FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Palin's town charged women for rape exams
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's hometown required women to pay for their own rape examinations while she was mayor, a practice her police chief fought to keep as late as 2000.

READ MORE ABOUT THIS PRO-WOMEN CANDIDATE AT:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/21/palin.rape.exams/index.html
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Of course CNN does not have an agenda like maybe kissing Obamas ass ever time he opens his mouth. Ill check further with more reputable sources and if its true guess what??? shes still a better choice for VP than Biden. and a hell of a better prez choice than chicagos own Barack. Go Sarah. Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:26 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Why should the city have to pay for a medical exam for anyone? Even the victim of rape? Isn't that the State's responsibility?
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:31 pm 
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Of course CNN does not have an agenda like maybe kissing Obamas ass ever time he opens his mouth. Ill check further with more reputable sources and if its true guess what??? shes still a better choice for VP than Biden. and a hell of a better prez choice than chicagos own Barack. Go Sarah. Laughing

Do me a favor and provide a list of the news sources you deem reputable and I will check them out when I have some free time.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Flintite wrote: "Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's hometown required women to pay for their own rape examinations...."

00SL2 response: So what? When somebody goes to the doctor or hospital I doubt they bother to ask who's responsible for the alleged rape except to file a police report. For payment of the expense they want your insurance card or the name of the person who's going to be responsible for the bill.

strattonsigns wrote: "Why should the city have to pay for a medical exam for anyone? Even the victim of rape? Isn't that the State's responsibility?"

00SL2 response: Same response as above, except to add that if there's a conviction for rape, one of the terms of the sentence should be to reimburse the victim for all medical expenses. Then, fat chance of collecting it.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 pm 
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Flintite wrote: "Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's hometown required women to pay for their own rape examinations...."

00SL2 response: So what? When somebody goes to the doctor or hospital I doubt they bother to ask who's responsible for the alleged rape except to file a police report. For payment of the expense they want your insurance card or the name of the person who's going to be responsible for the bill.

strattonsigns wrote: "Why should the city have to pay for a medical exam for anyone? Even the victim of rape? Isn't that the State's responsibility?"

00SL2 response: Same response as above, except to add that if there's a conviction for rape, one of the terms of the sentence should be to reimburse the victim for all medical expenses. Then, fat chance of collecting it.

Are homeowners/business owners handed a bill when a crime scene is searched and scrutinized for evidence? We're not talking about slipping off the monkey-bars and breaking a limb. Or sitting in your recliner chowing on food until your sick with diabetes. This is not an issues of one's health and seeking medical treatment. IT IS AN ISSUE OF RESEARCHING A CRIME SCENE, and I never heard of a victim paying for that service.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:09 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:36 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Evidently, it would appear that the Police Chief and the Mayor had never been raped.....Yeah, get a bill for a swab touching your crotch and collecting evidence....beautiful, absolutely beautiful...do they send you tissues with the bill too?

Yes, before people start to rail on me I will check the rape stats of the small town of Wasilla....

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:52 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

10 rapes between the years of 2000 to 2005
http://www.disastercenter.com/alaska/crime/35.htm

Below average price of evidence collecting:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-09-10-rape-exams_N.htm
WASILLA, Alaska — In 2000, Alaska lawmakers learned that rural police agencies had been billing rape victims or their insurance companies $500 to $1,200 for the costs of the forensic medical examinations used to gather evidence.

http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2000/05/23/news.txt
Gee, archived article....hmmm....good for somethin'.

Yeah, it's really nice to bill rape victims....b*tt heads.

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:25 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Keep plugging away but its not gonna work. Sarah Palin thru a monkey wrench into Obamas plans and he and the dems are in a panic. They had it in the bag now who knows. Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:28 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not about Palin??? Well I guess I got fooled by Flintites original thread starting post.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:37 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:42 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um...twotap.

You know that there are grants out there to reimburse police departments for this don't you?!

I am sure that if you looked hard enough you could find a grant to find out how many people actually pick their noses at red lights on Tues. afternoons in the month of December.

This just solidifies her stance of the woman NOT being able to have an abortion if she's been raped. Can you believe that? A woman that was raped and possibly conceived and now the woman that was a victim has to gestate for nine months and go through labor and delivery wondering if the child is going to look like her attacker?

Not to mention if the girl/woman does not want the baby, what makes you think that she's going to take care of herself for nine months after a rape. Rape victims don't report rape, the one's that do? Get a bill in the mail, at least the victims that don't have insurance.

But they deserved it right?

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:42 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: