that is was that same kind of thought, that held to the "Flat Earth" theory.They believe in the literal translation of the English version of the Scriptures.
What they fail to see, accept or open their minds to, is that within the Scriptures which they hold so dearly to condemn Homosexuality, there can also be found Scriptures that are equally damning against them for their failure at being Kind, Understand, Long Suffering and Patient with those whom do not hold to their beliefs and ways of living or to their understandings.

They also, fail to properly interpret the Word of God, and refuse to see actual accounts in scripture, of affirming words to Homosexuals. Those words, of which I am sure you are familiar, as in the Book of Ruth, between Ruth & Namoi or in II Samuel, David's words that are deep meaningful words of "same sex love" about Jonathan.

Then of course, in the New Testament... one of Jesus first healings is that of a Roman Centurion's male lover! But, Religious conservatives do NOT want to see these things. They hold onto their prejudices and fears with a ferver and a thought, that in "opening their minds" to these truths or ideas about Scripture, they are somehow being "deceived of the devil".
Just as in the days of Prohabition, when certain Scriptures were used to defend the total absitenence of drinking alcoholic beverages. Or the Scriptures that were used for Centuries to deny Women Rights, uphold Slavery, support Segregation, Deny inter-racial marriage, we now know that that use of Scripture has failed. There was not enough evidence in the Bible to support such ideas. Nor of course, that Africans are somehow "Ordained by God" to be slaves.

We know now, that all of that was a mis-interpretation of God's word and the meaning of the text as it applies to our modern world had to be changed. But, it was at a great cost before the Religious Community, Society and then the World accepted that what they had been teaching, in some instances for centuries, was wrong!

So now you have an insight into what I have been researching, reading and studying.
BUT, I have not lost sight of the fact, that as I prepare to join my fellow Gay Christian Americans and stand up for our Right to be freed from Prejudice and malignant thought.

That beyond these rights, we need to have an ever watchful on our elected officials and what it is they are doing. For they are NOT always people that can be trusted... for power always corrupts... even those whose initial intentions are of the sincerest of heart!
This is why I always encourage my fellow Americans to Read, Study and Understand the Constitution and The Bill of Rights. How can you know what the truth is, if you've not read it?

What needs to be stemmed, in the Media, Government and Religious Community's are the examples of homosexuals being aligned with sexual perverts, pedophiles and other criminal sexual behaviour. This does nothing but put fear in the thoughts of common people. They allued to the idea that it is if by being attracted to ones own sex, in some way it makes you criminal.

This, as you and I know is NOT true... and so it is that we must work to let the Truth be known....it is a proven scientific fact... Sexual Orientation is something that you are born with.

Ask any heterosexual, just exactly WHEN did they decide that they were going to "choose" to be attracted to the opposite sex. Because, if being a homosexual is a "choice", as we are told.... then the opposite MUST be true. That ALL Heterosexuals had a point in their lives when they "CHOSE" to be heterosexual.

NOW, if they search their hearts and souls, they have to admit that they never had a point where they "chose" their sexual orientation.
So then we are left with the concept and notion that "homosexuals" are "born that way". There is nothing wrong with homosexuals, we are not bad, evil or in some other way contentionious.

We are normal, healthy, happy people, .... who have been prejudiced against for centuries and made to "feel bad" about being who we are.
Finally, there is enough of an awakening in our world, to finally undertake one of the "last prejudices and fears" in society. That is societies fear and prejudice of Homosexuals.

For the world has so maligned and hated us, that there are many half truths, totally fictious lies, and ignorances about Homosexuals.... that it is hard to get at the real truth of the matter.
It is the "Truth" that I am willing to work towards helping "bring to light" in our world.

And though, without the Help and Assistance of the Holy Spirit being my guide, my task would be impossible. I lay before the presence of a most Holy and Loving God, that my mission in this life is to help the world and society see, that being born Homosexual, is NOT sin, that two people of the same sex, DO make a Legitimate FAMILY, just as two people of opposite sex have ALWAYS been accepted as a legitimate "FAMILY".
I believe that God has chosen this time and place, as the time for this subject to come to light. So that ALL of His created persons, can fulfill their missions to Serve the Lord in Spirit and in Truth.

For, when you believe that your sexual orientation is WRONG and an ABOMINATION before God.... you begin to develop "self-hatred". And it can manifest in many, many different self destructive ways. But, it violates God's words which tell us that we are Created in the Image and Likeness of our Creator.

And then we have the great command to; Love our neighbors, even as we Love ourselves.

So since, homosexuals are "born" that way... then why would a Loving Creator, create homosexuals, so they can hate themselves. Maybe they are unique expression of the Creator, that man has yet to embrace and see.
I believe, Satan has worked very hard... twisting scripture in the minds of good men... to bring about these problems in our society... INSTEAD of Society embrassing and seeing the Homosexual as a Blessing and an Asset to Society. Satan - not Jehovah God, has "demonized" homosexuals to bring about more evil into the world and into God's Holy Church.
Just stop and think about how blessed our world has been by the many men and women who are Homosexual. Think about it, generally they are the ones that bring to us great works of Poetry, Art, Music, Theater, Architure, Fashion, Horticulture, Botany, Cosmetology and so many other "creative" venues. These are historically known to be areas of endeavor in which "homosexuals" lead the field.

So why are Homosexuals so hated? So mis-understood?
I believe because just like in the days of Slavery, Semitism (Nazism), Women's Sufferage & Race Segragation... the Religious & Community Leaders... in fear of having to admit they were wrong, hold firm and fast to their belief system, no matter how far off from the TRUTH they may be. Because, if they admit that maybe they are wrong... somehow they believe that what is being said, is that Scripture is wrong.

Scripture is NEVER wrong. What IS wrong, is our interpretation of the text and how we are to apply that text in our modern world.
There is many people who talk about "Returning to the good ole' days" or establishing "Quaker Values" or other such sayings. What these people fail to realize, is that we cannot GO BACK.... we must press on to the future. And in that future we must invest our talents, resources, time and energies to provide to our proserity a world that is better than the world we currently live in. A world where ALL people can feel wanted, needed and loved. A world where ALL people regardless of Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Disablitiy, Creed or Color are accepted as people Created by a Loving God.
That we should all LIVE BY and PROMOTE the words of Christ... to Love God with all of our being... and to Love one another as we Love ourselves.
When we have done this, without prejudice of heart, we will have begun to make "Heaven of this Earth".

I might add, that what I've written here, is out of a loving heart, to see people everywhere put down there swords of prejudice and judgement! That they might be people with open hearts and minds, who will see that ALL people are Loved by God and must be shown God's love, so that ALL may enter into fellowship with Jesus Christ.

It is written "Whosever will come and believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, Shall themselves be saved. For it is by Grace you are Saved from your Sin, Not by any good works, lest no man can boast".

May God Bless us all, as we struggle to gain freedoms for all of God's people.

Read Your Bible, Read The Consititution and Read the Bill of Rights!

Flint Man Dan November 10, 2006
Flint Michigan USA
Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:18 pm 
Don

That is soo true.. I couldn't of said it any better. Flint Man Dan, you should have your own Flint Column.
Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:19 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I'm think poverty, economic development, and crime are more pressing issues right now.
Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 pm 
Laura

Amen Dan! Keep Preaching!
Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:56 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

After being married now for almost 34 years, I think that all marriages need to be banned,,,nobody should be allowed to get married, to you gay people, you want to get married, go for it,,,laughing,,
Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:22 am 
Chris

MaMa Bear sounds like you need some Paxil or something.. laughing..
Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:15 pm 
Chris

Mama Bear maybe you should try some paxil or something...

laughing..
Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:18 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

Chris why is that good stuff???? I have not tried paxil yet, do you like it? Your laughing so much either your on Paxil or your smoking some pot,,,can you precribe me some?
Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:04 am 
pissed off ma ma bear

Tonight a comedian on T.V . says that Gay marriages should be allowed,,,because those that find Gay sex offensive should not mind if Gay people get married because after all , after marriage the Sex Ends,,,,,,,now that was a good one,,,,hats off to that one,
Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:43 am 
Chris

quote:
pissed off ma ma bear schreef:
Chris why is that good stuff???? I have not tried paxil yet, do you like it? Your laughing so much either your on Paxil or your smoking some pot,,,can you precribe me some?

On Paxil here, and yes it does help
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:45 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

Chris, I really need to seriously warn you about something about Paxil,,,I just found out a close friend of mines daughter who was 33 yrs old was on paxil,,,,she called her mother and said mom this medication is not helping I am so depressed and not feeling well, she had a very stressful high paying job, 3 children a husband, she is now dead,,,she committed suicide that night,,,they think the Paxil caused her to commit suicide,,,please be careful of some medications,,,the chemical changes sometimes are not good to the brain,,,I am not joking as I usually do, I am being honest and serious here,,,they are suing the company who makes this drug,,
Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:08 pm 
David

GAY PEOPLE CREATED AIDS BECAUSE THEY FOOLED AROUND WITH MONKEYS
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:16 am 
str8 flint man

[quote]David GAY PEOPLE CREATED AIDS BECAUSE THEY FOOLED AROUND WITH MONKEYS

david ur so f**king dumm my best friend was not gay and he died of aids he got it from a women

u should read some books. (if u know how to read) u f**king dumm ass i bet u think that cancer was only people who smoke !

so david grow up and get a life and not that trailer park u live in and maybe u should goto a gay bar and work on coming out of the closet. Evil or Very Mad
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:31 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

whats this happy people bull,,,if the word Gay cannot be uncluded in disussion please remove my comments from this section,,thanks
Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:05 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:37 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: