FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Adam, I think you will find this interesting.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
flintteacher

I saw this commentary on Foxs News here in Colorado last night. What was discovered really didn't surprise me !

Race Matters

Stanford University Professor Shanto Iyengar conducted an experiment for the Washington Post. It focused on race when handing out government money. 2300 participants took part.

Each participant read an identical story of a fictional Katrina victim. The difference was a photo was changed so that the victim was either male or female, black, white, Asian, Hispanic, and light or dark-skinned for each race.

Participants were allowed to decide how much and in how many categories of government aid the victim could receive. Amounts ranged from $200 to $1200 per month for a minimum of three up to 18 months.

Overall, victims received a combined total of about $1500 a month for 12 months. Most of the study participants were identified as Democrat and liberal. Only 12 percent were Republican. Democrats offered just over $1500 a month for 13 months compared to Republicans who offered $1200 per month for nine months.

Republicans were consistent in giving the same amount of money for the same length of time regardless of race of the fictional victim. Not true for Democrats. Democrats gave whites a total of $1500 more than they had authorized for the black, Hispanic and Asian victims to receive.

The study found Republicans to be more frugal with government aid and color blind in treating all victims the same regardless of race. On the other hand, Democrats were more generous in doling out government money, but for them, race mattered.

Here is the link: http://www.newscentral.tv/uploads/franchise/point/point-20060709.shtml

You's be's the slave and I's be's the masta !

When will people of color realize that the Dems have instilled a new form of slavery upon them?
Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:38 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: