FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: LAND BANK FLINT'S BIGGEST SLUM LORD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Is The Genesee County Land Bank Flint's Worst Slum Lord?
Yes, they have bitten off more than they can chew
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
No, they are just trying to take over all the property in Flint.
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
RECALL DAN KILDEE - Lets Clean Flint Up.
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Have you shopped there before???

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
quote:
brianstarr schreef:
i would like to say maybe ryan eashoo and some of these other people need to come into the north side of flint or even the east side and see for themselves just how the land bank has completely forgotten and failed in these areas as and example just drive by the buildings on the corner of dupont and dayton and you can see a perfect example of how the land bank is handling things or even drive down dayton street heading towards civic park school as another example so you can see a whole block of nothing but over grown lots and rotting abandoned housing.the land bank is doing nothing in the east side and north side of flint and thats one of the reasons were being over run with skunks and raccoons in these areas and when you complain to the land bank like i have you just get ignored probably cause i dont live in the carriage town or down town area

I'm not sure if the North End and Eastside would even need the "special help" that certain areas recieve from the Land Bank if they would cut us lose. Why not let people buy commercial property and residences for dirt cheap in the North End and East Side if they can be fixed up for a few grand? Obviously some properties need to be torn down but thats what condemnations are for. At the sale the Treasurer's office did a good job of warning us about buying any condemned properties.

On a brighter note the guy that owns Landmark grocery store in the north end was buying properties like crazy. I assume they were in the north end so there is some hope for people in the north end even if it's not coming from the city or Land Bank/Treasurer. He would have a vested interest in keeping the housing stock intact and the houses occupied in the north end.

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I've been in there, but didn't buy anything. It was pretty dirty.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I've been in there, but didn't buy anything. It was pretty dirty.

I didn't think Landmark was bad but it's kind of old and small. It will be nice if they are able to build a brand new one.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:48 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The man to talk to is Jon Care, he is interim Director of the land bank, the man truley cares and is awesome. He will listen and get results, he is very sincere. I recommend talking to him if you can't talk directly to Dan Kildee. Dan is a very open minded guy and tries to get stuff done, don't knock the landbank until you talk to one or both of these two people

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Did you talk to either of these folks Dave???

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I talked to Kildee. Got the usual runaround; 5 minutes of saying absolutely nothing. If they really cared, they'd do something about their blighted houses in the neighborhoods.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I always have this policy were I try to work things out peacefully first, phone calls, meetings, letters. Then if that doesn't succeed then I go and do whatever I need to do to gettter done! You get more flys with honey than vinegar!!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I talked to Kildee. Got the usual runaround; 5 minutes of saying absolutely nothing. If they really cared, they'd do something about their blighted houses in the neighborhoods.

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:26 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I talked politely to Kildee & got 5 minutes of double talk. This was after the land bank rep rather angrily told me to mow & board them myself. They just don't care about any area outside their favorites.

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:11 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well, I am not sure what to do then, sounds like a job for Adam Ford!!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I talked politely to Kildee & got 5 minutes of double talk. This was after the land bank rep rather angrily told me to mow & board them myself. They just don't care about any area outside their favorites.

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:26 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Well, I am not sure what to do then, sounds like a job for Adam Ford!!

I'll put it on my list. Fortunately we didn't leave that spot vacant this year. I think I'll vote for the Republican for that seat.

Dan Kildee is probably a lot better than a lot of Flint's other elected officials but that's not saying much.

Kildee should unload whatever he can now before it's too late!!!
Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I was saying a job for Adam in the sense you could help get things done, not necessarily take run for that office..

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:23 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I was saying a job for Adam in the sense you could help get things done, not necessarily take run for that office..

Ask him if he can handle a real interview.
Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:05 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if Dan Kildee and Tim Herman are buddies?
Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:09 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

They should be.
Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:58 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

????

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

They should be.
Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:44 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: