FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Talk Radio Sucks since we lost Dave Barber
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Has anyone listened to any Flint Talk Radio?( not the ww.flinttalkradio, but like the car radio ) We use to have Dave Barber who got all the dish on things and talked about it. He would fight for the people and for whats right.

We use to have WNEM TV 5 news anchor Jim Kirtzner who investigated things and got down and dirty. Like when Woodrow Stanley punched him, and when he followed the wrong doing of Flint Politicians.

We use to have the un baised Flint newspaper " The Uncommon Sense" which investigated and reported on things that the Flint Journal wouldn't. It was awesome to read about Delphi medical records just sitting out for all to see and check out. Also the election coverage which gave each candidate equal space, and we heard un filtered what they thought,believed and wanted to do.

Is it just me or does it seems like the connected people don't want that kinda of stuff here? Coincidence? Maybe, but why do we lose our good sources of media that exposes the things that other outlets don't?

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The other thing is most Broadcasting Markets that are decent in size have investigative reporters. Why don't we have any here in Genesee County?

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
We use to have Dave Barber who got all the dish on things and talked about it. He would fight for the people and for whats right.

Some of us have a bit of a remembrance of old Dave like when he and disgraced ex sheriff Joe Wilson did all they could to prevent "Right To carry from becoming Mi Law. Ironically it was just shortly after that when Mr Antigun Dave was arrested for pulling his "Lawfully carried" (thanks to his pal Sheriff joe) handgun on an 18 year old lovely who refused his drunken advances. Dave Barber was a hypocritical jerk of the first order. I read a while back he got fired from another broadcast job in a different state. You can read all about it here.
http://chuck69.com/DaveBarber.html

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:39 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

lol thats awesome twotap, people love that guy so much they follow his work, make a website for him and everything....

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
We use to have Dave Barber who got all the dish on things and talked about it. He would fight for the people and for whats right.

Some of us have a bit of a remembrance of old Dave like when he and disgraced ex sheriff Joe Wilson did all they could to prevent "Right To carry from becoming Mi Law. Ironically it was just shortly after that when Mr Antigun Dave was arrested for pulling his "Lawfully carried" (thanks to his pal Sheriff joe) handgun on an 18 year old lovely who refused his drunken advances. Dave Barber was a hypocritical jerk of the first order. I read a while back he got fired from another broadcast job in a different state. You can read all about it here.
http://chuck69.com/DaveBarber.html

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:49 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

The other thing is most Broadcasting Markets that are decent in size have investigative reporters. Why don't we have any here in Genesee County?

Two words:

BUDGET CUTS
Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

what ever happened to jim kirtzner (sp) he was great!! Shocked
Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:28 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jim Kiertzner
Local 4 News Reporter
Jim Kiertzner, a Michigan television veteran and Emmy-winning investigative reporter and news anchor, joined the Local 4 News team in October 2006.

His journalistic work has cleared a young man of murder, changed state law and led to a voters' decision to recall the mayor of Flint.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/newsteam/11146617/detail.html

Also, Lou Lobsinger and Rusty are doing a good job.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the update Steve, people around here would rather corruption run out of control than to have someone out watching for it. [/b]

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Jim Kiertzner
Local 4 News Reporter
Jim Kiertzner, a Michigan television veteran and Emmy-winning investigative reporter and news anchor, joined the Local 4 News team in October 2006.

His journalistic work has cleared a young man of murder, changed state law and led to a voters' decision to recall the mayor of Flint.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/newsteam/11146617/detail.html

Also, Lou Lobsinger and Rusty are doing a good job.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

See Rusty I just don't think thats the reason, even when the economy was good they always got rid of those kind of people. I believe that investigative reporters attract more people to watch or listen than just people who talk.

quote:
rusty schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Two words:

BUDGET CUTS

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Watch Rusty be an investigative reporter this Thursday and Friday nights. He'll be doing the news for "Comedy On Tap" and is hilarious! That's "Comedy On Tap" every Thursday and Friday night at 8pm on channels 17 and 916. Get ready to laugh!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Can't watch; don't have comcrap.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Has anyone listened to any Flint Talk Radio?( not the ww.flinttalkradio, but like the car radio ) We use to have Dave Barber who got all the dish on things and talked about it. He would fight for the people and for whats right.

We use to have WNEM TV 5 news anchor Jim Kirtzner who investigated things and got down and dirty. Like when Woodrow Stanley punched him, and when he followed the wrong doing of Flint Politicians.

We use to have the un baised Flint newspaper " The Uncommon Sense" which investigated and reported on things that the Flint Journal wouldn't. It was awesome to read about Delphi medical records just sitting out for all to see and check out. Also the election coverage which gave each candidate equal space, and we heard un filtered what they thought,believed and wanted to do.

Is it just me or does it seems like the connected people don't want that kinda of stuff here? Coincidence? Maybe, but why do we lose our good sources of media that exposes the things that other outlets don't?

Hey Ryan have you seen any of those Patsy Lou ads on ABC 12 or the Flint Journal?
Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:38 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is the Greatest Flint Comedy Corporation thingy?

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Watch Rusty be an investigative reporter this Thursday and Friday nights. He'll be doing the news for "Comedy On Tap" and is hilarious! That's "Comedy On Tap" every Thursday and Friday night at 8pm on channels 17 and 916. Get ready to laugh!

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:46 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Umm I just seen a Patsy Lou Ad in last weeks Flint Jounal, Why?

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Hey Ryan have you seen any of those Patsy Lou ads on ABC 12 or the Flint Journal?

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:14 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Umm I just seen a Patsy Lou Ad in last weeks Flint Jounal, Why?

I assume they would want to keep one of there few remaining big advertisers happy.
Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:09 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: