FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: More Filming Happening In FLINT!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Movie Crews are busy at work right now getting ready for filming in Downtown Flint. Check out this Channel 12 Spot:

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6394665

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

This is my deal with actors and filming...they are doing a job, in our neck of the woods. It's alright to wave hi and all. But when they are on their own lunch hours and off the set, we as a group of people have to leave them alone. They are just doing their job, they get paid to entertain us.

They all put their pants on the same way we do. If we want more business in the area, we should not inundate them with starry eyes and screams....to me it's the last thing that they want, some feel that this is okay and all, but some of them I am sure just want a wave and a nod. We will be remembered in a positive light.

There are more people out here filming then the press knows about....if you see someone don't scream or hound them....oy.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Jessica Alba puts her pants on just like I do. Damn that's hot. One leg now the next Oh baby. Oh wait shes not even in Flint. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

um....let me pull out a Fabio pic....nah.....this one's better. Wink

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hes a cool guy alright and a conservative to boot but he sure aint as hot as Jessica. Razz This sure beats talking about baracko.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:41 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ha!!! Even "Hollywood Hotties" are not immune to strechmarks....Smile

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:46 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
This is my deal with actors and filming...they are doing a job, in our neck of the woods. It's alright to wave hi and all. But when they are on their own lunch hours and off the set, we as a group of people have to leave them alone. They are just doing their job, they get paid to entertain us.

So I shouldn't ask them if they appreciate the tax breaks and subsidies I am helping to pay for them to work in Michigan.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:20 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um, the beancounters care but the actors don't, necessarily...Smile

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:34 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

That's okay, I heard Jessica Simpson is a Republican, but if she doesn't know that Chicken of the Sea is tuna, I don't really know what to say..Smile

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:45 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Once again this is good for Flint a local catering company got paid $5,000 for food, they rented porta potties, they ate at the lunch studio, they purchased stuff from pauls pipe shop and the Mad Hatter. They hire local security guards and rented rooms at the Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Gateway Center. They hired extras, carpenters etc. This is local money coming into Flint. This is good for Flint, I am going to do my part to promote this city so more filming comes here.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
andi03 schreef:

So I shouldn't ask them if they appreciate the tax breaks and subsidies I am helping to pay for them to work in Michigan.

Once again this is good for Flint a local catering company got paid $5,000 for food, they rented porta potties, they ate at the lunch studio, they purchased stuff from pauls pipe shop and the Mad Hatter. They hire local security guards and rented rooms at the Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Gateway Center. They hired extras, carpenters etc. This is local money coming into Flint. This is good for Flint, I am going to do my part to promote this city so more filming comes here.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:56 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
yeah and too bad for TT Jessica Alba is a Dem. Razz

Well of course that just proves once again that beauty and brains are not a guaranteed combo. Laughing On the other hand maybe Jessica is afraid to show her true leanings cause you know how fair those Hollywood libs are to anyone not walking in lockstep.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:58 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
andi03 schreef:

Yeah whatever. Part of the funding comes from our tax dollars. I would rather be the one supporting local businesses instead of out of towners we pay for.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

You're saying we pay film makers to come to MI? I thought we gave them a tax break to show up. Giving up something you never had to get more business sounds like a good plan to me.

quote:
Adam schreef:
Yeah whatever. Part of the funding comes from our tax dollars. I would rather be the one supporting local businesses instead of out of towners we pay for.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: