FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: War with Pakistan?

If Pakistani soldiers kill American soldiers inside Pakistan, what should our response be?
Declare War
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Bomb Pakistani targets
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Complain, but do nothing
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Pakistan has informed us that if we send troops over the border without prior authorization, their army has orders to shoot to kill.

We have told Pakistan that if Al Quaeda runs back over the border from Afganistan to Pakistan, we reserve the right to chase them.

This weekend, Pakistani soldiers reported that they fired on 2 US helicopters coming over the borders. The helicopters turned back and no one was injured.

If a Pakistani soldier kills an American soldier, our troops may shoot back. If a Pakistani soldier is killed on Pakistan soil, in the eyes of their government we will have effectively declared war on Pakistan.

[EDIT] What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Marko Rollo on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ak Baracko with out his teleprompter. Laughing

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:08 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

This is the problem as many of us saw it back in 2003 when we invaded Iraq. The next war we are involved in won't be one we get to choose. What happens if...North Korea launches a nuke at Seoul...or if China invades Taiwan....or......a nuclear nation like Pakistan starts getting antsy about us being on their border and starts shooting down our helicopters? The possibilites were, and are, endless. What if we put too many of our resources in a battle we don't need to fight and one we don't expect pops up?

Our troops are stretched too thin because of a war in Iraq we didn't need to start, which hasn't helped our nation's security, and now we are paying prices we couldn't have anticipated.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:49 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

WAR!
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: