FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: CITY OF FLINT, MICHIGAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Flint, Michigan needs 21st century thinking. Not more of the same old useless b's' and outdated idea's that have been proposed by the same old tired politicians and wanna be carpetbagger nobodies that want to make a name for themselves. These people spew lies and dissention where ever they go. They talk about what they will do if elected. The question we must all ask ourselves what have they done previously and what are they doing now for the benefit of the people and the city. The anwers would be a resounding big fat nothing. The only thing that they have offered is negative speeches and announced a couple of meaningless press releases that have benefitted nobody but themselves. These same wanna bee's have never done anything of importance for the citizens of Flint. They talk about recycled idea's of the past that didn't work then and they won't work now. Flint voters must start thinking outside of the box in the upcoming elections if this city is ever to re-emerge out of the quagmire it has been in for the last 12 or more years. Look around the room the next time at fund raisers/or election times, see who's in the room of that particular candidate. I'll bet you will notice the same old tired recalled, disgraced, and or fired people in there entourage smiling and shaking hands as if they are really somebody. But the reality of it is they are losers. Flint, Michigan does not need anymore losers or worthless speech givers at it's helm. It needs proven leadership.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Flint, Michigan needs 21st century thinking. Not more of the same old useless b's' and outdated idea's that have been proposed by the same old tired politicians and wanna be carpetbagger nobodies that want to make a name for themselves. These people spew lies and dissention where ever they go. They talk about what they will do if elected. The question we must all ask ourselves what have they done previously and what are they doing now for the benefit of the people and the city. The anwers would be a resounding big fat nothing. The only thing that they have offered is negative speeches and announced a couple of meaningless press releases that have benefitted nobody but themselves. These same wanna bee's have never done anything of importance for the citizens of Flint. They talk about recycled idea's of the past that didn't work then and they won't work now. Flint voters must start thinking outside of the box in the upcoming elections if this city is ever to re-emerge out of the quagmire it has been in for the last 12 or more years. Look around the room the next time at fund raisers/or election times, see who's in the room of that particular candidate. I'll bet you will notice the same old tired recalled, disgraced, and or fired people in there entourage smiling and shaking hands as if they are really somebody. But the reality of it is they are losers. Flint, Michigan does not need anymore losers or worthless speech givers at it's helm. It needs proven leadership.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Every election, the same old politicians come to our block club meetings, promising us the world. After the election, they're never seen again. We don't need politicians, we need leaders.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your reply. Touch'e Mr. Starr. What I don't understand is why do people continue to vote these scoundrels into office. Especially knowing that they are liars. At previous election times I've told several wanna bee"s to get there asses off of my property and go peddle their deceit elsewhere. Perhaps that should be the new approach for those of us that want professional/personal integrity in our leadership.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

These "politicians" keep getting voted in because the citizens of Flint lack the intestinal fortitude to stand up and be counted. Many of Flint's residents are "for sale". The have a what's in it for me attitude, and without some sort of personal gain, will not do the 'right' thing. Instead of worrying about the offer of a job or a few extra bucks, they should be looking at who is most capable of leading our community to the next level. Anyone who thinks Flint is going to completely turn around under one particular administration is confused. It is going to take years to turn Flint back around. However, if the cycle doesn't break, it may never happen. The list of candidates is full of the same old crap.

Mr. Starr, the reason you don't see leaders on the list of candidates is because they are smart enough to see that a large portion of the Flint community doesn't want a leader. Our community is filled with sheep waiting to be preyed upon by the wolf. Until this attitude changes we are destined to wallow in misery.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:35 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:

Mr. Starr, the reason you don't see leaders on the list of candidates is because they are smart enough to see that a large portion of the Flint community doesn't want a leader. Our community is filled with sheep waiting to be preyed upon by the wolf. Until this attitude changes we are destined to wallow in misery.

What we need is a Sheep Dog to protect the sheep from the wolves.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

You apparently know the article to which I made inference. Col. Grossman is a wise man. A sheep dog is exactly what we need and none have stepped forward. The current list is filled with the same old fodder. Flint needs a change in its diet so were are not continuously being fed the same old garbage.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes it's easier to whine about leadership than to follow a real "leader". So keep whining and I'll try and stay on the sidelines.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Adam, if you are implying that you are a true leader, then step forward and expose your credentials and capabilities. If you possess the character to which I have referred, you will receive my support and any additional support I can provide.(I have a long list of substantial connections on the local, state and national level) I do not whine, I take action to implement change. I have been actively involved in local politics and have participated in numerous activities and coalitions in an effort to make our community better. Quit posturing and step forward and be counted.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:45 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Mr. Ford what are you suggesting? Are you thinking of entering the mayoral race? We certainly don't want to entertain any more of your whinning. Nor do we want you to stay on the sidelines, afterall we live in a democracy.
Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:49 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

The mayoral race taxes 900 signatures in less than three weeks. I'm not delusional. Do you go to the council meetings bossman? Right now I'm leaning towards Darryl.

On a very positive note it appears we do finally have some solid leadership in Flint that is finally in place in the key position. Tonight was a GREAT council meeting. Mike Brown is doing a fantastic job!!!

I don't mind following leaders. I generally prefer to let others lead. Ideally I don't think there should be any need for me to be on school board. The school board also apparently had a good meeting this evening.

It appears tonight was a very good night for Flint.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:41 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Adam, if yes I do go to council meetings, and yes I was there tonight. Tonight was a fantastic display of competent leadership by Mr. Brown.

If you are leaning toward Darryl, then apparently you haven't been paying attention. Darryl is a flunky, and was a henchman for "The Don". He was unsuccessful as an ombudsman, he was unsuccessful as a councilman, and he was unsuccessful as a city administrator/deputy mayor/director of governmental operations. This guy has no leadership ability. I thought that's what we agreed was needed. If we must make a decision based on the short list we currently have, then we must do better than Darryl.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Adam schreef:
The mayoral race taxes 900 signatures in less than three weeks.

I was able to get 200 + signatures in just over two weeks walking door to door is Genesee Township! If you really want it ,you can easy get 900 in three weeks standing on the corner downtown. Hell, for 500 dollars you can pay a couple of people to collect the signatures for you.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
Mr. Ford what are you suggesting? Are you thinking of entering the mayoral race? We certainly don't want to entertain any more of your whinning. Nor do we want you to stay on the sidelines, afterall we live in a democracy.

Sources tell me you're not even from this area, Mr. Robinson. Seems to me the only "whinners" (you even spelled that wrong) should be from this area, not complainers from Detroit.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:38 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

***Hell, for 500 dollars you can pay a couple of people to collect the signatures for you.****

This is one thing that bugs me. It may be legal to do this but it seems like it's the easy way rather than pounding the pavement. It sends the message that you (general term "you") don't really care? Dunno. That's 500 bucks that you (general term "you") could spend somewhere else in a campaign.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:36 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: