FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Class returns to the whitehouse.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

British prime minister Brown, the first European leader to visit Obama since his Jan. 20 inauguration, presented Obama with uniquely historic gifts symbolizing America's relationship with England.....
LINK

"The first of which is a pen holder fashioned from the oak timber of HMS Gannet, a Navy vessel that served on anti-slavery missions off Africa.

Another treasure given to Obama is a framed commissioning paper for HMS Resolute, a Royal Navy ship that came to symbolize British-American goodwill when it was rescued by the U.S. from icebergs and given to Queen Victoria. It is the sister ship of the HMS Gannet.

Finally, Brown gave Obama a first edition of Martin Gilbert's seven-volume biography of Winston Churchill, whose World War II partnership with President Franklin Roosevelt symbolized the U.S.-Anglo alliance.

For Sasha and Malia, Sarah Brown, the Prime Minister's wife, gave each an outfit from Topshop, a British chain of clothing stores, and selected six children's books by British authors which have yet to be published in the U.S."

And in return.....

"President Obama gave the Prime Minister a "special collector's box" of DVDs featuring ET, Star Wars and The Wizard of Oz, and First Lady Michelle Obama presented the prime minister's two boys with toy helicopters modeled after Marine One."

Apparently the Obamas sent one of their lackys on a $35 shopping spree to impress the Prime minister. I wonder if the Dvds were previously viewed and well the choppers were probably Whitehouse freebies. Good going chosen one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes

In a related note its been reported that Prime Minister Brown is kicking himself for giving historical heirlooms as gifts when he coulda just brought the complete Monty Python series.
Laughing

Whats even funnier is the Obamas werent even aware that those Dvds have the wrong region code for England. Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/iain_martin/blog/2009/03/06/president_barack_obama_dislikes_britain_but_hes_keen_to_meet_the_queen

Last edited by twotap on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:23 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

O'B could have gone to the Universal Studios web site & ordered "Bates Motel" bath towels for less money.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im surprised they didnt give the prime minister all 4 seasons of this.

Link

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:45 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I'm ashamed and embarrassed.

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:05 am 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

The prime minister's boys probably loved the marine helicopters much more than any clothes as presents.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:59 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Oh ya and im sure the prime minister spends many late nights watching those 'Classic" and historic Rolling Eyes pieces of hollywood trivia. What an embarrasment the Obama's are. Total lack of class.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I read the link you provided and it made me sick. Obama is so concerned to becomes friends with muslim radicals, he is insulting our best source of help. Obama has no clue what he is doing. I still think he was solely elected on his celebrity factor.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:32 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

yea yea...hail to rush limbaugh Boo hoo! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:34 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
yea yea...hail to rush limbaugh Boo hoo! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey back, is that kool aid your avatar has been drinking? Laughing

Pan8
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:51 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Barack Hussein Obama flavor ill bet. Laughing

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:59 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

"burp" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: