FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Kerry Nelson Flint City Council
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

To seek4truth: If you expect Kerry Nelson to resign now, just when and how do you expect the remainder of his term to 11/09 to be filled? He has lived in the 3rd Ward for years, so I would expect him to know full well the type of problems you describe. City of Flint's website lists contact information:

Kerry Nelson - 3rd Ward
Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48505
810-766-7155
knelson@cityofflint.com

City council's main number is 810-766-7418.
---------------
To Ted: Where's proof he bought a house outside the city--there's no online record of it (yet). The September 2008 "listing" date I mentioned was for the Grand Blanc phone number, not a property sale. He still owns the residence in Flint and pays the property taxes. And while he doesn't claim 100% homestead exemption for the property in Flint how does anyone know how much time he actually lives there? Income tax statements allow one to pro-rate income tax for parts of year one doesn't reside in Flint. He could live in Flint during the week and somewhere else on the weekends which would make good sense during a period of transition--especially since leaving property vacant in Flint would make it uninsurable and a hazardous liability, let alone the fact property is just not selling anywhere. Anyone know if the property is vacant? I know personally what it is to have to maintain two properties while you wait for one to sell, and it's not easy. This fellow deserves support for his efforts instead of the persecution being delivered here.
-----------------
People are being too quick to judge without having facts to back it up. The best and most direct way to satisfy your concerns would be to contact Mr. Nelson and ask reasonable questions. Who among you has attended all city council meetings since September 2008 and knows for fact that Mr. Nelson didn't make this move known to his constituents or other council members.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:16 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

OOSL2,

I expect Nelson to have some honor and live in the Ward he represents. There is proof that he lives outside of the city. He does not live on Mclandish though. OOSL2 make sure to watch the news for the next couple of days Laughing That should be enough proof, but you can judge for yourself.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:13 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Sec. 2-410 VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF COUNCILPERSON.
Whenever a vacancy occurs on the City Council, the remainder of the unexpired term shall be filled as follows:

A. If twelve (12) months or less remain in any unexpired term, the City Council shall within thirty (30) days appoint a person having the same qualifications for such office to fill the remainder of the term....

(Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-74)
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Go to whitepages.com & put in his name & Grand Blanc as the city.
It'll give you the address & phone number.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Who among you has attended all city council meetings since September 2008 and knows for fact that Mr. Nelson didn't make this move known to his constituents or other council members.

I have a better attendance record than the person in question (as a matter of fact, I have a better attendance record than 2/3 of the Council but that is neither here nor there). To my knowledge, the issue has never been brought up.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:

To Ted: Where's proof he bought a house outside the city--there's no online record of it (yet).

I agree thus why I haven't yet condemnd him for it.

The September 2008 "listing" date I mentioned was for the Grand Blanc phone number, not a property sale. He still owns the residence in Flint and pays the property taxes. And while he doesn't claim 100% homestead exemption for the property in Flint how does anyone know how much time he actually lives there?

I don't thus No direct assualt!

Income tax statements allow one to pro-rate income tax for parts of year one doesn't reside in Flint. He could live in Flint during the week and somewhere else on the weekends which would make good sense during a period of transition--especially since leaving property vacant in Flint would make it uninsurable and a hazardous liability, let alone the fact property is just not selling anywhere. Anyone know if the property is vacant? I know personally what it is to have to maintain two properties while you wait for one to sell, and it's not easy.

This is so very true! If I purchased a house outside the City. I would spend most of my time in my house in the City making sure the plumbing remained in tact.

This fellow deserves support for his efforts instead of the persecution being delivered here.

This one confuses me. What efforts are you talking about?

Who among you has attended all city council meetings since September 2008 and knows for fact that Mr. Nelson didn't make this move known to his constituents or other council members.

I only missed one meeting! and that was the bug spray incident.

Can anyone tell me if Kerry Nelson anoounced that he was moving out of Flint at the Meeting where Jackie was spraying Bug Spray??
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Kerry Nelson didn't buy a house outside of the city. He is living in an apartment. I am waiting to see if the news is going to do a story on this in the next couple of days. If the news fails the City of Flint again I will go ahead and post his address here next week. I want the news to cover this since not everyone in Flint has access to this website. I hope you guys understand.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:42 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whoaaaa....gettin funky in here!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I talked to Channel 5 today. They are working on this story and are going to try to put over the air on Friday night. They were going to do it tonight but the plane crashed in NY. Should be interesting, I doubt anything will come of it. It seems none of the elected officials care about the image of Flint anymore. Mad

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Does Kerry Nelson serve his constituents?

Has he ever responded to a constituent?

I do know a community group that was trying to make positive improvements in that ward. Repeatedly asked for his attendance at meetings even sent him registered letters that were received but No response. Other council persons responded but as the major part was his ward...it stalled all improvements.

If this council person has ever responded to a constituent concern please post it????

Peace,
RAP

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:23 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Some 3rd ward residents I've talked to say they've never gotten any response to phone calls about problems.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Its hard to help your ward out when you don't live in the City. Drive by his house on Addison. If you do pay attention to the meter on the house, its still. When your done there look at his windows, frosted from the inside. I guess he is happy not having power or heat. At least he pays someone to shovel his driveway, that shows he cares.

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Didn't Don Williamson support this man when he ran for election. It seems everyone he supports is shady, why is that? Shocked

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Whats his address and phone #?

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

www.whitepages.com

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:36 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: