FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Uptown's Scam... (Rowe Building)

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

What many people have looked over is the fact that Uptown chose to save the wall that everyone in town said needed to go... Why? Well, the wall that fell was the wall that gave them the ability to obtain their Brownfield Tax Credit.

That would beg the question, did they give back the money they got for the Brownfield Tax Credit since the wall was required to obtain the credit in the first place?

Now they get paid twice.... Once for the credit that has crumbled to the ground and then the "Insurance Settlement."

How long will we sit back and allow these guys to act like they love the community but are really just lining their silk pockets?

They privatize the profits and socialize their loses, reminds me of AIG and Lehman Brothers... What do you think????

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:16 pm 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

Those are awful lofty charges there Whatsup with no proof supplied. I would hope you have information to back up your claims.

God forbid investors make money on their investments.
Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:34 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I'm pretty sure they didn't plan for the wall to fall.

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: