FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Herring Family Fundraiser

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Greetings friends and neighbors,

I would like to invite you to a fund raiser for Paul Herring and his family.

If you have not yet heard his house burnt down on December 23rd. 2008.

The fundraiser will be held at the Greater Flint Arts Council.

Saturday January 24th

5:00PM - 7:00PM

GFAC
816 S. Saginaw St.
Flint , MI 48502

Paul and his sons made it out without any harm. However, Angela did suffer 2nd Degree burns on her face and hands, Angela has been healing nicely. However, has been told by doctors to stay inside and isn’t going out in public for a few more weeks.

The community has been very gracious. A neighborhood fund raiser was held within the first week. They have received Clothes and shoes and cash. All were very much appreciated by the family.

Smoke has damaged pretty much everything and they are basically starting anew. I have enclosed a list of items that they still need. Please do not just go and purchase any without contacting me first (Ted Jankowski 810-701-2424) to see if anyone else has already purchased it..

http://www.yourgcmc.org/HerringFamilyFundRaiser.htm to view list of items.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Ted for passing this along, if nobody knows Paul ( which would surprise me ) he is very dedicated to the Flint Comminity. ( all aspects of it ) He is a personal friend and lives across the street from me. His family has done so much for Flint and Historic Carriage Town that I hope everyone will give just a little bit to help this Flint family get back on their feet.

Paul, his wife and kids are always there to help a neighbor in need, now they are in need and they need our help.

Ryan Eashoo

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, WHere at accross the street? THey are living just up the street now.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

On Mason Street.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

That's right I remmember Monica saying you lived close by also.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Ted, you obviously know Paul’s a good friend of mine, too. He actually came to see me (Ryan, where were you at) during this last (hilarious) play I did at the Masonic. He was there the first weekend we opened. In fact, the cast party was just up the street from his house on the corner. I’ll try to make the fundraiser, Ted. I have a comedy gig that night in Waterford, but that’s not until 7pm. Angela is super nice and little Paul and Marcus are good kids.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, I was parked out in front of your house yesterday. Paul and took down the shows to southfield. You were just pulling in as we were leaving. BTW that is a huge house.
Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

You should of said Hi Ted.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

We were in a rush.
Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: