FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tim Herman, Uptown Reinvestments and the Truth....

Should Tim Herman Resign?
Yes, Collusion for sure....
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Yes, he just takes credit for others success...
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
No, Tim Herman is doing a good job...
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

Should Tim Herman be permitted to profit from both the GRCC and Uptown?

Collusion and Conflict of Interest:

Collusion is an agreement, usually secretive, which occurs between two or more persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically involving fraud or gaining an unfair advantage. It can involve "wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship between the colluding parties."

More generally, conflict of interests can be defined as any situation in which an individual or corporation (either private or governmental) is in a position to exploit a professional or official capacity in some way for their personal or corporate benefit.

Depending upon the law or rules related to a particular organization, the existence of a conflict of interest may not, in and of itself, be evidence of wrongdoing. In fact, for many professionals, it is virtually impossible to avoid having conflicts of interest from time to time. A conflict of interests can, however, become a legal matter for example when an individual tries (and/or succeeds in) influencing the outcome of a decision, for personal benefit. A director or executive of a corporation will be subject to legal liability if a conflict of interests breaches his Duty of Loyalty.

There often is confusion over these two situations. Someone accused of a conflict of interest may deny that a conflict exists because he/she did not act improperly. In fact, a conflict of interests can exist even if there are no improper acts as a result of it. (One way to understand this is to use the term "conflict of roles". A person with two roles—an individual who owns stock and is also a government official, for example—may experience situations where those two roles conflict. The conflict can be mitigated—see below—but it still exists. In and of itself, having two roles is not illegal, but the differing roles will certainly provide an incentive for improper acts in some circumstances.)
Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:44 pm 
WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

Uptown, the GRCC and their buddys are removing the chance for any private ownership of downtown property.

They would love for business to come downtown, as long as they get the credit and the business becomes their tenant.

LANDLORDS! LANDLORDS! LANDLORDS!
Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:59 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Whats Up, This is Michigan not Texas! Maybe Uptown and Timmy can start a film company and really cash in. A good percentage of Michigan businesses move to other states so they don't have to pay for stuff like this.

On a more somber note just think about what all these millions could have done for the rest of Flint.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:55 am 
WhatsUpDowntown
F L I N T O I D

Very true Adam.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:49 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: