FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: More Americans out of work....

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

See what buying foreign vehicles continues to do to American workers. Cannot be more plain people.

Richard

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080924/NEWS/809240387/1410?Title=Bill_Heard_Chevrolet_Closes_Its_Doors
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:17 am 
V.Hickle
F L I N T O I D

With all due respect, your statement regarding Bill Heard's dealership are without merit. While I agree with you that import sales are having negative impact on domestic sales, the article states implies that other factors have lead to the dealership's demise. Here is a snippet.

"Lawson could not disclose a reason for the shutdown, but Bill Heard Enterprises has faced intense financial pressure after having its credit withdrawn for new car inventory by primary financier GMAC last month. The Plant City dealership was not among the sites financed by GMAC, Lawson said.

In addition, Bill Heard Enterprises has faced allegations of deceptive and misleading business practices by the Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs, the Ledger-Enquirer said last month, and the company closed a store in Scottsdale, Ariz., on Sept. 12."
Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:45 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Point made but still feel for the 2700 workers looking for work. Now two other dealerships have closed in Orlando. When times are tough creative financing abounds.

Richard
Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: