FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Road rage? Naw... welcome to Flinttown !

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flintteach9

http://www.mlive.com/newslogs/fljournal/

How sick and sad !

Salesman? Children? Gunshots fired upon innocent people !

SICK !

Flintteach
Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:31 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

What is WRONG with people in Flint? Why do so many have to have guns and shoot at each other, do they think they are in the wild west. Something has to be done and adding the help of the Michigan State Police is not the answer. More law enforcement will not stop the problem. Less glorification of RAP music with violence will help as a start since the violent nature of this type of music is driven into the young people there. They think it is so cool to carry guns, do drugs, and to kill each other. And for what? What ever happened of taking care of thy brother? Parents being more involved with their kids will help too. And for God's sake, quit blaming everybody else but themselves. It's not the government's fault, it's not your neighbor's fault, it's not the GM's fault, it's YOUR FAULT! Take control of yuor life and do something with it.
Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:40 am 
Ted J

WHat does the umber of Guns have a thing to do with that shooting? Not a thing. If anything, if more poeple had guns there would be less gun violence. The problem is Illegal GUNS!! Guns that have been stolen and the Police KNOW who stole them and refuse to do anything about it. Those CRIMINALS that were packing, I can gaurentee didn't have a carry permit! Bought the Guns Illegally, And were not afraid of return fire! They have NO FEAR! NO RESPECT!! for others. WHY! Becuase the US frowns upon poeple being able to protect themselves. We are forced to rely on Lazy and lackluster Law enforcement. To "Protect and Serve"

In countries were guns are carried by most over the age of 18. Crime and gun violence is NILL. ONly in the USA where honest citizens are hindered and demonised for wanting to protect themselves. Is Gun Violence rampant. You can take that to the bank.
Post Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

We start blaming someone else for the issues. Why do you carry a gun and why would you have to if people held the least little bit of respect for one another. That's the bottom line. I've never owned a gun except a rifle for hunting (which I do not do anymore) and have no intentions of owning one. If people did not carry them then there would be no way to drive by someone and fire upon them. And, if you do not have one the person would have the feeling of needing to confront a person so they can actually use a gun. Now days, the young people have their heads so full of crap glorifiying guns and rugs that they feel they need to live the part.
A person with a permit is quite a different person than a street thug carrying and shooting. I beleive we all know that. And if the street thug did not have a gun then this type of violence would not happen as often.
Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:34 am 

Rap music? C'mon Richard ! I've never known rap music make someone go out and kill someone. Just like I've never known country music make a husband or wife go out and cheat ! This weak argument has been in existence since Elvis gyrated his hips on American Bandstand !

The problem lies within the family unit (or lack of) as a whole. When grannies are raising their grandchildren, when babies are raising babies, and young "men" have 3 babies by 3 different women. That's THE problem !
Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:05 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Young people are so impressionable and as they view not only RAP, but other forms of violent videos, they begin to think that that is the real world. Just look at today's music videos. It glorifies guns, violence, drugs, that woman are just play things. That is not the real world. The video games available today continue in this same fashion.
So kids then think they have to do this in order to be cool. They get a gun and once you have one, well, you need to be able to use it otherwise what is the sense in owning one. So you become more confrontational and dare someone to deal with you. Problem is they have a gun too and have the very same mindset so the problems begin.
You mention the family unit has collasped with women having several babies and young males not taking repsonsiblity for their actions. Well now, that is glorified in music videos and in music. Where do you think the words "My baby's Daddy" came from? What ever happened to being married and and taking responsibiliy for one's actions?
Look towards the music we listen to and it influences in ways that are not acceptable. With every generation they have their own music values and today's kids just DO NOT HAVE VALUES!
Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:17 am 
flintteacher

Music is NOT the problem! Liberals who perpetuate this fallacy that Big Bro will take care of you and your children ! These individuals become entrapped and enthralled with getting something for nothing (or just by spreading their legs).

And you speak of generation values? Each generation had their fads, fashions, music and lack of responsiblites. The major difference was that Hillary Clinton and her band of merry bandits were being molded at this time. We fought 2 World Wars against her type while now we accept her practices and policies. FACISM !

Elvis gyrated, Bob Dylan/Jimmi Hendrix/Doors sang of using drugs, we had the guitar rock of the 70s, the hairbands & punk music of the 80s, Glamrock & Grunge music of the 90s, now in this decade we have a few rap artist who are listened to by main stream suburbia WHITE people. It's a known documented fact that more young white males listen to rap crap than young black males. I affectionately call them wiggers ! Get your head outta the FL sand !

Peace out ! Word !

Flintteach Cool
Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:33 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Way to go. I wish more people held your views and then things would get done!
Thanks for the viewpoint.
Richard
Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:17 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: