FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: obama legislation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
david
F L I N T O I D

would someone please tell me just what legislation has been authored by obama during his 2 years in the senate and how this qualifies him to hold the highest office in the land? don't bash bush, this is about obama.

what about a budget? what qualifies him to be the commander in chief? he is for change but the latest is his change on his time table for pulling troops out of the war. can you say flip flop? what is his plan for the chaos and mass murder that will result in the pull out? what about energy and gas costs? windfall tax? Ha-ha, yeah sure as if the oil companies won't pass the tax on to you people.

the man is a sham.

tell me what you like about him and please remember this is not about bashing bush or mccain.

david
socal
Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Uummmm, errrr, ahhh, .............. Can I get back to you on this? Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

This has been asked and answered. I guess you don't remember too well.

Or maybe it's just that you guys are so completely in love with Obama that you need to keep reading reasons to hate him. Homoeroticism is a powerful force indeed...

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:02 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I didnt ask the question since I know the answer but I did supply the classic Obama team response. Laughing

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:13 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Can't he just eat his waffle?
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:13 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Homoeroticism is a powerful force indeed...

Hmmmm, you seem to be well versed in this homo stuff. what exactly does this mean? please tell me from your vast experience.

only bill obamaas signed was campaign finance reform. what has he authored?

you feel times are tough in flint/michigan now? obama wants immigration reform i.e. a flood of illegals. obama supports driver's licensees for illegals, obama supports illegal alien participation in social security. the standard of living in america and MICHIGAN will go into the shi--er when these folks flood the labor force. if you work in the usa then your standard of living will fall. next people to flood and lower wages even more will be those mases from south american thus lowering the living condition of all the illegals from mexico.

you failed to answere my question demeralda! i know obama's record, do you?

david,
socal
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Sure do. Don't rightly care, either. Not indicative of anything.

Men needing some excuse to caress each other's ass? A la NFL. Isn't it obvious? You're the one that's surrounded by godless California, you should know all about it.

A perfect excerpt:
Discussions of such nuanced homoeroticism are almost impossible in this cultural climate however. Consideration of anything gay is loaded with prejudice and simplistic reduction in public discourse. In reality however, there is more to America than a demarcation between straight and gay cultures -- a description defined more by stereotypes than by an understanding of the shades of life.

Thus, American cultural institutions, such as sports, can teem with a form of eroticism unrecognized as such by the black-and-white holy book-thumping crowd, thus giving its facade as a "straight" pastime -- and at the same time, homophobia -- cultural sanctioning. This amounts to denial, on the one hand, since it seems to assume the acts of hitting, blocking, and "scoring" are purely masculine endeavors. However, hyper-masculinity, as within warrior cultures' practices, need not always mean "straight." Male gayness, despite the stereotype, need not mean "feminine" or "weak."

Homophobia and homoeroticism may be two sides of the same coin. In psychoanalytical theory, "homophobia --the fear, anxiety, anger, discomfort and aversion that some ostensibly heterosexual people hold for gay individuals -- is the result of repressed homosexual urges that the person is either unaware of or denies." There are interesting studies that may demonstrate this. Out of such repression comes denial and the controversy of "out" players.

http://www.salon.com/news/sports/col/kaufman/2003/01/08/homoerotic/

http://www.newstatesman.com/200409270056

http://www.kabobfest.com/2008/01/homoeroticism-and-football.html

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:40 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Wow, gay magazines telling us guys that we're all secretly gay...what a concept! I give many of my fellow man parishoners in my Baptist church hugs, does that mean I'm gay too?

Demaralda, sometimes I think you just try to stir the pot.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:53 am 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

What do I like about him? Obama was right about Iraq and still is. His position on energy policy is longview, big-picture, expansive - not a gimmicky hodge-podge of gas tax holidays, battery technology sweepstakes, and fruitless offshore drilling escapades. He is more willing to take bold action on health care and the economy than the Republican candidate – though I think he could go further with each (and may be forced to). He is also the first candidate to get our nation's young people involved and inspired by the possibility of a better future for their country. Those a pretty solid reasons to support him. All opposition involves unfounded, downright cartoonish accusations about his faith, patriotism, race, manliness, and experience – the same bogus set of criteria our nation's young people KNOW have handcuffed American politics and progress for far too long. So good luck playing that losing hand again . . . and again . . . . and again.

PS: Obama ran the Texas Rangers for a spell. Does that make him more Presidential?

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:02 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Those aren't gay magazines. You didn't even bother to look.

I KNOW you seek to stir the pot.

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:05 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Its one thing to not like a candidate's positions, its another to simply continute to repeat things which have been shown to be untrue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_obama#Legislation
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:16 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Dem, I enjoyed those football articles. Off topic, sorry: In high school one tough guy football coach (yes I was on the football team) used to walk around before games playing 'We Will Rock You' on this little portable radio to, you know, fire us up. I don't know if he knew who or what Queen was but there he was stomping around with Freddie Mercury blasting. I was a music fan and always loved Queen. Maybe I should have told him.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:33 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Nah, glad you didn't tell him. The irony is so much more enjoyable. LOL

Glad you at least looked at the articles!

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: