FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Kathy Ellwood for Flint Board of education
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ellwoodflint

quote:
ellwoodflint schreef:
Ryan, I have ran for the board, and oly lost by 84 votes. Since then I have applied for empty seats but they won't choose me, i have to be elected.
I didnot apply, for the first on the last round because i wasnt sure id be living here due to my husbands job.
i do want you to think about somthing if you are going to run for office.
Being in charge isnt always what makes a difference, there are many different people who live in this city and not all have the same priorities,
Just because im not in the headlines doesnt mean i don't make a difference. not everyone can be the leader, and with out all those doing the work, the leaders dont have a chance.
there are alot of people who are doing things important to better this community and its schools, they just arent recognized because they care about what they are doing, not the drama or the spotlight for doing it.
its thse people who vote and those who will decide things. you should keep that in mind since you are a talking leader as opposed to a voting doer.
everyone has ideas, you dont need a candidate to educate on the subject. if they are truely your beliefs, do somthing about it. I am.

Im sorry, "ADAM"
Post Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:57 pm 
rapunzel

84 votes and kathy would have been sitting in Hatter's seat. Tutt, tutt told her to fire her campaign manager!

Kathy works in the schools...more than the 180 days of teacher contracts. Volunteers don't get lunch breaks. She mediated teachers concerns between elem & secondary teachers, between principals and administration.

You can sit on a board and only know what admin tells you. You got to be in the buildings to know whats happening or not for the children. Got to be on the ground level...talk to M & O, janitors, secretary's, librarians and teachers. To know the real deal.

Kathy IF she wanted to be on the board would still be in the schools by day. To listen.

How many parents never even enter the buildings?

Parent participation is key to student improvement. Bottom line...is where it happens. LEARNING...

Sometimes a senator can get more accomplished over the years than a president.

RAP
Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:41 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: