FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Eastside Crime Watch?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ok the Lady's ame was Erica.

I cannot find her address and phone on any of the paper I had picked up from there. How do I contact her?

Ted Jankowski

Feel free to leave the information on my answer machine at 235-6601. I'll contact her as soon as I get it. the more I think about this website thing. The more I want to get the ball rolling.

Adam and Steve, Are you guys interested?

Anyone else interested? I don't know if Steve is an Eastsider or not. But, I'd like to start it with the intention of it becoming a citywide site. Thus, looking to do some dicussion with individuals.
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Ted,
Count me in! All I need is a couple pit bulls, video surveilance, and and an Ak-47 or another decent weapon locked loaded and ready for to fire at my house and I'll be ready to go. For the patrols I might want to armor up the Monte Carlo in case we get shot at and I'll probably want a ccw, bullet proof vest and a decent gun possibly with laser scope in case we get shot at.

On a more serious note. I am partly being serious. The reason why people don't want to do this on the East Side is the criminals do eventually figure out who you are what kind of car you drive and where you live. As Tony put it and can even show up at your house to show you some "Cobra Love" as Tony put it.

On another note if I was a Flint police officer I would probably want a more serious gun and level 4 body armor so that way if I did get shot in the chest I could just laugh and blow the criminal's head to smitherines. Unfortunately I'm sure if it did come to a gun fight if I won I would prbably go to jail but if the criminal won and killed me they would probably get away scott free.

In a normal city I would call citizens patrolling the streets a crime watch. In Flint I think a better term is unarmed civilans becoming involved in urban warfare.
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:33 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

It's hard keeping the sarcasm out of Law enforcement. When they continually prove, every single day. That they don't want to be here, don't want to waste their time with our petty small crimes, and have complete disdain for the citizens of the city they work for.
THey were over here last night. Some type of problem with my neighbors. I don't know what. They refused to talk to me. I only mentioned I hadn't heard much. I was watching Capote and fell asleep on the couch. I hear arguing over there quite a bit and don't really pay much attention to what is being said. And since I feel asleep on the couch I didn't have the camera on taping anything.

They never once said: Hey we are checking on a situation X and if you see Y call us. or Be on the look out for Z nothing. I had two cop cars and four officers. Out running around with Flash lights. The most I heard about was something about some millage that they wanted to be passed and something about what would happen if it didn’t'. this was while they were having a pow wow after checking the guys house.

He wasn't home and I guess the wife called the cops. She was at the brothers house a few houses down. Since they are in and out all the time (all hours of the day and night) and the dogs are always wanting to bark at them. I try to keep my dogs from going off every time there is a problem (ie, shouting and screaming at each other) Pit's don't like crying or screaming. It get's them upset.

I don't have any problems with them. If I can sleep through a squadran of Harriers landing only 1000 yards from my tent. A little bit of screaming isn't gonig to get me up. It's like Tony was saying. They criminals around him are out there smoking dope and other crap. He/I don't care what they do. As long as they steal or crap in my yard. (if you remember what we were talking about the other night).

There is a lot of crime over here, I could be involved in stopping. Only, the police would call it "obstructing" Obsturcting a criminal in the process of committing crime. So I think I'll try to keep to helping out with information stuff like the website.

I'm the type of person, when a guy skipped out on paying the gas station over on Dort Hwy, (between court and Robert T) I went out of my way to catch up to him up at court st. Indicate to him that I had gotten his plate number. Then go back to the gas station and give it to the lady working there. She had just realized, he had taken off. I was walking in the door as she was saying someone had just drove off on her. Had I not been in the line to pay at the time this guy was taking off. I would have said something to him before he decided to drive off. Thereby stopping the crime before it happened. Honesty seems to be a lost art in this city. From the top on down.

And contrary to what the County Prosecutor says. People coming forward isn’t the biggest problem Flint has. It’s Getting the police dept to act upon the information citizens give or taking the time to gather evidence. I can see now this is going to be one of the BEST SUMMERS yet in Flint. Judging by the Mayor’s last two years in power. I’m betting crime will only go up 8 percent next year. Nixing the ten year trend of crime going down in Flint. Gone are the old days of declining crime in Flint. Sometimes I really miss the old days. Even if they were just three years ago.
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Joe

This is Sad, it all comes down to POOR PEOPLE.
Post Wed May 31, 2006 12:20 pm 
GLOW_5

Confused hI, i USED TO LIVE IN FLINT,BUT DUE TO THE CRIME AND VIOLINCE IN THE TOWN,&SCHOOL,i DECIDED TO MOVE AWAY,NOW IN TEXAS,THE TOWN IS SO DIFFRENT POLICE COME OUT FOR ALL CALLS,UN LIKE FLINT POLICE WHO WOULDN'T EVEN COME OUT FOR A SHOOT OUT BETWINE TWO HOUSES DOWN THE ROAD FROM US IN FLINT EAST SIDE!!!!!THAT TO ME WAS CRAZY SO IT DIDN;T SAPRISE ME WHEN THEY DON'T KNOW WHO TO LOOK FOR IN A MURDER WHEN THEY DONT EVEN COME WHEN THE PUBLICE CALLS!!!!THE DONT CARE FOR THERE CITEZEN.PLAIN AND SIMPLE ONY A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE DO AND THATS NOT ENOUGH.
Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: