FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The treatment of Sarah Palin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

I find it pretty appalling that the media is treating Palin as some sort of pariah. She has led a spectacular ordinary life to this point. She comes from modest beginnings, the child of two teachers. Most of us should be able to appreciate what she has accomplished given the fact that she was expected to ACHIEVE in order to progress in life.

I haven't read any articles that say she had to repay hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I haven't read anything that says she took advantage of any government programs. I think she did it the hard way, I think she earned it.

She seems to be a great working mother. Yes, she has a daughter that is going to have a baby out of wedlock. We can't be judged completely on our children's failures, can we? No more than we can take total credit for our children's successes.

She chose to deliver her baby boy even though she knew it would burden her forever with the responsibilities of taking care of him. She could have been a hypocrite...but she wasn't. That shows me that she has principles and conviction. You may not agree with her choice, but you have to respect that she didn't simply throw her "stance" to the wind and take the easy way out.

I like that she is a "normel" person. She seems to have a great husband. I'm sure alot of us would like to hand out with Todd, have a few brewskis and talk about his adventures as a fisherman, hunter, snowmobile racer and "First Husband". He seems real too. Maybe that's it...they're just too real.

She wasn't "looking for it." I don't think she had aspirations to become President, Senator or even a Congresswoman as a young woman. I think it simply evolved from a civic responsibility to become involved in situations and positions in which she held an ideal. I truly believe that she wants to do better for her constituents, who ever they may be.

Is she opinionated? Yes...so are you if you are reading this.
Is she a christian that truly is convicted to upholding her faith? Looks likes it to me, I want a Christian leader as opposed to an Atheist.

Stop the personal attacks on Sarah Palin, she is a good woman,mother and wife. She has been re-elected by her constituents with over a 70% margin when ever she has ran for office. She has obviously done something right. You may not agree with her politics, but you should respect the fact that she has achieved miraculous things and has done that without throwning anyone under the bus or sleeping her way to the top.

I would want all women to be like Sarah Plain, wouldn't our country be alot better?
Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:32 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Boy, I am seriously going to take your post piece by piece, I am avoiding studying for my test tomorrow...argh!!

***I find it pretty appalling that the media is treating Palin as some sort of pariah. She has led a spectacular ordinary life to this point. She comes from modest beginnings, the child of two teachers. Most of us should be able to appreciate what she has accomplished given the fact that she was expected to ACHIEVE in order to progress in life.****

To tell you the truth? I am wondering if Geraldine Ferraro had it worse, due to the fact that she ran in the 80's, now a majority of the time women are treated differently. The media treats anyone running for president in a maligning manner. She is not the only one that began with "humble" beginnings, how we measure success and happiness internally is what matters.

***I haven't read any articles that say she had to repay hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I haven't read anything that says she took advantage of any government programs. I think she did it the hard way, I think she earned it. ****

Just as an aside, isn't her husband Eskimo or Indian? One of the two. If there is a treaty that is drawn up to protect that sociological group, than that may have entitled her household to get extra privileges that would not be given to "regular" society. This can include special hunting and fishing privileges and a myriad of other things. But, yes, working your way up to being a governor is hard work.

****She seems to be a great working mother. Yes, she has a daughter that is going to have a baby out of wedlock. We can't be judged completely on our children's failures, can we? No more than we can take total credit for our children's successes. *****

I am surprised actually to hear this from a Republican, dunno. I have been a stay at home mom for 12 years and sometimes supplement our income through odd jobs, and believe me they're odd. Wedlock...schmedlock..Smile

****She chose to deliver her baby boy even though she knew it would burden her forever with the responsibilities of taking care of him. She could have been a hypocrite...but she wasn't. That shows me that she has principles and conviction. You may not agree with her choice, but you have to respect that she didn't simply throw her "stance" to the wind and take the easy way out.*****

Now this is what I disagree with....Your child's disability is only a disability if you make it out to be that way, I know first hand. I have a very big problem with her personal decision making processes but I will not elaborate here, in regards to how she handled the delivery.

She has had 4 children before and should know what causes pregnancy, and it ain't taking out the trash. She evidently had appointments with the OB/GYN and knew that once you get preggers after 40 the chances of having a Downs Syndrome child increases dramatically.

No mother takes the easy way out and to elevate her above the rest? Laughable, my last one was a surprise, and I kept him, should I get a badge of honour? No, because it happens everyday...oy.

****I like that she is a "normel" person. She seems to have a great husband. I'm sure alot of us would like to hand out with Todd, have a few brewskis and talk about his adventures as a fisherman, hunter, snowmobile racer and "First Husband". He seems real too. Maybe that's it...they're just too real. ****

This is where your argument falls apart...she's not a normal person, how many normal people are governors of a state? Smile How many normal women have a plethora of babysitters on speed dial? Although, my definition of normal is being surrounded by engineers, lawyers, teachers, bean counters, and every year at Christmas time.....interesting. What is normal?

****She wasn't "looking for it." I don't think she had aspirations to become President, Senator or even a Congresswoman as a young woman. I think it simply evolved from a civic responsibility to become involved in situations and positions in which she held an ideal. I truly believe that she wants to do better for her constituents, who ever they may be.****

Um, she also could have said "no." We are all product of our choices.

***Is she opinionated? Yes...so are you if you are reading this.
Is she a christian that truly is convicted to upholding her faith? Looks likes it to me, I want a Christian leader as opposed to an Atheist***

She is your definition of Christian...anyone that claims to be a Christian can be one. Should we both re-read Romans Chapter 14 all over again? Smile Would it make you irate to know that some of the founders of the Constitution were deists?

***Stop the personal attacks on Sarah Palin, she is a good woman,mother and wife. She has been re-elected by her constituents with over a 70% margin when ever she has ran for office. She has obviously done something right. You may not agree with her politics, but you should respect the fact that she has achieved miraculous things and has done that without throwning anyone under the bus or sleeping her way to the top. ****

This paragraph, I am actually pretty buggy-eyed about...????

****I would want all women to be like Sarah Plain, wouldn't our country be alot better?*****

This world would be a lot better if we just let women decide what they want to do with their lives, without any arbitrary rules or notions as to how we are supposed to act. Why should I as a woman accept your judgment and negate mine.

I wouldn't want to be like Sarah not just because of what she stands for, but women over the years have always been living up to everyone's standards, we can vote, no we can't vote, yes you can have property rights, no you can't have property rights, no you can't get your tubes tied because you only have two children, yes you can have your tubes tied because you have "defective children".....let us be our own judge as to how we make this country better.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:24 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

HOLY FRIGGIN MOLY Shocked Laughing

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:55 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Does that mean that you want me to tape my fingers together so I can't type anymore?

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:12 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Does that mean that you want me to tape my fingers together so I can't type anymore?

Do you need some tape? Wink
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Adam, harharhar.Smile

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:22 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Wow...a sexist woman. That's a switch.

She's accomplished, 'nuff said.

maybe you're jealous?

Good looking...great Mom, Respected politician....great husband....

Yeah....you wish.

And....you think that women over 40 should abort? Thank God they didn't...my Mom was 42 and I am far from disabled in any way.

You are not only sexist...bu you are ageist as well....just like Obama.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

***Wow...a sexist woman. That's a switch.****

How is one woman superior to another? I don't understand why you don't understand.

***maybe you're jealous?***

Realist. Why are you mad that I have my own opinion about her lifestyle, because you think that all women should be like her? Again, arbitrary.

****Good looking...great Mom, Respected politician....great husband....***

I could be as ugly as a set of horse testicles, what do looks have to do with anything?

****And....you think that women over 40 should abort? Thank God they didn't...my Mom was 42 and I am far from disabled in any way.****

Why does everything have to go back to abortion? ..did I say anything like that? It's called preventative measures, pulling out in time doesn't get many ooh's and ahh's like it did in the 70's.

****You are not only sexist...bu you are ageist as well....just like Obama.****

Um.....how old do you think I am?! I am 3-4 years younger than Mrs. Palin!!! Do I sound like I am a teenager? Thank you. Do I sound like a little old lady? God, git the Clairol NOW!!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:55 pm 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

I have no problem with any truthful charge leveled against a political candidate. The problem is the lack of truth being used by republicans OR democrats in this election. Smart people should not believe any news about a candidate until they read it on factcheck.org. Half of the most obnoxious things I have read about Palin were disproved there, and honestly half of any claim about themselves or another candidate made by ANY of them have been disproved.

Biden has my personal disdain for being Bush level dumb though, just check out http://video.nationaljournal.com/Monday/BidenIndian.mov or http://news.yahoo.com/s/cnet/20080824/tc_cnet/83011357831002416338 and never forget what he said about Obama “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” But—and the “but” was clearly inevitable—he doubts whether American voters are going to elect “a one-term, a guy who has served for four years in the Senate,” and added: “I don’t recall hearing a word from Barack about a plan or a tactic.” Clearly he is a bigot. (last quote can be referenced several places but I pulled it from http://www.observer.com/2007/arts-culture/biden-unbound-lays-clinton-obama-edwards)

Seems to me that I do not want Palin or Biden a heartbeat away, and while I would have backed the McCain who could not get nominated, the new McCain disturbs me. I have no specific gripes about Obama, but I fear this country is too racist for him to be elected.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
but I fear this country is too racist for him to be elected.

And of course based on his past acquaintances he is too racist for this country.

Link

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:34 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's no need to analyze & debate. She's a Republican, and therefore in the eyes of many people, an evil person. If she was a Democrat & Obama picked her for his running mate, the hosannas would be deafening.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Sarah is a half-wit cheerleader who would prefer that any 14 year old girl who is raped by her fathers have her father's baby unless the pregnancy is "a threat to her health." Clearly, having your father's child when you are 14 is not going to have a lasting effect. Besides, if we let you out on that technicality, everyone who wants an abortion will just say that the baby is inbred, right?

Let's not forget that in August, she didn't even know what the VP does and she still thinks she knows foreign policy because she can see Russia from her house.

She's such a patriot that she wanted Alaska to secede the union and she sells all of Alaska's oil to Asia. How's that for an American Sweethart?

Face it boys, you like Mcain because he has experience to protect your scared asses from terrorists, but a beauty queen walks into the scene and your hard-ons tell you that she can keep you safe at night.

I agree that she is smart. I think she met Mcain at a cocktail party, he "vetted" her that evening, and now she's used that info to force him to get her into the VP seat. Probably on a bet with her hunting buddies.

Your brains are up higher, fellas.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:10 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for disproving that old theory that only republicans are hateful. It sure is panic time in the Democrat land. Laughing

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:19 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

MellowD,

You are simply a desperate Democrat, just like you're mentor, Baracko.
She is pro-sex education, pro-life. So was your Mother.

I admit, she lacks foreign policy experience. John McCain doesn't..remember...he's our candidate. Obama was signing up voters for ACORN when McCain was setting foreign relations policy. Obama has very very little experience himself. Unless you count his speech to the Europeans telling them he hates America just like they do.

Kinda funny how you guys keep comparing Palin to Obama......lolyou guys forgot who the candidates are.

BTW, Biden is hardly without his faults.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 am 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Gosh, you fellas are simple and predictable. Your candidates are both cooky and lousy. But, judging from the complexity of your arguments, they need not be intelligent candidates to win your votes.

or better yet:

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: