FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Was that a Joke on the Radio or was it real?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I heard today on the radio that the Don actually used the Flint Fire Department to fill his pool at his home. Was that a joke or did it really happen?
It's in line with his personality so it is totally believable. But is it true?
Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

I heard this from a guy who works at the City. ( my garbage collector ). I think its true.
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:21 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I personal talked to the Flint Fire chief and he said it is not true!
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Bill

lol he is paid to say that.. He is appointed by the mayor!
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:07 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I guess I have to say, "So what." As a kid living in Flint the Fire Department filled our pool at no charge. What is wrong with that? Can't the servents of the public ever do anything for the public without getting blasted? What harm did it cause and what could an expense like that cost. And, the Mayor takes no salary from the city and is dealing with issues 24/7. Does that not account for something. Come on guys, get real!
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:25 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

WHat a bunch of Mumbo Jumbo CRAP! I'm gussing your posting to insight flaming. As any rational thinking person would have to question the continued abuse and misuse of cty services. From the Police Department working as the Mayor's own personal goon squad instead of fighting crime. Or the use of City Employees putting up Campaign Signs for Patsy Lou or the even the possiblity of having the Fire Department fill his pool. Elistism, ethics, accountability. Had the Mayor ran on a platform of "I'm getting into government to use the position to my own personal advantage" I wouldn't be complaining. However, he ran on a platform of Integrity, serving the people not self serving himself.

And what issue is he really dealing with? Since he has been in Office he has..

Created fines and fees for people who get their cars stolen in Flint.
Uses police for everything but police Work resulting in a 30 percent increase in Crime since he took over.
VIolated numerous laws concerning Campaigns.
VIolated numerous City Ordinances and state laws making money off Citizens as a government entity.
Cost the City Big bucks in lawsuits for him violating ordinances and personal civil rights. Shoot It would have been better to pay him half a million a year rather than pay out anf finance his lawsuits he has lost time and and again.
Lost 1.4 million in grant dollars??

What issue was he dealing with again?

Oh and that 1 dollar a year? Hmmm 140 thousand not accounted for in his budget every year? Wonder where that goes?? Maybe that's the money he raffles off when he shows up at the senior centers.
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lost 1.4 million in grant dollars??

You can blame the Mayor for the grant debacle.

Last edited by Steve Myers on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Absolutely
Post Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:56 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Sorry guys, the city of in trouble when the Mayor took over, he did not create the financial issues Flint is dealing with. Did we forget Krutz who was assigned to get the city back on it's feet.
Just walk in the shoes of a person like Williamson to see what issues you have to deal with 24/7. Not a fun thing to do.
Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:47 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Sorry, the city was already in trouble. Misses that in the sentence.
Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:48 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: