FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How to keep jobs away from white male construction workers
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Maybe they can focus on hiring illegals.

Link

Last edited by Adam on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:02 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

You know a new poll from a polling company says more and more Americans are willing to do field work to be able to stay alive. I wonder if congress is going to forget about the illegal immigrants now and let them take more and more of our jobs?

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ManinthePinStripeSuit
F L I N T O I D

How to jobs away from white male construction workers.
Adam you so stuck on throwing racial bites until you are
to crosseye to type a corrrect sentence.

The sentence should have read...How to KEEP jobs away
from white male construction workers, and not How to jobs
away from white male construction workers. Evil or Very Mad

Yet you are calling yourself one of the Representatives
of the people? Let go of the race bitter Adam. Obama
is in Office now. Old bullshit has died away, and all of
our thinking patterns have become new.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Read this

http://robertreich.blogspot.com/2009/01/stimulus-how-to-create-jobs-without.html

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Can you imagine the uproar if Robert Reich wanted to keep the jobs from going to black males. This is an outrage. Everyone is hurting right now. I am a white male that would love to have a job with benefits. I am laid off right now. Why does that make me less qualified to hold a construction job? My family will have to continue to struggle because we are white? Race has nothing to do with a persons work ethic. What happened to being just an American. I am tired of being punished because I chose to work part time jobs so my kids can eat. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I just quit trying to be a productive citizen. I would get free food, free housing, and free medical insurance.

That is the problem with these programs and spreading the wealth. Why should I have to spend so much time away from my family if the government will reward me for doing nothing. What is my drive to become successful.

Good post Adam, stuff like this shouldn't be on Flinttalk, it should be on the national news stations.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:08 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Read this

http://robertreich.blogspot.com/2009/01/stimulus-how-to-create-jobs-without.html

I read that one today after Adam posted....oy.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:25 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I remember as a child topping onions and digging potatos on a farm in the Homer, Michigan area. Looking back I can say that all the field hands were white male and female. I guess welfare was too hard to get in those days and the people knew they needed to work to eat.

Our politicans of both parties have failed us and should you feel things are now on the mend because Obama is in office you should think twice.

Will take another act like 9/11 for our elected officials to wake up and lock down the borders?

I understand Rodney King will be on Obama's cabinet, "can't we all just get along?"

Bleeding hearts make me sick!
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:20 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

what exactly does this have to do with president obama and rodney king? i have worked construction over 30 years and still love it. trust me, there are many, many unemployed qualified construction workers chomping at the bit
for employment so unless your a lazy bum which by another term is known as "work ethic", you will be employed. for those of you who continue to assume some "minority" doing a job took it from a "white" person, please rest assured. the white male still and always will outnumber all other humans in american construction. there are small numbers of blacks and latinos in all trades so you can relax. the economy has much to do with who works. contractors (who make money) could care less about race. they want workers who produce a quality product in a timely manner. this race crap is going the way of the dinosaur as is those who continue to be consumed by another humans skin color. if you know someone who works construction, has a trade and is or wishes to be union, tell them to get up off their ass and leave flint for work until situations change, or keep their asses in flint whining about "those minorities" and miss the friggin boat. Cool Cool Cool Cool
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:44 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Rangel and Reich introduced race into this discussion. It is the Kumbia mentality that is bringing this country down. Too many bleeding hearts will be the ruination of our once great nation.

Wondering if Jesse Jackson still wants to "cut the nuts" off Obama? Anyone know?
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

please... use your head. neither rangel or reich can or will force anyone in construction to do anything. they do what talking heads do, talk. nothing more nothing less. before anyone gets all hot and bothered by idiocy, simply call some owners of construction companies. call union halls. this is crazy..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:04 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

What i find crazy is that they introduced race into this. I subscribe to the theory that one should hire the most qualified, and for me that would include citizenship.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:21 pm 
ManinthePinStripeSuit
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
what exactly does this have to do with president obama and rodney king? i have worked construction over 30 years and still love it. trust me, there are many, many unemployed qualified construction workers chomping at the bit
for employment so unless your a lazy bum which by another term is known as "work ethic", you will be employed. for those of you who continue to assume some "minority" doing a job took it from a "white" person, please rest assured. the white male still and always will outnumber all other humans in american construction. there are small numbers of blacks and latinos in all trades so you can relax. the economy has much to do with who works. contractors (who make money) could care less about race. they want workers who produce a quality product in a timely manner. this race crap is going the way of the dinosaur as is those who continue to be consumed by another humans skin color. if you know someone who works construction, has a trade and is or wishes to be union, tell them to get up off their ass and leave flint for work until situations change, or keep their asses in flint whining about "those minorities" and miss the friggin boat. Cool Cool Cool Cool

You Go Back Again. Your comment makes sense to me, and I
call it shit or get off the pot. Why should the Majority dislike the
minority cause of their working skills? This country was built by
construction workers all skin colors, and like Back Again said
this is the damn problem now Skin Color. or the Majority is scared
shitless that the minority will make more money.

I voted for President Obama in November, due to the fact that
I am sick n tired of this old Jim Crow bullshit, and I believe
that our President-elect will bring about a change. On the job
today I overheard a Afro-American and a Middle Easterner talking,
and the Middle Easterner was saying why White America voted
for Obama.

After (personally) thinking about the conversation the Middle
Easterner might be right when he said Whites voted for Obama
to put the economic struggle blame on a Black man, due to the
fact that they bdon't believe that Obama is qualified to handle
the crisis in the White House, and Oh believe me white America
is in for a BIG awakening.

Regardless If Obama did hire Rodney King the Obama cabinet
will clear the shit from the White House that past Presidents had
made (including) Bush.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well, thanks pin stripe suit but i have to differ with you as to why white people voted for barack. i sincerely believe americans have been so negatively affected by the policies and politics of the past 8 years they
dearly desired, as did most of the rest of america, a common sense attitude of leadership in america FOR americans. i personally consider what happened as virtually spiritual in that america forgot or disregarded the idiocy of racism and divisiveness and entered a new era of ascendance in which one can actually be considered for the content of character over everything else. i am impressed!! those still stuck in the era of "manifest destiny" will probably remain under their rocks, perhaps not, but the world will continue to evolve toward righteousness. alas, a fresh beginning.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 pm 
Gop4life
F L I N T O I D

willie x ....hmmm let me guess your mediocrity is my fault. remember blame yourself first. the black people in my neighborhood dont care if im white even if you do. white man this white man that...knock it off, grow a backbone and man up. if you fail it is cuz you suck not others. if life is hard on you be thankful you have running water. work hard an you too can be president. hahahaha no longer can blacks shame whites into giving money to jesse jackson. it is now on you. if you fail it is cuz of your failures not others. personal responsability is here. your day of reckoning has come. remember what you wished for cuz you got it. Obama gon' git me a job.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 pm 
Gop4life
F L I N T O I D

and willie x i forgot to tell you hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:04 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: