FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Hillarys surprise. We knew she had it all along.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You Obamagasamers didn't actually think Hillary was gonna let some junior senator take her place now did ya?

Obama Sued in Philadelphia Federal Court on Grounds he is Constitutionally Ineligible for the Presidency

by Jeff Schreiber
America's Right.com

A prominent Philadelphia attorney and Hillary Clinton supporter filed suit this afternoon in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania against Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission. The action seeks an injunction preventing the senator from continuing his candidacy and a court order enjoining the DNC from nominating him next week, all on grounds that Sen. Obama is constitutionally ineligible to run for and hold the office of President of the United States.

Philip Berg, the filing attorney, is a former gubernatorial and senatorial candidate, former chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery (PA) County, former member of the Democratic State Committee, and former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania. According to Berg, he filed the suit--just days before the DNC is to hold its nominating convention in Denver--for the health of the Democratic Party.

"I filed this action at this time," Berg stated, "to avoid the obvious problems that will occur when the Republican Party raises these issues after Obama is nominated.".

Berg cited a number of unanswered questions regarding the Illinois senator's background, and in today's lawsuit maintained that Sen. Obama is not a natural born U.S. citizen or that, if he ever was, he lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia. Berg also cites what he calls "dual loyalties" due to his citizenship and ties with Kenya and Indonesia.

Even if Sen. Obama can prove his U.S. citizenship, Berg stated, citing the senator's use of a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii verified as a forgery by three independent document forensic experts, the issue of "multi-citizenship with responsibilities owed to and allegiance to other countries" remains on the table.

In the lawsuit, Berg states that Sen. Obama was born in Kenya, and not in Hawaii as the senator maintains. Before giving birth, according to the lawsuit, Obama's mother traveled to Kenya with his father but was prevented from flying back to Hawaii because of the late stage of her pregnancy, "apparently a normal restriction to avoid births during a flight." As Sen. Obama's own paternal grandmother, half-brother and half-sister have also claimed, Berg maintains that Stanley Ann Dunham--Obama's mother--gave birth to little Barack in Kenya and subsequently flew to Hawaii to register the birth.

Berg cites inconsistent accounts of Sen. Obama's birth, including reports that he was born at two separate hospitals--Kapiolani Hospital and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu, as well a profound lack of birthing records for Stanley Ann Dunham, though simple "registry of birth" records for Barack Obama are available in a Hawaiian public records office.

Should Sen. Obama truly have been born in Kenya, Berg writes, the laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Berg also states that he possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as Indonesian.

The Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg says, is a forgery. In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister.

"Voters donated money, goods and services to elect a nominee and were defrauded by Sen. Obama's lies and obfuscations," Berg stated. "If the DNC officers ... had performed one ounce of due diligence we would not find ourselves in this emergency predicament, one week away from making a person the nominee who has lost their citizenship as a child and failed to even perform the basic steps of regaining citizenship as prescribed by constitutional laws."

"It is unfair to the country," he continued, "for candidates of either party to become the nominee when there is any question of the ability to serve if elected.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Berg v. Obama Update -- Wednesday, September 3

Summons Reissued, Obama to be Served by Tomorrow

Philip Berg, the well-known Philadelphia attorney and former Deputy Attorney General for the State of Pennsylvania who two weeks ago sued Illinois senator and Democratic Party presidential nominee Barack Obama in federal court challenging the constitutionality of his White House bid, was at the courthouse this morning to file a Praecipe for Reissuance of Summons.

While the original summons was accepted ten days ago by the U.S. Attorney's office on behalf of the Federal Election Commission, also a named defendant in Berg's suit, proper service never reached the Democratic National Committee or Barack Obama's agent for service. Today's procedure will ensure that proper service is made, but the reasons behind the procedural hiccup remain a mystery to everyone involved.

"For whatever reason, Sen. Obama never received the summons," said Berg over the telephone this afternoon. "The court mailed everything out on August 22nd."

This time, rather than relying solely upon the court to mail the summonses following the filing of the complaint, the papers were faxed to a court service company in Washington, D.C. While on the phone, Berg received a call on the other line and confirmed that the papers were indeed in D.C. and would be served, at the latest, by tomorrow.

Still, he said, the information about the suit is out there. It was picked up by the Washington Times and by the [Norristown, PA] Times-Herald and has spread across the Internet like a wildfire. His own Web site, the ever so objectively-named ObamaCrimes.com, has received more than 5 million hits. Mainstream media exposure has been understandably slow, he said, and when I asked whether he thought the deafening silence on the part of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham and more could be a sign that this information was perhaps at the heart of the GOP's "October Surprise," his answer was simple.

"It could be. If so, it looks like I jumped the gun," he said, reminding me that part of his motivation for filing suit when he did was to avoid the catastrophe for the Democratic Party which would inevitably occur should the GOP bring it up closer to Election Day.

"I filed this case because of the constitutional and party implications, but I am concerned about [Barack Obama]," he said, before adding that he is still 99.99 percent certain that his allegations in the lawsuit are true. "As every day goes by without a response, I think we're on target. Obama has a well-oiled machine that responds to everything else immediately. When McCain puts out a video, they have a response video out within hours. No comment from Obama leads me to believe that I'm correct."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

wouldn't that be ironic
Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:05 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Well, it looks like we'd all better take a look at the birth certificate. High-res un-retouched copies down the left side. Interesting article too...says the Birth Certificate is legit.

Just so you know, the document was photographed and verified by the folks at www.factcheck.org. A great website that is quick to deconstruct the misleading ads and statements of both candidates. I personally recommend you bookmark them.

TT, Dave, Stratton, et. al. If you post a challenge to me and cite them as your source, I'll be the first to apologize. These guys are very good at what they do.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

This is quite possibly the stupidest post ever. Even if it held a shred of truth (and it does not), any child of a U.S. citizen (his mother was born in Kansas) is a natural-born U.S. citizen. Barack Obama was, in fact, born in Hawaii, but even if we were to believe this trash, and the birth certificate were fake, he is still a U.S. citizen. It's a good thing for you guys, too. John McCain was born in Panama. He's a natural-born U.S. citizen though, since his parents were. Give it up, TT.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:40 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:
This is quite possibly the stupidest post ever...

The premise is stupid, but the post is for real. According to the article, Obama will receive a Summons to Appear in court the day after the Republican Convention is over.

This one should scare the Democrats.

We've all seen people tried and convicted in the press before the trial ever got started. And if you're on the fence over who to vote for, no amount of evidence will remove the nagging doubt.

This may actually be the "October Surprise" the Republicans planned to roll out. From a purely political point of view, it's brilliant. It may be the best ammunition the Republicans get this election cycle.

BTW, McCain and Obama are both citizens. Jeez, folks, this stuff was vetted years ago. There is too much money and power at stake for it to be otherwise.

(Good post TT. I'm going to start calling you Broken Clock Rolling Eyes)
Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I disagree, Marko. Even if this is served tomorow, and it is reported on, the second sentence of any half-way responsible news story will be "independent researchers have varified the birth certificate, and the point is moot, because even those born overseas to U.S. citizens are themselves natural-born citizens. John McCain himself was born in Panama while his father served in the military." I would imagine this is what the judge will say too. This IS stupid, and it is too stupid even for U.S. politics.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:18 am 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

I hope you're right. Either way, in a few days we'll know.

As an aside, if you Google "barack obama birth certificate" you'll see 500K hits. Just "barack obama birth" gives you over 7 million. About half-and-half on the rumor. At least on the web, people are very interested.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Give it up, TT.

Not likely Mckague.

In the suit, the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery, has been identified as such by three independent document forensic experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's half-sister.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:37 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Will it shoot a huge hole in "factcheck" crdibility if it's found to be a forgery? I have a hard time believing that a judge hearing the case will simply say..."Hey, factcheck" has already verified that the BC is an original, case dismissed.

More than likely he will be forced to provide actual proof and answer the question directly.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

With the Clintons behind this its not going away.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:58 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Can you provide a single legitimate news source? Even if the certificate were phony (legitimate sources who have examined it say it is real) he is still a natural born citizen because (again) his mother was born in Kansas. If what you say is true (no serious person thinks so, this has been looked at ad infinitum), what does this say for the legitimacy of the candidacy of John McCain, who was born in Panama? They are both natural born citizens. (please stand by for TT's retort, which will consist of an irrelevant swipe at liberals, followed by six or seven emoticon smileys).
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:06 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Should Sen. Obama truly have been born in Kenya, Berg writes, the laws on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen. Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S. citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution.

Try reading the whole thing not just picking out little tidbits. Of course if this is wrong and you can show it well have at it. NO smileys.

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I did read it. I do not care about the author's interpretation of the law. The courts have long established that children of citizens are themselves citizens, regardless of the place of birth. The stuff about Barack giving up his citizenship is bunk too. Not only do you not lose your citizenship in the manner described, but the circumstances described never happened. It has all been disproven time and time again. This has all of the makings of a classic conspiracy theory. Even though the premise is disproven over and over, those who promote the story simply shift focus, and claim those dismissing it of being part of the cover-up. Why should I provide proof of the birth certificate's legitimacy? Placing the burden of proof on those accused, and demanding that the supporters of the accused disprove a negative, these are all conspiracy theorist tactics. www.factcheck.com
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:43 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Barack Obama is not legally a US natural-born citizen according to the law on the books at the time of his birth; a law that was in effect between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, when the law was changed.

However, the new law did not preempt the former law in the cases of those born between the above listed dates when the old law was in effect.

Therefore, Senator Obama may very well be disqualified as the Democratic candidate in the upcoming Presidential campaign.

Presidential office requires the person elected to be a natural-born United States citizen if the child was not born to two US citizen parents.

US Law very clearly stipulates: “If only one parent was a US citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.”

Barack Obama’s father was not a US citizen, and Obama’s mother was only 18 when he was born, which means although she had been a US citizen for 10 years, his mother fails the test for being so for at least 5 years prior to Barack Obama’s birth.

In order for her child to have been a natural-born US citizen, his mother would have had to be 21 at the time of his birth.

In essence, Mrs. Obama was not old enough to qualify her son for automatic US citizenship.

His mother would have needed to have been 16+5 = 21 years old at the time of Barack Obama’s birth for him to have been a natural-born citizen.

Barack Obama instead should have been naturalized, but even then, that would still disqualify him from holding the office of President under current law.

At best, Barack Obama is only a naturalized US citizen.

This is an issue that must be clarified before the election.

Naturalized citizens are ineligible to hold the office of President as is the case with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Barack Obama was sent back to Hawaii at age 10, all the other information does not matter because his mother is the one who needed to have been a US citizen for at least 10 years prior to his birth on August 4, 1961, with 5 of those years being after she became age 16.

If Obama were elected President without being a natural-born US citizen, it would set precedence that would enable Governor Schwarzenegger and other naturalized US citizens to also run for President.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/4375

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Born to a U.S. citizen father and an alien mother
In November 1986, the United States Immigration and Nationality Act was amended to permit a child born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and an alien mother to acquire U.S. citizenship at birth based upon clear and convincing evidence of paternity. The father must have fulfilled the appropriate physical presence requirements under Section 301(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act (ten or five years of physical presence as explained).

In addition, the United States citizen father must:

sign a written agreement to provide financial support until the child reaches the age of 18; and

Make a statement under oath acknowledging parentage; legitimate the child under the law of the child's residence or domicile; or have the paternity of the child adjudicated and established by a competent court.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Child born out of wedlock to a U.S. Citizen father: A child born outside of the United States to an U.S. Citizen father where there is no marriage to the non-American mother is entitled to U.S. Citizenship providing the American citizen father had been physically present in the United States for the period of time as specified in previous paragraphs for children born in wedlock to one U.S. Citizen and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, either before or after November 14, 1986; and

the alien mother completes an "Affidavit to establish paternity of child" at this office before a consular officer; and
the father signs a sworn statement (Affidavit of Paternity and Statement of Support)acknowledging paternity and agreeing to provide financial support for the child until s/he reaches the age of 18 years; or
the child is legitimated under local law (note: this is not possible under Chinese law); or
paternity is established by a competent court before the child attains the age of 18 years;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non U.S. citizen parent on or after November 14, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent may be entitled to citizenship providing the U.S. citizen parent had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years, at least two years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen. This period of physical presence must have taken place prior to the birth of the child.

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. Citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, may be entitled to citizenship providing the U.S. Citizen parent had, prior to the birth of the child, been physically present in the United States for a period of ten years, at least five years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.

Last edited by twotap on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:53 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Oops, wrong link. Here it is: www.factcheck.org
Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:59 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: