FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: (Still) Challenging Obama's Birth Certificate
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

(Still) Challenging Obama's Birth Certificate
By Caleb Howe
Dec 15th 2008 3:58PM
Filed Under:eBarack Obama

During the campaign season, we witnessed a few fairly ridiculous controversies surface. There was the charge that Senator McCain was ineligible for office, having been born in Panama, which was widely covered by traditional media and blogs. There was the charge that Barack Obama was a murderer, or whatever mad conspiracy Larry Sinclair and his kilt-clad lawyer were on about. That received less media coverage, and what it did receive was largely ridicule. Then there was the charge that McCain was having an affair with a lobbyist, that Barack Obama attended a madrassa, that Sarah Palin claimed to be able to see Russia from her house, and that Barack Obama was actually born in Kenya. Now that the campaign season is over, we can stop hearing all this nonsense.

Or can we?

Some, it seems, haven't quite made up their minds. As Forbes reports, lawsuits still abound regarding the legitimacy of Barack Obama's election. The suits specifically call for the President-elect to produce his birth certificate from the State of Hawaii. The certifcate was released electronically but met with some skepticism, and since that time, the State of Hawaii has issued an official press release stating in no uncertain terms that they have the certificate on file. Although a number of such suits persist, the chief face behind the allegations is clearly Phillip Berg, an attorney and Democrat from Philadelphia. Berg is not only filing in court, he has run advertising in major newspapers and put out youtube videos and a website, all regarding the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate and alleging that he was born in Kenya. As noted at Forbes, Berg is unmoved by debunking of the issue by sites like FactCheck.org and noted myth-busting website Snopes.com.

Berg's argument for pressing this issue is that the United States would face a constitutional crisis if the matter is unresolved by the time Obama is inaugurated. The only thing which will constitute a resolution for Berg is seeing the original birth certificate himself, something which is not permissible under Hawaiian law unless Obama himself requests the original. It does seem rather flawed logic on the part of Mr. Berg. If he is not able to produce any evidence that the President-elect wasn't born in the United States, and if it is legally agreed by all others that, indeed, Obama was born in Hawaii, it is hard to imagine from where that crisis would come.

You may at first glance wonder why the issue is filed under absurd. After all, there's no inherent absurdity in someone being born in Kenya, particularly if that someone is born to a Kenyan father. Certainly major papers like the New York Times didn't consider it absud to question whether Senator McCain was born in the United States. In fact, the closing quote of their article about McCain's eligibility was lawyer Jill Pryor stating that "it is certainly not a frivolous issue." So why does the Obama question end up thus filed?

Well, for starters, as Snopes points out, there is something silly about the idea that a major party, with so much to lose, would stake their entire reputation on a forgery so lame that internet snoops could pick it apart in a day visiting a public website. The McCain question was a matter of law regarding a matter of record, silly though the matter was. The Obama question isn't a matter of law, unless the campaign lied and produced a forgery to cover something up. In other words, the McCain story was actually about eligibility, while the Obama story is about the Democrats and the Obama campaign willfully committing a series of crimes and coverups in an attempt to defraud the entire nation. It's hardly the same thing. Put in terms of the impact, you can have one of two reactions. You can go into panic/attack mode like Berg, thinking that it's such a huge deal someone must do something fast. Or you can think that, well, how dumb would the Democrats have to be to pin their great Presidential hopes on someone who wasn't born here and cover it up with an electronic forgery? It simply doesn't seem like a rational theory, in other words. Furthermore, contrary to Berg's assertions, the so-called smoking gun questions about the electronic version of the certificate are easily explained. Lastly, Hawaii says they have the certificate, which should be case closed.

Of course, it won't be case closed. The challenges persist, and this is not even the only record of Obama's which is being challenged. Some blogs and websites, though as far as I can tell no major media outlets, are also suggesting that Obama's selective service registration was forged.

I would say that this is the last time you'll hear about the issue of the birth certificate, but I suspect it will make news again before the inauguration. There are cases pending, and people out there who intend to make noise. Besides that, it's clear some parts of this campaign will never die. We keep hearing about new "Palin is dumb" rumors every day.

One other note. Phillip Berg is reportedly a Clinton man, and he's out there questioning Obama's eligibity. It's interesting that today we also discover questions about Hillary Clinton's eligibility for Secretary of State. The universe is an amusing place sometimes.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

maybe they shoud try bowling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I understand the word Bowling has been forbidden to be mentioned any where in Barackos presence . Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Link

Post Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:01 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oooooops!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:33 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Found it I guess you Obamanuts were right. Laughing

oh ya one more thing what was the name of Hawaii hospital where this wondrous event took place??? Anyone anyone?? Laughing

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:49 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Hawaiian Gardens?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

There is a guy on another forum who has a standing offer of $1000 to anyone who can show proof of the hospital in Hawaii where Barry was born. Very Happy So far no takers. Now that seems kinda odd but not to the Barackowhackos of course. Laughing

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Who was the doctor?

Link

Link
Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:16 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

LMAO thats great!!

quote:
twotap schreef:
Found it I guess you Obamanuts were right. Laughing

oh ya one more thing what was the name of Hawaii hospital where this wondrous event took place??? Anyone anyone?? Laughing

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Whos Barry?

quote:
twotap schreef:
There is a guy on another forum who has a standing offer of $1000 to anyone who can show proof of the hospital in Hawaii where Barry was born. Very Happy So far no takers. Now that seems kinda odd but not to the Barackowhackos of course. Laughing

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

This would be Barry. Laughing

http://slickbarry.com/

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:42 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

lol

Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:43 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

edited:

Hawaii again declares Obama birth certificate real but can't release the original document

HONOLULU – State officials in Hawaii on Monday said they have once again checked and confirmed that President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen, and therefore meets a key constitutional requirement for being president.

They hoped to stem a recent surge in the number of inquiries about Obama's birthplace.

"I ... have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen," Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said in a brief statement. "I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago."

So-called "birthers" — who claim Obama is ineligible to be president because, they argue, he was actually born outside the United States — have grown more vocal recently on blogs and television news shows.

Fukino issued a similar press release Oct. 31, but was prompted to speak out again because of the renewed attention on Obama's beginnings. Hawaii's Health Department has been flooded in recent weeks with questions from individuals and several national TV news networks asking for proof that Obama was indeed born in Hawaii.

"They just keep asking over and over and over again," Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo said.

The Constitution states that a person must be a "natural-born citizen" to be eligible for the presidency. Birthers contend that Obama's birth certificate is a fake, and many say he was actually born in Kenya, his father's homeland. They've challenged his citizenship in court.

One widely circulated YouTube clip of a town hall meeting showed a Republican congressman getting booed for saying Obama is a citizen. Talk show host Rush Limbaugh and CNN's Lou Dobbs have also raised the issue, and 10 Republican members of Congress co-sponsored a bill that would require future presidential candidates to provide a copy of their original birth certificate.

However, it appears Congress has moved on and has accepted Obama's island birthplace. The U.S. House on Monday unanimously approved a resolution recognizing and celebrating the 50th anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th state. A clause was included that reads: "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961."

State law bars the release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

However, Obama's birth certificate along with birth notices from the two Honolulu newspapers were brought forward even before he took office. But that's done nothing to shake the belief by many Obama critics that the president was born abroad.

Who was the doctor that delivered Obama? What hospital was he born at?
Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

those people need hobbys Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:34 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

or Obama's original (Kenyan?) birth certificate.
Post Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: