FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Headline on The Committee to Stop Corrupt Government website
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The headline on The Committee to Stop Corrupt Government website today is
COMING SOON!!! The Three Stooges Exposed...

David "LARRY" Sharp
Andy "CURLY" Heller
Tony "MOE" Dearing

http://www.thecorruptionmustend.com/

David Sharp (Flint Journal Publisher)
Andrew Heller (Flint Journal Columnist)
Tony Dearing (Flint Journal Editor)

Last edited by Steve Myers on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

The first tactic of the corrupt, tyrannical and inept: kill the messenger and attack the press. Surely the mayor is doing a fine job. It must be the media that is getting it all wrong. The media isn't perfect, and some newspapers are indeed worthless (The Davison Index bedfore Jim Sherman sold it this year comes to mind). The Flint Journal isn't the best paper in the nation, but it is far from the worst. From what I hear from people close to City Hall, the Journal's coverage is pretty accurate. I can't get to the mayor's on my cell, does it actually make a case against the paper with facts? I doubt it.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:35 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a dumb move, why start with the journal?

I agree with you Kevin , the Journal's coverage has been fair to the Mayor.

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Okay, I'm confused...

What is the corruption, why must it end, and what does the Journal have to do with it?
Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

This whole thing is like a car wreck....you don't want to watch but you have to.

OY.

Now he has gone after Raymond Bridges and Alex Harris. I am copying the pages in an html format for future use....muwhahaha

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Open letter to the Mayor of Flint:

Dear Mayor of Flint,

Since it is your intent to seek the office of Governor of The Great State of Michigan, people in the Genesee County have a right and a privilege to assess the decisions that you have made while in office, as the Mayor of Flint.

These opinions can be negative and positive, mind you. In this electronic vehicle of communication, this blog, there are no moderators to block what I have to say, nary an editor to be found to correct my punctuation and grammar, nor any publishers to take the heat for what I have to say.

We can begin with the decision that you made to initiate a Political Action Committee (PAC) entitled, Committee to Stop Corrupt Government and the website for findings of the alleged corruption by the following people as of Sunday, September 7, 2008. (The information provided below is copied and pasted from the Committee to Stop Corrupt Government website.)

"We look forward to meeting you and working with you to put a stop to the corrupt politics in Flint and Genesee County! The corrupt politicians and the agenda driven media need to be exposed, but we need your help, please make a donation today!

COMING SOON!!! "My life as a Prison Guard."

Alex Harris abuse of power...

COMING SOON!!! "My ties to Drug Dealers."

Raymond Bridges is comfortable on the corner...

COMING SOON!!! "The Three Stooges Exposed:"

David "LARRY" Sharp
Andy "CURLY" Heller
Tony "MOE" Dearing"

The names that are listed above can be found by using Google rather easily by the people reading this letter. But I have to ask: Why is the media listed when they are simplistically doing their job? Why the community activists listed when they are exercising their right for recall proceedings?

Let's start off with the basic right of all Americans, the First Amendment (link to firstamendmentcenter.org). This resource is very invaluable. Going after media personnel is not a good way of touting corruption, unless you have proof that they are falsifying reports.

I have reviewed Tony Dearing's posts online and have read the paper on somewhat daily basis and cannot find demeaning or libelous articles about you. There may be editorials that the Editorial Board published that were critiquing your job as mayor, but none that could be construed as libel. Andy Heller, publishes an opinion column. Opinion columns have been around since Benjamin Franklin was a printer. Why are you trying to "kill the messenger," so to speak? To silence people for their opinions has long been touted a way to enhance civil disobedience. Threatening people will only make myself and the masses vocal to the establishment and touted goals of the PAC.

If a public servant cannot handle opposing opinions than how are the constituents' voices going to be heard? If a public servant only hears what he/she wants to hear then there is no room for growth. Checks and balances are negated by not listening. By adding journalists, editors and publishers to the list, it seems apparent that the PAC's goal is to scare the media into printing false stories and quash the freedom of speech that is guaranteed by the Michigan Constitution and the Constitution of the United States of America.

The next item on the agenda to address is the community activists on the PAC's list, namely Alex Harris and Raymond Bridges. The people of Michigan are are granted the privilege to recall a public servant. Yes, Mr. Harris and Mr. Bridges are utilizing their right to promote the recall due to their discomfort with the leadership that is currently in office in the City of Flint. They have to be vocal in order to promote their cause. Adding them to the list of "corrupt people" will not silence them, it will only make them stronger. Additionally, they cannot be construed as corrupt politicians due to the fact that they do not hold public office, to my knowledge anyway.

The little people like myself, don't have the millions needed to create a PAC, but the little people like myself have a voice. Mr. Bridges has a voice. Mr. Harris has a voice. The Flint Journal has a duty to report the news whether the news is appealing to the readers' eyes or not, including those in governmental units. Scaring people into halting their activities by utilizing a PAC is less than honorable.

There are a plethora of management decisions that have been made that the public has not been happy with. The tactics of scaring people into silence and submission by listing people on the website will not have the affect that the PAC intends. It will only come with a myriad of unitended consequences. Lawsuits? More community action pertaining to the recall? More people speaking out due to the fact that you plan to run for the highest office in this great state, such as myself?

What is the intent of the newly created PAC?
Why not attack the issues rather than the person?
Why is the PAC not going after corrupt politicians?

So far the newly founded PAC has not displayed a modicum of professionalism to date. It has compared three journalists as "Larry, Moe and Curly" and two community activists as less than stellar citizens and maligning them as they exercise their constitutional rights. The comparisons made to comedy actors is to be construed as inane and sophomoric behavior. This is from a public servant that wishes to seek the highest office in the state?

If you wish to contact me directly, please do so, privately as I wish not to divulge my name in this electronic venue.

Sincerely,
andi03

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:52 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Well put, Andi.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:55 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Headlines

http://www.thecorruptionmustend.com/

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 pm 
flintmichigan
F L I N T O I D

Have you ever noticed that the people that have the most to hide are always putting everyone else down. Alex Harris has a very naughty past, he beat-up inmates under his watch for the heck of it.

This guy looks like Charles Manson Evil or Very Mad and he has the stones to be the leader in a match against violence, what a joke. Hey Alex, you need to take your anger out in a more constructive way, try jogging or racketball.
Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 am 
flintmichigan
F L I N T O I D

I was matching pictures of Manson and Harris and forgot to write MARCH. Sorry guys!!!
Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:37 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Open letter to the Mayor of Flint:

Dear Mayor of Flint,

Since it is your intent to seek the office of Governor of The Great State of Michigan, people in the Genesee County have a right and a privilege to assess the decisions that you have made while in office, as the Mayor of Flint.

These opinions can be negative and positive, mind you. In this electronic vehicle of communication, this blog, there are no moderators to block what I have to say, nary an editor to be found to correct my punctuation and grammar, nor any publishers to take the heat for what I have to say.

We can begin with the decision that you made to initiate a Political Action Committee (PAC) entitled, Committee to Stop Corrupt Government and the website for findings of the alleged corruption by the following people as of Sunday, September 7, 2008. (The information provided below is copied and pasted from the Committee to Stop Corrupt Government website.)

"We look forward to meeting you and working with you to put a stop to the corrupt politics in Flint and Genesee County! The corrupt politicians and the agenda driven media need to be exposed, but we need your help, please make a donation today!

COMING SOON!!! "The Three Stooges Exposed:"

David "LARRY" Sharp
Andy "CURLY" Heller
Tony "MOE" Dearing"

The names that are listed above can be found by using Google rather easily by the people reading this letter. But I have to ask: Why is the media listed when they are simplistically doing their job? Why the community activists listed when they are exercising their right for recall proceedings?

Let's start off with the basic right of all Americans, the First Amendment (link to firstamendmentcenter.org). This resource is very invaluable. Going after media personnel is not a good way of touting corruption, unless you have proof that they are falsifying reports.

I have reviewed Tony Dearing's posts online and have read the paper on somewhat daily basis and cannot find demeaning or libelous articles about you. There may be editorials that the Editorial Board published that were critiquing your job as mayor, but none that could be construed as libel. Andy Heller, publishes an opinion column. Opinion columns have been around since Benjamin Franklin was a printer. Why are you trying to "kill the messenger," so to speak? To silence people for their opinions has long been touted a way to enhance civil disobedience. Threatening people will only make myself and the masses vocal to the establishment and touted goals of the PAC.

If a public servant cannot handle opposing opinions than how are the constituents' voices going to be heard? If a public servant only hears what he/she wants to hear then there is no room for growth. Checks and balances are negated by not listening. By adding journalists, editors and publishers to the list, it seems apparent that the PAC's goal is to scare the media into printing false stories and quash the freedom of speech that is guaranteed by the Michigan Constitution and the Constitution of the United States of America.

The next item on the agenda to address is the community activists on the PAC's list, namely Alex Harris and Raymond Bridges. The people of Michigan are are granted the privilege to recall a public servant. Yes, Mr. Harris and Mr. Bridges are utilizing their right to promote the recall due to their discomfort with the leadership that is currently in office in the City of Flint. They have to be vocal in order to promote their cause. Adding them to the list of "corrupt people" will not silence them, it will only make them stronger. Additionally, they cannot be construed as corrupt politicians due to the fact that they do not hold public office, to my knowledge anyway.

The little people like myself, don't have the millions needed to create a PAC, but the little people like myself have a voice. Mr. Bridges has a voice. Mr. Harris has a voice. The Flint Journal has a duty to report the news whether the news is appealing to the readers' eyes or not, including those in governmental units. Scaring people into halting their activities by utilizing a PAC is less than honorable.

There are a plethora of management decisions that have been made that the public has not been happy with. The tactics of scaring people into silence and submission by listing people on the website will not have the affect that the PAC intends. It will only come with a myriad of unitended consequences. Lawsuits? More community action pertaining to the recall? More people speaking out due to the fact that you plan to run for the highest office in this great state, such as myself?

What is the intent of the newly created PAC?
Why not attack the issues rather than the person?
Why is the PAC not going after corrupt politicians?

So far the newly founded PAC has not displayed a modicum of professionalism to date. It has compared three journalists as "Larry, Moe and Curly" and two community activists as less than stellar citizens and maligning them as they exercise their constitutional rights. The comparisons made to comedy actors is to be construed as inane and sophomoric behavior. This is from a public servant that wishes to seek the highest office in the state?

If you wish to contact me directly, please do so, privately as I wish not to divulge my name in this electronic venue.

Sincerely,
andi03

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:36 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey Steve, I was hoping to become the first woman on "the list" by writing that open letter, breaking the glass ceiling and all.

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Don Williamson is a clown.

The Journal has a one letter/per writer/per month rule in its letters section, so I've been stuffing their mailbox at the Talk Back section, where you can make anonymous comments. You might have seen this one, it was from me:

Flint Talk back section, August 31

quote:
POOR COMPARISON I've heard a lot of unfavorable comparisons of Mayor Williamson to Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick. For all of their troubles, at least Detroit has a mayor with enough sense to know he has no chance of ever being elected governor! What could Don be thinking? He has minimal support in the city, the rest of the county thinks he is a joke, and nobody else in the state has heard of him. If the state's voters see that archive video of him shouting profanities at the City Council through a bullhorn while wearing that hard hat, the campaign will be over.

-- Davison
Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:01 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Do It Andi!!! It already has 18 million cracks in it, i am sure it can't take much more...

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Hey Steve, I was hoping to become the first woman on "the list" by writing that open letter, breaking the glass ceiling and all.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've got a 9 lb. sledge hammer if you need it, Andi.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: