FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The lefties are giving up? about time

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Looks like our very own Left wing radicals are going the same direction as the people being polled nationally.

Baracko was a fad...kinda like the pet rock.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:38 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

. . . . or. . . The "Flint Talk lefties" are busy doing other things like working, or campaigning, talking to actual people, etc. Care to break an old habit and start showing sources for your assertions? The numbers I'm looking at show Barack Obama is still on track to win the Electoral College. The "Palin bump" has been limited to red states with no chance or history of ever voting for Democrats. Show me the numbers proving your point.

Last edited by Kevin McKague on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:32 am 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

You have to add 5-15 points to Obama's for any poll you see. Pollsters don't call cell phones. Almost all young voters use cell phones and only the "Greatest Generation" and "Boomer Generation" have home phones.

The fact that Obama is even tied, or a few points ahead in some cases, with just home phone poll, is nothing short of amazing.

The youth vote is Obama's all the way. Just look at the Facebook and myspace numbers differences! Obama is ahead 5-1!
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup its gonna be a landslide for Baracko you heard it here. Laughing

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:35 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:
. . . . or. . . The 'Flint Talk lefties' are busy doing other things like working, or campaigning, talking to actual people, etc.

Or surfing the web & texting while driving. Laughing

Working - did that for 40+ years, now enjoying my ill-gotten pension & Social Security.
Campaigning - like the meeting I was at yesterday where people were told that if they have no permanent address, they can use the police ministation on ML King as an address & have their voter registrations mailed there?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I guess those must be that great unwashed silent minority that's gonna put Baracko over the top. Laughing

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:48 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Shawn makes a valid point. Another point worth considering is the fact that Barack Obama is registering a record number of legal new voters, and I doubt that their names are showing up on the pollsters lists either. I predict that this election will show an unprecedented disconnect between poll results just before the election, and the actual results. BTW, I'm not driving while texting. Ask the train conductor in CA how well that works.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:33 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: