FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: MINOR LEAGUE THE MOVIE SHOOTING IN FLINT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Adam there are a lot of positive and negatives associated with the rebates. The positives?

Possibly in a year or so we may have a lot of people with **money** coming out and spending it when they are IN the movie. H*ll, they may even buy property for vacation purposes. Number 3? I am being selfish, it may bring people back TO Michigan, that moved to Cali with stars in their eyes, or valuable production skills and other skills pertaining to the movie industry...like my brother....

The negatives? I agree with what you present as negatives.

We could possibly create millions of jobs if we could give every business a 40% rebate. Maybe Obama can give us the money for it. Who needs "real jobs" when Granholm and Obama can create them all for you. In Flint we also have a mayor and council people who create all those amazing jobs so many in fact we have to ban some/a lot of home businesses.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:48 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

The banning of the home-based business thing bugs the heck out of me..I am with you on that. Granted SOME stipulations have to occur so people don't get carried away, like extra car traffic to your door thereby ruining a residential neighborhood.

But it shouldn't be banned altogether. You are in the IT industry as is my husband, we have done websites for companies without a problem because we used to travel to their offices...there has to be a delicate balance.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I would classify the more upscale "white male" ones as legal but say for example the more "annoying" "affirmative action" type of jobs are the ones banned in Flint.

I went to a very nice professional upscale garage sale in a rural white Republican? community one time. They do the professional upscale garage sale once or twice a month in the summer. Those were specifically banned in Flint because apparently people were creating jobs at it. There are also pretty hefty fines (fees) for even having a garage sale but I think like most of our other ordinances people are unaware of that.

On another note I have heard it is typically more legit to have a "drunken stupor party" in Michigan than to have a home business meeting (amway quixtar avon etc etc) in your home because houses aren't supposed to be used for that.

Obviously we can't move towards complete freedom for Flint citizens overnight but I do feel we could make minor strides towards creating Ebayy and other types of home businesses in Flint.

I do think it's asanine that you and your husband could have drunk fests everynight with no problems (as long as you didn't violate noise or parking ordinances) whereas you can't have a couple off business aquantances over legally.

The only "bright side" is most laws aren't enforced. Flint's ordinances are probably enforced less than 10% of the time maybe even less than 1%.

Perhaps I should talk to Bob Emmerson or the Uptown/white 6 or whoever really runs Flint on why they should legalize competition for themselves.

It may be a problem for downtown business owners if more people shopped in places like the north end nd East Side

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:22 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Could you give Flinttalk an update as to how things are going, Brad?
Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: