FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: These are my thoughts:

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have been following the posts for a few days now and these are my thoughts.

What I see is achievement haters and people that want business a usually!

So what, if the guy moved back to Flint to run for Mayor.

We should be happy that people are moving back to Flint for any reason, especially if they are a giver instead of a taker.

It seem to me, if a person has something to offer, is a giver and believes he or she can make a difference we should embrace them

-=Steve Myers.
Post Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ehren Gonzales

I agree, it is terrific that this individual has moved back to the area. I did the same thing. I got my MBA from UM Ann Arbor, undergrad from MSU, moved to Ft. Collins, CO, moved to NJ, then relocated back to Flint. I could have moved to Livoinia or Dearborn since this is where my job is but I moved back to Flint, commuting two hours a day. And since I am involved in politics I could have run immediately, but I did not see that as the productive thing to do.

I didn't believe I truely understood the changing environment as it pertained to jobs, economic development, crime, and neighborhood blight. It takes time to understand these problems. No matter what educational level you have obtained, or if you are a Rhodes Scholar, unless you are in the trenches how do you really know what it takes to affect change and engage the community's stakeholders to become united for a common goal.

Again, I truely believe a person should understand our problems first hand not from afar and definately not from another state. How can anyone know what is actually happening from newspapers, online posts, or even conversations with friends and family. I think it is great that a person that moves back would want to run for political office, I just think you need time to grasp the issues.

Ehren
Post Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:27 am 
stones

Seems to me that there is so much envy and flat-out jealousy amongst our youngins' in this town. Who cares if someone hasn't lived in this area for some time, but moved back to make a COMMITMENT to FLint? Isn't that the operative word, here, folks? There's not a whole lot of loyalty anywhere anymore (just check your workplace...) so when someone decides to make a positive difference, and not just talk the talk, then I'm all for it.

Let's all help to change Flint from the Crime & Grime city. Flint has so much to offer and we still need a real leader to get us out of the mud.
Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: