FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Does Tina Conley Work for the City of Flint??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

I was at a meeting today and a friend who works in Burton told me Tina Conley works with the Senior Citizens Groups in the city of Flint. I was told Tina is one of the people Mayor Don Williamson is supporting for Register of Deeds.

So is it true she works for the city of Flint or Don Williamson?
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:07 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Yes, it is true. She works for the City of Flint.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Here is the link to the City of Flint's phone directory....hmmm.

http://www.cityofflint.com/phone/Phonelist.asp?Department=Mayor's+Office&Last_Name=

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Here is the link to the City of Flint's phone directory....hmmm.

http://www.cityofflint.com/phone/Phonelist.asp?Department=Mayor's+Office&Last_Name=

I wonder what any of those folks really do?
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Run for local offices? <grin>

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Tina occasionally comes to the meeting of block clubs. She's introduced as the coordinator for the senior centers in Flint.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

A friend sent this to me to confirm she works for the Mayors Office, no wonder she is getting tons of money from The Mayor for her bid for the register of deeds.

Conley, Tina Mayor's Office 810-237-2043 2043
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:28 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Josh, thats very interesting but I also heard Jamie Curtis works for the City of Flint. Do we know if that is true or not?

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Yes, it is true. She works for the City of Flint.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Not sure.... though he is down there alot of the time.....
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:04 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Ryan that interestd me so I just called the mayors office asking for Jamie Curtis and they got me right to him. Small World I guess, looks like you were right.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 am 
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

I hear that she is campaining while on the city dole. I guess there is some video of her putting up campaign signs with her boyfriend Jamie Curtis while on the clock. I work for the city and I have this from a very reliable source!
Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:14 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Lets see the video, do we know this two are dating?

quote:
bigmouthconservative schreef:
I hear that she is campaining while on the city dole. I guess there is some video of her putting up campaign signs with her boyfriend Jamie Curtis while on the clock. I work for the city and I have this from a very reliable source!
Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:46 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

After re-reading the title of this topic.... Shouldn't we define what is meant by work before we cast diparaging remarks against Ms. Conley or Mr. Curtis. It is entirely possible that their definition of work may be completely different than someone elses..... kind like "it depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is."
Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 am 
insider
F L I N T O I D

She is guaranteed to win if the Mayor is supporting her.... bank on it.
Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:10 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

County commissioner takes $1-a-year job in Flint
Posted by Ron Fonger | The Flint Journal, February 13, 2008 12:01PM

Genesee County Commissioner Jamie W. Curtis is about to start collecting a second paycheck from taxpayers, but this one will net him just $1 a year.

The Burton Democrat has agreed to start working on Monday for the city of Flint as an assistant director of parks and recreation for Mayor Donald Williamson.

Williamson, who also takes $1 in annual salary from the city, confirmed the hiring, saying Curtis' energy and enthusiasm has impressed him .

Curtis' county commission district includes Burton as well as the college and cultural area and East Side of Flint. He also said he will waive any fringe benefits he might have received in connection to his new position.

He worked previously for General Motors as a skilled trade millwright.

"There are some things more important than money. Public service leads that list for me," Curtis said in a written statement.

"Flint is the heartbeat of this county," he said. "I believe in making things happen in the city of Flint."

Rumors of Curtis' hiring have been swirling inside City Hall for weeks, and earlier this month he acknowledged talking to the mayor about doing something more.

"We have talked in the past about what I could or couldn't do," Curtis said at the time. "I'm like anybody else, I listen to what people have to offer."

Williamson said he wasn't prepared to discuss what specific areas of the city's parks and recreation system Curtis would work in.

Curtis won't be the first commissioner to work for another unit of government while serving as a county board member.

Commissioner Miles Gadola, R-Grand Blanc, is employed with the Flint's 68th District Court in the probation department, and Commissioner Patricia Lockwood, D-Fenton, was elected commissioner while serving as the state of Michigan's emerald ash borer policy director.
---
Permalink:
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/02/county_commissioner_takes_1aye.html
Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:49 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: