FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Investigate is a J O K E! Sam Muma is the reason why!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I did not personally See them doing it for myself! I can only go off what the Administration said (Joe Conroys statements) and the Pie lady's interveiw with the Flint Journal! Sam did tell me that city employees painted the park. (Thus they did nothing wrong in what they did) That is their job.

The only real evidence i have is the interviews with Joe Conroy and the Pie lady. So are they lying? That is what the Council should be attempting to find out. She Directed Parks employees... city workers painted... red, white and Blue... Blue and gold and Green and White. I didn't see it! So i cannot say it for myself. Either Way. The council needs to investigate and determine if it is true or not. Not because of humors by Sam Muma, but because the administration Said it and they even provided their own witness that they did it.

Citizens seen it being done. The allegation has been made. The Adinistration has said that parks employees painted it. Council needs to look into it and then act upon it.

Now, for me. This type of abuse of Power by the mayor is completely believable. Why? Just look at what he has done so far. From using the Police as his own intimidation force. Arresting journal carrier in City hall, Allowing Hatch street sweepers to fill up street cleaners at unmetered Fire hydrants, Suing Greater eastside and loosing again, Violating City Ordinances by having a junk yard/impound lot improperly zoned (total hypocracey towing vehicles that violate the same city ordinance that he says he's enforcing), Claims Council members stole money from the Citizens when he approved it and then hired one of those same councilpeople. Crime goes up 30 percent in two years and the mayor makes a speech where he takes responsibility for a MAJOR REDUCTION in crime. Saves money for the City by sending hundreds of Thousands more for the same equipment. Claims Lower maintenance costs when the manufacter and independant sources say it's not. Claims Safer when independant studies show it's not. Fining Citizens for getting thier cars stolen in Flint then not making police invetigate or attempt to find the criminal that stole it. All of this I do have documented. At www.cityofflint.net

C'mon. this fits his profile perfectly. Thus it needs to be investigated.

If it's not true then why would ever believe anything the Administration says. Then why would they try to spin it as they where cleaning up the park! Especially if they weren't doing anything wrong. LOL
Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
young demm

Then you have 100% proof and you statements, at this point, are allegations then. Once the council investigates, then we will see that this is nothing more than a political accusation and a part of a citywide park program. I know, you know she lobbied for the park to be specifically painted, dosn't mean she ordered it. Here is a similar scenario"

First step in park cleanup: Asking
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Thursday, July 27, 2006
By Robert Snell
rsnell@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6302
FLINT - A political ally of Patsy Lou Williamson isn't the only one who demanded - and got - improvements to a Flint park.

But in this case, there was no campaign picnic or cries of corruption.

Lifelong resident Janice Adams got tired of seeing knee-high weeds and overgrown grass clog Eldorado Vista Park on the city's west side. She complained about it in a story Saturday in The Flint Journal.

Advertisement

Two days later, a city crew arrived and workers trimmed and mowed the park and removed downed tree limbs.

Sometimes, it pays to complain, she said.

"What do you think?" Adams, 51, said, when asked whether her complaints triggered the work crew.

But Parks and Recreation Director Bob Cook said the work was part of regular park maintenance.

"But if people ask, we'll accommodate them," he said.

Take the church lady, for example. She called Cook recently and asked if the city could mow Durant Park by Friday for a vacation Bible school.

"I told the lady, 'Yes, we'll be there,'" Cook said.

Adams, meanwhile, who is on disability leave from a job operating cranes for General Motors, isn't stopping with the work done Monday at Eldorado Vista Park.

She is pushing to see other improvements made. The baseball diamond is overgrown and needs smoothing, the tennis court needs a net. A pool and swings would be nice, too.

"The whole nine yards," she said.

She said she is sending a proposal to Council Vice President Sheldon Neeley.

Her intent is to give children a safe place to play.

"I'm really concerned about the park. The kids in Flint, they need places to go," she said.

Someone asked, they responded, same thing. I still dont see how the mayor abused his power in any of this. In my opinion( he'll probably counter this statement with all his allegations are facts and mines are lies) if the impouund lot is illegal, why hasnt any county or state government pressed charges? Why did his administration and the union endorse the purchasing of the garbage trucks ? I could document allegations that george bush takes bribes, dosn't in any way mean it true.( Now, looking from his past statements, ignore most of my response and say I work for the mayor or am in his pocket lol)
Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:53 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Interesting, you've at least read some of the stuff I've posted.

No one goes after this stuff because of Politics! Plain and simple. The impound lot issue is a Local Ordinance. Clearly illegal. Only enforceable by the Council who seems to be in the mayor's back pocket! Don't believe me. GO to the City website and read the zoning section of the Ordinances. It is available online. It's pretty clear!

The Former council had to sue the mayor because he was violating the Charter and City Ordinances. The Current Council just sits back and let's it happen so they can keep their political sanctions by the Mayor.

I didn't become a Josh Freeman supporter for reelection to council until after THINKING FOR MYSELF that it didn't make sense for the Mayor to be name calling, esp, someone he had helped to put in office, besides the fact that the Mayor was claiming he stole Money from the City. Not just bad politics but a flat out Lie! I hadn't made up my mind about Sandy until I heard her during the Debate when asked what she felt the biggest problem was facing her ward. And her answer was " a lot of people in my ward that need their lawns mowed and Trees Cut" then when talking about her campaign and how she had people right there, that when she pointed at something that needed to be done while she was out campaigning. She had people that would run right over and get it done. Now she is doing the job. I don't agree with her voting record. But she does take care of many of the same issues that Peggy and Josh before her took care of.

So why doesn't the County and State step in. Why should the Council stick it's neck out! Last time a council Asked the State to step in. The State retaliated by cutting their pay to a dollar! So much for the whistle blower Law!

Currently, The Patsy Lou campaign isn't the Only campaign out there Clearly violating State and Local Campaign laws along with quite a few other laws. But, there are other politicians out there with $$ that are doing the same thing. The State of Michigan Knows it. But refuses to enforce those laws with those people also. So Why do we have Laws if as long as you have the Money. You don't have to follow them. If you or I were caught doing the same things. We'd get a ticket or end up in Jail. WHY? $$ Bottom Line.

Now back to the Parks. Again, who painted them? and What colors? and Why those colors? Now that they've been caught. They've got to work extra hard to make sure they can prove their side of the debate. So we will get the rest of the parks cleaned up quicker. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Tahoes are not safer than Impalas.
Tahoes do not cost less to maintain than impalas.
Tahoe do not cost less to drive than Impalas.
Tahoes Do take longer to stop.
Crime did go up 17 percent in 2004.
Crime did go up another 12 percent in 2005.
Flint did not have a "Major Reduction in crime in 2005"
If you don’t believe me. Do the research yourself.

That mayor has a history of Covering up the problems to make them look pretty, rather than putting in the work to actually fix the problem.
It is not a good idea to bring 40 unemployed, poverty stricken Katrina families to a city with Already high Poverty and Unemployment. (If Flint was a booming and thriving economy, That may have been a great idea)
It is an abuse of Power to have 12 police officers at a housing commission meeting in order to intimidate members in an attempt to remove the commission president. He almost got away with it. If it wouldn't have been for the people that FOIA'd the HUD reports about the latest illegal attempt to impose his will on those he cannot control. He might have gotten away with it.
If Flint is in such a dire need for more Police Officers how could Flint do without 12 officers out on patrol and fighting crime?
What kind of measure of manpower usage is that? Twelve officers for at least four hours and not one arrest. Yep, that’s wise leadership! How do you measure that?

You have to look at what he is doing.

If paving roads and painting graffiti makes more sense as to how to clean up Flint. Then so be it. I don't buy it.

I personally believe that if we could get some integrity and leadership. Many of the real problems facing Flint would be solved. If he stopped trying to ignore the Charter and City Ordinances. Work within the Law. Things would move a whole lot faster.

CRIME IS THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM IN FLINT! Fix that, and much of the rest of the problems will work themselves out. Great, streets are being repaved. Signs with bullet holes are being replaced, Graffiti is being painted brown. That sure makes me feel safe!

You should never try to build or rebuild anything on a false foundation. Patting yourself on the back for a 12 percent rise in crime by calling it a major reduction is more than just a character Flaw. Calling something a savings when it clearly costs more, is a character flaw. Character is a leadership Trait. Approving back pay for City Council members then calling them Thief’s. Is not integrity! Putting down your political opponents at every chance you get. Is not teamwork! That is not leadership.

Had the Don, had the park painted the same way they have always been, or even added some color. That didn't match exactly with his Campaign theme or picnic/party theme. I'd probably agree with you. If that was just coincidence... I'm a monkey's uncle! I don’t need a pro Don Williamson Newspaper to tell me how to think.

Yeah, The Parks employees just happen to have the right color paint to paint the park exactly to match what Patsy Lou wanted for her picnic/party. Or maybe, the city Employees went back after the Pie Lady showed up and told them the colors she wanted it painted. They returned later in the day with the Paint. Government doesn’t work that fast! They showed with the paint they were told to bring, in order to paint it the way they were told to paint it. If you can believe all these coincidences, Have I got a deal for you. I own a bridge in Brooklyn New York... interesting in buying it?
Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

the power and influence of the "donald" once again........

Sam....come over to the dark side........there could be a new 2007 GMC in it for you...............
Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:51 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Anonymous"]
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
First off, there is no denial of City workers painting the park! Is there? Don's people immediately sent out the Pie Lady to say she directed parks employees to paint the Park those colors. I was standing there as she spoke to Mr. Snell. She must have repeated that at least five times.

I need to post a correction. I had met Mr. Snell for the First time later that night and only once. During the Protest I had not yet met him. When the Pie Lady was down there telling her side of the story. I didn't know who the reporter was, that she was talking to. Later that night I met him. I thought that was him from earlier, esp after reading almost exactly what she was saying in the article he wrote. So I assumed that it was him. The reporter from eariler was hunched over almost exactly like I saw at the council meeting when he was talking to Josh Freeman. He has informed me that. The person she was talking to wasn't him. My apoligies for the mix up.

It was obviously one of the reporters. Just it wasn't Mr. Snell.

i don't want to implicate anyone who wasn't really there.
Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:27 pm 
workingOT

You do not have to know much about city employees to know that they:
1. Would never stick around to clean up and paint a park for no pay for anyone's campaign.
2. Will not support patsy lou or the don she rode in on, unless it is a direct order.

Being the closest to the mayor, seeing the disgracefulness behind closed doors, and knowing personally all the differences on how the newly appointed employees(especially) make the city personnel and administration the laughing stock of all the cities in the state.

City employees would turn the tide in the election if they were allowed to speak truthfully without fear for their jobs about what has gone on for the last 2 years.

How the city employees(hired before don) have been treated should be the best sign that the don is no more than a power hungary status searching attention junkie who puts his friends with business interests before the city employees and citizens.

Why has no one pointed out all the tax benefits of "not receiving" that large salary. it can still be claimed on one's taxes in certain ways offsetting other capital gains resulting in large tax returns.

Annonymous because I like and fear for my job.
Post Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:06 pm 
guest2

i was shocked to see a city employee (traffic engineering) working on a sunday on Lewis st. what......is patsy lou having a picnic on lewis st today??
Post Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:39 am 
young demm

also ted I'm just curious... Ok when don williamson took office, there was far less cops on the street and just until a couple months ago about eight were added, but minus that from about a dozen who have been fired because of corruptiom/illegal activity and who have died, like my cousin Chuey #729 . so u showed charts that show an increase in crime from like 2000, no ? Well Im 2000 there was like 5070 more cops on the streets then there is today, but they were cut over time and crime went up, right ?
Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:42 pm 
young demm

quote:
young demm schreef:
also ted I'm just curious... Ok when don williamson took office, there was far less cops on the street and just until a couple months ago about eight were added, but minus that from about a dozen who have been fired because of corruptiom/illegal activity and who have died, like my cousin Chuey #729 . so u showed charts that show an increase in crime from like 2000, no ? Well Im 2000 there was like 5070 more cops on the streets then there is today, but they were cut over time and crime went up, right ?

that 5070 should read 50-70, sorry for that.
Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:06 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Sorry, but that isn't true.
quote:
Well Im 2000 there was like 5070 more cops on the streets then there is today, but they were cut over time and crime went up, right ?

If you look at the 2000 crime stats for Flint and you’re saying that there were cuts in 2000 in the number of Officers. Then why was that one of the record drops in crime over the last ten years? -19.93% [img]=http://www.cityofflint.net/source1.gif[/img] http://www.cityofflint.net/crime_rate_comparison.htm

Crime was going down in Flint. That is a fact! Crime is down from ten years ago as reported by the Flint Journal. http://www.cityofflint.net/congress_testimony.htm & http://www.cityofflint.net/still_at_it!1.htm What is interesting is that over ten years. We have the first noticeable increase. And it wasn't just a small increase. It was a MAJOR increase in Crime in Flint. It started in 2004 and continued into 2005. I’m betting it will be go up even more in 2006. And what makes this even worse. Is that the Mayor is patting himself on the back for the great team work that showed a “MAJOR REDUCTION” in Crime in Flint. http://www.cityofflint.net/2006_state_of_flint.htm WHEN THERE WASN’T ANY REDUCTION (except in rapes)! This is the City of Flint’s Numbers. NOT MINE!

Crime was until 2004 following a DOWNWARD TREND. A trend is a demons ratable predictable number. With nothing changing. In 2004 we should have had another crime drop. But, something changed. Did unemployment Jump? NOPE! Did Poverty Increase? NOPE! If your saying we were short officers… why didn’t the Mayor hire them when the City Council Authorized the expenditures in the Budget?

What changed? What one thing can be pointed to? Follow the leadership. Who ran the Police Department before Williamson took over as Police Chief? (Yes the Mayor considers himself to be the Police Chief) The focus of police went from Fighting Crime to arresting Paper Boys. From fighting crime, to intimidating citizens at Public meetings. It went from fighting crime to stopping people from painting the "ROCK" with anti Patsy Lou graffiti. From having a Mayor that follows the law and City Ordinances (zoning) to a Mayor ignoring Laws he don’t like (ie Campaign Laws). We go from investigating crime or car thefts to making the victims of Crime Pay Fines! Need I say more. If the Boss doesn’t follow the rules, no one else will. If the boss doesn’t consider fighting crime to be important, then no one und him will. If the Mayor Lacks “INTEGRITY” then his leadership will fail! This is exactly what we are seeing

Just look at the facts. If you don't like my charts go to the City Website and View the information for yourself. I have only copied it and graphed it to make it simpler to see what has happened. I didn't change any of the numbers.
Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:43 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
young demm schreef:
quote:
young demm schreef:

that 5070 should read 50-70, sorry for that.

Oops, I should also note then that since we've lost some and gained some we are sitting at just about the same number.

Also one other thought. The lastest information about the Population of FLint is just under 119,000 Hmm What does that make the ratio of Police to Citizens? It is about 1 officer for every 450 citizens. +/- 50 Just curious how our tax base of 30 percent under the poverty level support this outradegious number of officers?
Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:53 pm 
young demm

Yeah and the national average is 3,4 for every 1,000. My point is, theres les cops, there more crime.
Post Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:56 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

According to what FACTS? Flint had already proven that under different leadership with the same amount of officers Crime could go down. So why then is crime going up? THINK!! It's pretty obvious.
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:10 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ok Young Dem! What I don't understand is why you continually seem to point to failure as a reason for needing more police. I don't understand. why wouldn't we want to look at Police departments that are successful at fighting crime? Why look at the averages of those that are failing?

The Safest city in the US has a ratio of 1 officer to 759 citizens. Hmmm Flint has just over two to 1000. Why don't we follow thier model? It can be done!

FLint did it! Flint had lower crime in 2003. With Fewer officers! Yet you tell me that adding 50 is going to make a dent? Not with a Mayor that uses them for his own personal whims! instead of fighting crime, he uses them as his enforcement department.

I thought the departmnt was pretty bad before the Don. after checking the facts we were much better off before the Don than after!
Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:34 pm 
rapunzel

Off topic? The topic was city workers being used for campaigns.

Funny thing if you want something done you have to wait until election time.

I went to city council about the lack of wood chips at a city playground that was also used by 600 plus school children. I mentioned it should be a shared responsibility between the city and the schools instead of each dept. saying it was the others responsibility. We had 8 broken bones of children on that playground. Peggy Cook was the 4th ward council person at that time.

The following spring we were doing a clean up at the school. I asked Councilman Freeman for wood chips. He puts me in touch with parks dept. head, she says she will send out chips if I can have volunteers to spread them. cool . They were delivered after the clean up and were not the right kind. They were like wooden 3 foot stakes that you could stab a vampire with! Tree branches that had been through a shredder not a chipper. Totally unsafe. Took me a few days to haul them away from children's play area.

Easter rolls around and a gun is found by children at a park in Buchanans ward. Due to poor maintanence at a park adjoining a school. I again approach council. I applauded buchanan for getting a crew of volunteers to look every where at the park for any other guns etc. but my point was neither the city or the schools are doing their part in the No one cares ZONE!

Couple parks directors later (about two months) and many calls from both my council person and I. I speak with Bob Cook on site and show him what is needed. I show him also the poor maintance between the park and the school. What I call the no one cares ZONE.

The following council election Bob Cook bring the Sheriffs work crew out on election day to deliver wood chips for the play ground. Don Williamson vans are there to support Sandy Hill. Kids are on the playground during lunch while offenders are there to spread wood chips. The principal asked that they come back not during school hours.

The following fall prior to devils night I ask for the city trash containers in the park along the sidewalk to please be emptied. The school asked prior. I asked Sandy Hill. I noted thay had not been emptied all year and had been lit on fire once already. This spring I asked Bob Cook and offered the parent group to purchase new inserts for the trash containers so the parks people will empty them.

The parks crew was working on site one day and the asst. principal asked them to empty them and they refused.

So election day this year Peggy Cook was at the polls. She was shown the large swath of grass between the parks and the school grounds that was knee high. The overflowing trash containers now burnt many times. I was told she called BOB and told him if someone is not doing their job fire their a$$. You are the parks director!

We'll see if something is done on NoV. 7th!
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: