FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Investigate is a J O K E! Sam Muma is the reason why!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sam Muma at the podium during the council meeting on July 24, 2006 :
One or two members of AFSCME Local 1600 complained that members of the union were being ordered to distribute campaign literature and erect campaign signs, union President Sam Muma said.
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-38/1153839026273540.xml&coll=5

Sam Muma at press conference July 25, 2006 :
Sam Muma, the head of the union that represents city workers said he had only heard rumors about such allegations but never had a chance to investigate the rumors before published reports raised suspicions.
After meeting this morning with all of the city parks workers, he says he's convinced that no employee forced to work on a political campaign during work hours.
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4399424

A day changes everything!LOL
Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hmm imagine that? THis was reported on all of a sudden the spin begins. Hmm Who painted the park? Who painted the park what colors? So I guess I could go down to Kearsley Park and repaint the park red white and Blue or Blue and Gold and Green and White and there wouldn't be a problem huh? Interesting. I wonder what would happen if we organised a repainting of City Hall? Maybe we should go down there and repaint it One half Blue and Gold and the other half Green and White. Maybe, if I got a job working for the Mayor polishing his shoes. I could then have parks employees repaint the park over here Red White and Blue and Maze and Blue or Green and White. How stupid does the Mayor think the people of Flint are? The lady that makes pies is all of a sudden the one directing parks employees. Who bought the paint? Where did that come from? Cmon people. It's nothing but smoke and mirrors.
Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

After watching the city council meeting on ch 17 it is clear to me that Sam Muma talks out both sides of his mouth and needs to be investigated.
Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The Way it gets reported is where the SPin Begins! When a Union Rep begins to speak. You must have a finely tuned ear to hear what he is actually saying. From being a rep and Being a supervisor. If you know what to listen for. you'll get the whole story. It just isn't always spelled out for you. Since the Journal doesnt care about context of Quotes you cannot get the jist of what is being said by Half sentences designed to mean something completely different from what was actually said.
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Come on Ted the guy changed his story.

I seen the city council meeting on ch 17, no fine tune needed!

Muma needs to be held accountable for his statements made at the council meeting and the next day at the press meeting.

They do not add up??

Why shouldn't we hold Muma to the same standards we hold the mayor??

Muma, in my opinion, has a problem with the truth, he seem to fine tune it depending on to whom he is speaking to.
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:03 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

They added up perfectly. Go back and watch it again. Watch for Context!! What was the question he was asked? What was his answer? He never once contradicted himself. If you pay attention to the Context. He never said he had evidence. Onlt that he had received complaints from members (Union Members) (His People) "They" did nothing wrong.. I've got it on tape. I've watched it twice through. Didn't see any contradictions. I look for them. Weren't there. Only the Way the Journal reported it gives his statements new meanings.
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:30 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are a master of spin!LOL
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:12 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Just Say it like it is
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:13 pm 

ted are you a 100% sure you are correct ?
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:08 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well To Quote MONK there is no 110 Percent. So I’ll settle on 100 Percent.

Well considering I was there and heard everything first hand and also have reviewed it on video. I hear the same thing each time. It hasn't changed no matter how many times I replay the tape.

First off, there is no denial of City workers painting the park! Is there? Don's people immediately sent out the Pie Lady to say she directed parks employees to paint the Park those colors. I was standing there as she spoke to Mr. Snell. She must have repeated that at least five times.

Second, How does a cook working for the Mayor Coordinate (by herself) the Parks employees to bring Green, white, Blue, Red, Gold paint ahead of time, before her being there to direct them to paint it the colors "She wanted"? Seems the obvious question?

Third, So then the paint scheme just happen to correspond to the Colors of Patsy Lou's Campaign and "Park Party Theme"? The Workers just happen to have all those colors there to paint the park?

Aren’t the standard colors for park painting Green, Brown or Tan (tan being a recent color used) and Safety Yellow? Hmmm Safety Yellow is used for guard rails and steps (to point out items to be watched for). Brown and green are traditionally used for Park Benches and Tables. Now I have seen some things painted blue in a few parks. Sometimes even red. But never to the extent I’ve seen at this park that is in question.

I’m sorry, but these questions just seem obvious to me. And no matter how the answers are twisted the only ones that make sense are. The Employees were directed to do it! The Direction came from the top! It just seems logical to me. I invite criticism of how I’ve come to these conclusions. Just give me some other reasonable explanation? The Pie Lady directing the Paint job doesn’t hold water. It doesn’t make sense.

If you look at Patsy Lou’s Campaign finance reports. Those don’t make any sense either. But, I’m not hopping on that band wagon yet. Since she can still file amendments to it. And finally show her complete and legitimate expenses. Much of it is questionable. Especially how much she has paid for some of the work she has had done. But, that is all I’ll say for now. Seems to be some BIG over payments in those figures, and some under payments. But, again, she can always file an amendment. Which once this stuff is questioned. I’m sure she will. Or have Joe Conroy step out and put his spin on it and never actually answer the question.
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:34 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

What don't you understand?? The guy recanted what he said at the council meeting.

In my opinion , it was Sam Muma statements at the podium that put the fire under the councils butt to investigate the mayor, NOT Josh Freeman, NOT Alex Harris or NOT Eric Mays.

Sam peed on the fire and put it out the next morning at the press meeting.

The mayor's aide, Joe Conroy, stood side-by-side with the city's union chief today, both maintaining that the allegations are incorrect.

Sam Muma, the head of the union that represents city workers said he had only heard rumors about such allegations but never had a chance to investigate the rumors before published reports raised suspicions.

After meeting this morning with all of the city parks workers, he says he's convinced that no employee forced to work on a political campaign during work hours.
Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:35 pm 

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Well To Quote MONK there is no 110 Percent. So I’ll settle on 100 Percent.

Well considering I was there and heard everything first hand and also have reviewed it on video. I hear the same thing each time. It hasn't changed no matter how many times I replay the tape.

First off, there is no denial of City workers painting the park! Is there? Don's people immediately sent out the Pie Lady to say she directed parks employees to paint the Park those colors. I was standing there as she spoke to Mr. Snell. She must have repeated that at least five times.

Second, How does a cook working for the Mayor Coordinate (by herself) the Parks employees to bring Green, white, Blue, Red, Gold paint ahead of time, before her being there to direct them to paint it the colors "She wanted"? Seems the obvious question?

Third, So then the paint scheme just happen to correspond to the Colors of Patsy Lou's Campaign and "Park Party Theme"? The Workers just happen to have all those colors there to paint the park?

Aren’t the standard colors for park painting Green, Brown or Tan (tan being a recent color used) and Safety Yellow? Hmmm Safety Yellow is used for guard rails and steps (to point out items to be watched for). Brown and green are traditionally used for Park Benches and Tables. Now I have seen some things painted blue in a few parks. Sometimes even red. But never to the extent I’ve seen at this park that is in question.

I’m sorry, but these questions just seem obvious to me. And no matter how the answers are twisted the only ones that make sense are. The Employees were directed to do it! The Direction came from the top! It just seems logical to me. I invite criticism of how I’ve come to these conclusions. Just give me some other reasonable explanation? The Pie Lady directing the Paint job doesn’t hold water. It doesn’t make sense.

If you look at Patsy Lou’s Campaign finance reports. Those don’t make any sense either. But, I’m not hopping on that band wagon yet. Since she can still file amendments to it. And finally show her complete and legitimate expenses. Much of it is questionable. Especially how much she has paid for some of the work she has had done. But, that is all I’ll say for now. Seems to be some BIG over payments in those figures, and some under payments. But, again, she can always file an amendment. Which once this stuff is questioned. I’m sure she will. Or have Joe Conroy step out and put his spin on it and never actually answer the question.

no your misssing my whole question. Are you sure this was done illegally? Are you you sure?
Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:36 pm 
Adam

Sam Muma had said he had heard reports from his union guys. He apparently had not yet investigated those reports. We'll see what happens if the council subpoena's him like they should. This could be a very short investigation if they follow through. We've all heard gossip. If you listen to Sam it sounds like he may have just been getting rumors. There's always rumors going around work environments. I like Sam and don't think he has been totally discredited yet. Just because someone hears a bad rumor that he hasn't fully investigated yet doesn't mean you should beat him up over it.
Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:45 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

ONE and only ONE Simple Question! If City Parks employees didn't paint the Park? WHO DID?
Doesn't matter whether Employees were forced to work on the Campaign! The Park was painted by CITY EMPLOYEES! During Working Hours of which the Employees where being paid by the City. To paint it! For the Campaign For Patsy Lou!

Why is everyone working so hard to spin this away from the real issue!

If City Employees didn't paint the park as reported by the Flint Journal and admitted by the Mayors administration? Who the hell did?
Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:51 pm 
young demm

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
ONE and only ONE Simple Question! If City Parks employees didn't paint the Park? WHO DID?
Doesn't matter whether Employees were forced to work on the Campaign! The Park was painted by CITY EMPLOYEES! During Working Hours of which the Employees where being paid by the City. To paint it! For the Campaign For Patsy Lou!

Why is everyone working so hard to spin this away from the real issue!

If City Employees didn't paint the park as reported by the Flint Journal and admitted by the Mayors administration? Who the hell did?

still you are missing my question. You say I am trying to spin the issue, but I am just asking are you a 100% sure. I mean no dobt the city employees painted. I agree. No doubt the "cake laday" lobbied for it to be clean and spiffed up in ready for Patsy's picnic. It happened there and it also happened to other parks within the same time period, cause someone lobbied for it to be done. are you a %100 the employees did it during work hours ? they were ordered by the mayor, patsy lou or anyone in the administration? Can you prove it with evidence ?
Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: