FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: MINOR LEAGUE THE MOVIE SHOOTING IN FLINT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
LyonProductions
F L I N T O I D

Greetings All,

My name is Brad Lyon and I am the Operating Founder of Lyon Productions which is producing the feature film Minor League, a football story. This is a SAG Ultra Low Budget production that is slated for principal photography March 23. Currently attached talent includes:

COACH WHISTLER - Robert Miano
(Donnie Brasco/Dungeons & Dragons/General Hospital)
COACH HOGSWORTH - Wayne Hardnett aka Bone Crusher
(Rap Artist/ATL)
GRANT HILLTOWER - Scott Schwartz
(Ocean's 11,12,13/Starsky & Hutch/The Scorpion King)
STRIPPER CHEERLEADER - Angelique Morgan
(Playboy/VH1's Rock of Love/Charm School)
THE ANNOUNCER - Gary Garver
(Howard Stern/Reality Horror Night/Exscape TV)
BRAD SMITH - Brad Lyon
(All's Faire In Love/Virgin on Bourbon Street)
TONY HOUSER - Tony Stef'Ano
(All's Faire In Love/X-Men 3/Charlie's Angels)
JOEY JOGLY- Jason Sutton (Fraternity House)
JOEY # 2 - Jon Alderman (All's Faire In Love)
THE BARTENDER - Johnny Lechner - (Fraternity House/David Letterman)
FORMER PATRIOT - Tiny Iron - (UK Star)
EXPANSION TEAM PLAYER - Big Spence - (The Prankster/Four Christmases/Californication)

The film is being produced for 50K. The majority of the funding is secured, however we have a number of available investment units for anyone interested. 25 Share Units were available at a rate of 2K per share. Each share being worth 2% of the net revenue of the film. Beyond the revenue you would receive from the sales and distribution of the film, the investment awards you a producer's credit in the film. We are offering a CO-Executive Producer credit for anyone purchasing 3 shares or more! It also includes on set opportunities as well as being a featured extra in the project during a scene that honors our producing team.

In addition, Michigan offers the Film Tax Incentive Rebate. This rebate offers up to 42% back on all productions costs incurred a production in Michigan. Which makes for this to be a very safe investment for anyone interested.

We also have a number of product placement opportunities available for Flint area businesses.

BE A FILM SUPPORTER AND BUY A SPECIAL GIFT FOR A FRIEND

I would love to take full credit for this idea but it was partly suggested to me to help round out the last of the budget. (Thank you to the "unnamed" producer who suggested it.) We call it the "Be Part of a Movie" package. If you have a friend or family member who always wanted to be in a movie (or maybe yourself and you somehow came across this email) this is the opportunity for you! You get to have your name in the credits, get movie memorabilia, help fund the film, and even appear both on set and on camera as an extra!

A Special "Thank You" Credit in the film with your name
A Copy of the film
A Signed Limited Edition Movie Poster by members of the cast
A Visit to the Set (Travel and lodging at your expense)
Have Your Name Listed on the Official Web site in the Special Thanks Section

AND TO TOP IT OFF ---- THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE AN EXTRA IN ONE OF OUR SCENES. There may even be an opportunity based on availability to be a featured extra which means you will be listed with the cast in the credits!

So in short, we are producing a fun football sports movie with a great cast that will be shot here in Flint. We've raised the majority of the funds, I know because I've personally provided for most of it, however, we could use your support and helping us finish off the budget.

Feel free to email me directly at Brad@GeneseeCountyPatriots.com

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Did you get some money from Granholm for the tax credit program for films?
Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Adam there are a lot of positive and negatives associated with the rebates. The positives?

Possibly in a year or so we may have a lot of people with **money** coming out and spending it when they are IN the movie. H*ll, they may even buy property for vacation purposes. Number 3? I am being selfish, it may bring people back TO Michigan, that moved to Cali with stars in their eyes, or valuable production skills and other skills pertaining to the movie industry...like my brother....

The negatives? I agree with what you present as negatives.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:08 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Now lets see, "Blue Collar", "Roger & Me", "Grand Torino" and now this movie. Gee, wonder if Hollywood should be worried? Did I leave any movies out?

Come to Michigan, Hollywood of the midwest. Cool
Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:26 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Lets hope Michigan dosent turn into another "Land of Fruits and Nuts" wait a minute I believe Flints almost there. Hey Pan ya missed that box office dud Semi pro which was good as it shouldnt even be mentioned in the same post as Gran Torino. Clint Rocks. Laughing Of course ya did iclude a Fat Mike production fiasco but that was probably just a minor glitch. Laughing

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:09 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Hmmmmm, missed Semi Pro, how on earth could I have forgotten that creative masterpiece?

2tap not sure you saw "Blue Collar" as it came out in the '70s but really great for a laugh if you like Richard Pryor. Harvey Keitel and Yaphet Kotto also got top billing in the movie. Gives an entertaining look at the people and the auto industry in Michigan.

Probably out on video or DVD.

Pan8
Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:27 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill bet netflix has it will check it out. Very Happy

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:29 am 
LyonProductions
F L I N T O I D

To answer the first question, no we did not "receive" money from the tax credit program. The program actually does not work in that manner. The Michigan Tax Rebate incentive is a post production rebate. A production company applies prior to production for the rebate and sends in its budget. Following production of the film, the company then sends in all receipts associated with costs incurred in state. The state then reviews the receipts and awards up to 40% (42% back in core communities such as Flint). Though I am sure there are available grants for general film production (I am aware of some), the Tax Incentive does not fund any film prior to the completion of the project.

On a second note, yikes you guys missed a ton of films. Let alone, a major one filmed right here in Flint and Holly called All's Faire In Love. This film starred such people as Christina Ricci, Ann Margret, Mathew Lillard, Bill Engvall, Cedric the Entertainer, Dave Sheridan, myself in a small role, and several other familiar faces. There has been a score of movies filmed here recently such as American Virgin (Virgin on Bourbon Street) starring Rob Schneider, Drew Barrymore's Whip It, Demoted with Sean Astin and David cross, the movie High School with Colin Hanks and Adrien Brody, Wild Michigan, heck the list is huge.

I would like to thank you all for keeping this post positive. It is nice to see support for at least one Industry that is trying to develop here in this state. After all, we do have three new studios being built here with a budget of over 180 Million combined that will offer more than 5,000 jobs combined. Surprised)
Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

***I would like to thank you all for keeping this post positive. It is nice to see support for at least one Industry that is trying to develop here in this state. After all, we do have three new studios being built here with a budget of over 180 Million combined that will offer more than 5,000 jobs combined.****

Support for an industry? There's nothin' left, we'll welcome anyone.

I know a lot of the major film studios, in Cali, have been laying people off, who knows maybe they might find work here near Detroit. Wink
Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:37 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

pan8, you left out "All's Faire in Love" but that isn't out yet, and the Drew Barrymore movie, also not out.

There was also the Bruce Campbell movie filmed in Kalamazoo appropriately titled "Kalamazoo!" but that was like an independant film, and long before Semi-Pro.
Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:05 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Good, film more things here please

quote:
LyonProductions schreef:
Greetings All,

My name is Brad Lyon and I am the Operating Founder of Lyon Productions which is producing the feature film Minor League, a football story. This is a SAG Ultra Low Budget production that is slated for principal photography March 23. Currently attached talent includes:

COACH WHISTLER - Robert Miano
(Donnie Brasco/Dungeons & Dragons/General Hospital)
COACH HOGSWORTH - Wayne Hardnett aka Bone Crusher
(Rap Artist/ATL)
GRANT HILLTOWER - Scott Schwartz
(Ocean's 11,12,13/Starsky & Hutch/The Scorpion King)
STRIPPER CHEERLEADER - Angelique Morgan
(Playboy/VH1's Rock of Love/Charm School)
THE ANNOUNCER - Gary Garver
(Howard Stern/Reality Horror Night/Exscape TV)
BRAD SMITH - Brad Lyon
(All's Faire In Love/Virgin on Bourbon Street)
TONY HOUSER - Tony Stef'Ano
(All's Faire In Love/X-Men 3/Charlie's Angels)
JOEY JOGLY- Jason Sutton (Fraternity House)
JOEY # 2 - Jon Alderman (All's Faire In Love)
THE BARTENDER - Johnny Lechner - (Fraternity House/David Letterman)
FORMER PATRIOT - Tiny Iron - (UK Star)
EXPANSION TEAM PLAYER - Big Spence - (The Prankster/Four Christmases/Californication)

The film is being produced for 50K. The majority of the funding is secured, however we have a number of available investment units for anyone interested. 25 Share Units were available at a rate of 2K per share. Each share being worth 2% of the net revenue of the film. Beyond the revenue you would receive from the sales and distribution of the film, the investment awards you a producer's credit in the film. We are offering a CO-Executive Producer credit for anyone purchasing 3 shares or more! It also includes on set opportunities as well as being a featured extra in the project during a scene that honors our producing team.

In addition, Michigan offers the Film Tax Incentive Rebate. This rebate offers up to 42% back on all productions costs incurred a production in Michigan. Which makes for this to be a very safe investment for anyone interested.

We also have a number of product placement opportunities available for Flint area businesses.

BE A FILM SUPPORTER AND BUY A SPECIAL GIFT FOR A FRIEND

I would love to take full credit for this idea but it was partly suggested to me to help round out the last of the budget. (Thank you to the "unnamed" producer who suggested it.) We call it the "Be Part of a Movie" package. If you have a friend or family member who always wanted to be in a movie (or maybe yourself and you somehow came across this email) this is the opportunity for you! You get to have your name in the credits, get movie memorabilia, help fund the film, and even appear both on set and on camera as an extra!

A Special "Thank You" Credit in the film with your name
A Copy of the film
A Signed Limited Edition Movie Poster by members of the cast
A Visit to the Set (Travel and lodging at your expense)
Have Your Name Listed on the Official Web site in the Special Thanks Section

AND TO TOP IT OFF ---- THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE AN EXTRA IN ONE OF OUR SCENES. There may even be an opportunity based on availability to be a featured extra which means you will be listed with the cast in the credits!

So in short, we are producing a fun football sports movie with a great cast that will be shot here in Flint. We've raised the majority of the funds, I know because I've personally provided for most of it, however, we could use your support and helping us finish off the budget.

Feel free to email me directly at Brad@GeneseeCountyPatriots.com

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:12 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Oh I think you secretly love Michael Moore, is it true your in love with him?

quote:
twotap schreef:
Lets hope Michigan dosent turn into another "Land of Fruits and Nuts" wait a minute I believe Flints almost there. Hey Pan ya missed that box office dud Semi pro which was good as it shouldnt even be mentioned in the same post as Gran Torino. Clint Rocks. Laughing Of course ya did iclude a Fat Mike production fiasco but that was probably just a minor glitch. Laughing
Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:15 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya baby whats not to love. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:06 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Careful twotap!! Twisted Evil

quote:
twotap schreef:
Ya baby whats not to love. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Careful twotap!!????????
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:19 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: