FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Police Chief David Dicks gets charged
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Interim Flint Police Chief David Dicks appearing in court to face charges on theft of government funds

"FLINT, Michigan -- Flint's interim police Chief David Dicks is appearing this afternoon in federal court, where he will be charged with theft of government funds."
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

my post is better than yours. Smile neener neener. Smile
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

My title is better. Wink

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:36 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Is anyone surprised by this? Here is a man that should set an example for his officers and citizens to follow. Lets not forget about the multiple DUI charges he has, heck he even got pulled over on duty drunk. He also lost his gun and ID while drunk. I don't believe the gun was ever recovered.

I find it amusing that the Mayor didn't fire him. This summer an officer was charged with assault. She was fired right away. While in court she was found not guilty. The judge even stated that the administration was twisting the facts. After all of this was done, she still had to fight to get her job back.

Yet the Mayor didn't fire the Chief after he was arrested for a felony. Do you remember the other appointment he made this summer. Inspector Thetford, he was hand picked by the Mayor, he was arrested for rape, while on duty. Then there is Mike Vance, who was fired by the Police Dept. for using cocaine. The State of Michigan won't even certify him as an officer. The Mayor brought him back with full back pay and placed him on the Police Dept. payroll. I am starting to see a pattern develop.

These are the people who are supposed to represent this city. How does this make us look nation wide. Flint deserves better. This is just another reason I hope this man gets recalled.

I think this will just be the tip of the iceberg. Dix SR. had to authorize the payroll. He was the chief of the Fire Dept. at the time all this went down. I know my dad know's my work schedule and he doesn't even work in the same city. They worked next door to each other. We will find out, there is no honor among thieves. I imagine JR will sing like a bird.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:42 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Sorry Andi03, the title got me Laughing

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:43 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if the supervisor that allegedly signed the time sheets will be charged as well. If the facts are true, it seems like more indictments would be forthcoming.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Dave,

Your starting to scare me. I agree with you lately more then I disagree with you. Whats happening, we need to talk about the recall or something to get a debate going again. Shocked

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:59 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Seek4truth. I think I'm going to read your statement in the opening of my next TV show. It won't be this weekend. BUt, I've got some things brewing before the recll. Also. You wouldn't happen to know how many Police Cars are deadlined or still awaiting repairs?

This is the last piece of information I need for one of my shows.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um, I went on Sunday afternoon and there were about 4-5 snow covered cars and the Chargers had nary a flake on 'em.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

good lord whats happening to my town????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

ah, the lord works in mysterious ways indeed!! Cool
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Ted,

I don't know the exact number but I will find out and let you know. I hope my grammer was accurate in my post, putting the preasure on me Shocked. I'll let you know about the cruisers as soon as I find out.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:10 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Thanks, I took pictures of all the cars. I'm going to blow the pictures up and put them on the show. Pointing out how many had not been driven.

Oh and it's tuff to get snow on a charger when it's sitting in a garage being repaired. LOL Seriously. There are alot more cars in the lots not being driven then there seem to be being driven. Not just the Marked cars!
Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rusty
F L I N T O I D

I guess this means the Chief won't be on the morning show this Tuesday...
Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rusty schreef:
I guess this means the Chief won't be on the morning show this Tuesday...

I think that his own gag order and the mayor's gag order are tightly in place in this debacle.Smile
Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:47 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Ted,

Don't forget to photograph the cars in the East Parking Lot. Its the one with the brick wall.

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: