FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: What happened to Mega Coney Island on ML King?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

So today I drove past Mega and all of the windows are boarded up and the sign is missing but they were there yesterday.

What gives?
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:04 pm 
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

they closed up and are no longer in business thats why i think the next person that trys a business in that location should think twice cause nothing has been successful there and thats a damn shame they closed because after the lunch crowd left the business dropped off to next to nothing
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just wondering where was it exactly.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 pm 
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

on MLK between 1st and 2nd Ave.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:18 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

That sucks!

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/10/suspicious_fire_at_mega_coney.html

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Where they really that good?

I'm hear McDonalds did just under a million a year in sales so that's why it got shut down. If they hadn't been one of the slowest McDonalds around they probably would have stayed in business.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 am 
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

I always thought Mega was cheaper and tastier than Tom's Z or whatever its called now.

My gf and I went in Mega on New Years Eve and they were hiring 2-3 more people so I had no clue they would close even after that fire in October.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:21 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

it seems like being that close to a new development like the Durant and just down the street from the Berridge would make it a potentially great location to be. That's too bad.
Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:44 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Mega was more expensive that Tommy Z's by far, Tommy always has the .99cent special and Mega never has. I know other prices were more too.
But they had good food and the building was new and fresh/clean.

quote:
omgasmurf schreef:
I always thought Mega was cheaper and tastier than Tom's Z or whatever its called now.

My gf and I went in Mega on New Years Eve and they were hiring 2-3 more people so I had no clue they would close even after that fire in October.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:00 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am not sure what they are doing but they paid Top Dollar for that property back in 2004 paying over $250,000 for it. They left most of the stuff intact when they were boarding it up, so I am not sure the status on it.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:03 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Today they toke the neon "Mega" sign down.

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:22 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Today they toke the neon "Mega" sign down.

Maybe thats why they went bellyup too much "tokein". Wink Laughing [/quote]

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The building is now boarded up!

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: