FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Williamson executive orders that unions don't like
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint Mayor Don Williamson issued about 10 executive orders affecting city employees during his first week in power. Among them:

A ban on personal cellphones, newspapers, magazines or other reading material at work.

A ban on city-owned vehicles leaving the city or being driven home.

Elimination of overtime.

Requirements that Williamson approve all contracts and spending requests.

A ban on using telephones and computers for personal use.

Sam Muma, president of AFSCME Local 1600 says some of Williamsons orders go too far.

"What happens when I go on break and I'm sitting in the cafeteria eating. What happens when the union issues a newsletter? Are we unable to read that?"

Muma says some of the mayor’s orders may violate the civil rights of city workers.

"No matter what his opinion or his directions are, there is a policy, a procedure and a contract. The way he needs to go and post these. There is a 10-day notice for any existing changes in working condition," Muma said.

Flint Mayor Don Williamson confirmed that he has had personally paid for investigators for months to track the actions of city employees, and it is the abuses he found while investigating that led to some of his first actions since he taking control.

Source: Mayor Don Williamson

Full Story:
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-22/108930009917300.xml

http://www.weyi.com/index.cfm?action=dsp_story&storyid=39186
Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

cant wait to see what orders he signs on Wednesday morning!
All citizens must buy cars from Patsy Lou!

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:24 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I expect him to dissolve the City Council.
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
supervette79
F L I N T O I D

Wonder how he will be the morning after he has lost ?

I expect him to try and ban the selling of the Flint journal on all city property.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:51 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well I gotta say a ban on reading the Flint Journal might actually improve the area.
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:04 pm 
last time here

hell, service is MUCH better now that employees concentrate on working!

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:48 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

******Flint Mayor Don Williamson confirmed that he has had personally paid for investigators for months to track the actions of city employees, and it is the abuses he found while investigating that led to some of his first actions since he taking control.*******

This part is just plain ol' eerie!! "Personally paid for investigators" if they were called "secret shoppers" this I could agree with, the actions taken, that is. Did he pay them to "track the actions of city employees" while they were on their OWN time for lunch or going to the bathroom?! "Suzie used way too much mayo on her sandwich!"

****A ban on personal cellphones, newspapers, magazines or other reading material at work.*****

If there was a problem with that while eating in the cafeteria, he could take a long walk off of a short pier.

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:27 am 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

This just makes it obvious what a sellout little punk Sam Muma is, contrast then with now. (source http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/09/with_aflcio_council_endorsemen.html )

quote:
"Don Williamson has the experience and the financial know-how," Muma said.

The Williamson endorsement comes the day after City Council approved new union pacts for AFSCME Local 1600 and 1799. Councilwoman Carolyn Sims called the agreements so close to the election "suspect."

Muma also said Williamson signed a pledge to work with the unions and there were questions about whether all of Walling's campaign materials were union printed.

"We asked the tough questions," Muma said. "The body has spoken and now we're going to educate our members."

F**K YOU Muma, we are going to vote YOUR ass back to picking up trash and filling potholes.

Oh yeah Josh, he will not need to dissolve the council, he can wait 24 months, buy his current council whores another term and kill the careers of those have dared to do what was right rather than what he wanted. That two years is going to be the worse in the history of the city and will do more damage to our future than Michael Moore and George Bush have together. Only in Flint would a good third our council be completely incompetent, another third owned, and the last third spitting in the wind.
Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:15 am 
mousefrost
F L I N T O I D

Isn't it amazing how making a new position for your wife and giving all your family a job can change someones mind?? I don't think Sam Muma knows the differnce between right and wrong, he only centers on what will help him.

I honestly think Sam has sold his soul for money and corruption, he has turned his back on his members when it comes to righting the wrongs that the Mayor has caused on us.

He thinks just because everybody got a raise and back pay that you just forget about all the wrongs and let the Mayor continue to do what he wants--right or wrong.
Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Flint Mayor Don Williamson issued about 10 executive orders affecting city employees during his first week in power. Among them:

A ban on personal cellphones, newspapers, magazines or other reading material at work.

A ban on city-owned vehicles leaving the city or being driven home.

Elimination of overtime.

Requirements that Williamson approve all contracts and spending requests.

A ban on using telephones and computers for personal use.

Sam Muma, president of AFSCME Local 1600 says some of Williamsons orders go too far.

"What happens when I go on break and I'm sitting in the cafeteria eating. What happens when the union issues a newsletter? Are we unable to read that?"

Muma says some of the mayor’s orders may violate the civil rights of city workers.

"No matter what his opinion or his directions are, there is a policy, a procedure and a contract. The way he needs to go and post these. There is a 10-day notice for any existing changes in working condition," Muma said.

Flint Mayor Don Williamson confirmed that he has had personally paid for investigators for months to track the actions of city employees, and it is the abuses he found while investigating that led to some of his first actions since he taking control.

Source: Mayor Don Williamson

Full Story:
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-22/108930009917300.xml

http://www.weyi.com/index.cfm?action=dsp_story&storyid=39186

I heard Chucky got to drive his city vehicle to church.

I think city workers should be allowed to go to sites like Flinttalk.com and the Flint Journal so they can be informed.

Some cities require city workers to carry cellphones. I think it's a good idea for police officers especially to have a cell phone.

Some of the mayors policies may be good but killing morale may not get any extra work out of people. A grumpy city employee may also not give as good of customer service.

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:42 pm 
last time here

1. i don't care what chuckie drives to church.
2. city workers can go to any site they wish............after work!
3. every cop i see has a cell phone.
4. customer service is very good at city hall.

GO DON GO!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:04 pm 
federales1
F L I N T O I D

Well Apparently the Don made an exception in that the President of Local 1600 can use heavy equipment and transportataion material for his own use. So can his little brother, obviously. These two clowns are taking the rest of you folks for a ride. He sells out your wages and benefits for a super package of bennies for himself, his worthless brother, and his miscellaneous progeny. I know a guy that can spill the beans all over the floor. I rreally don't think he will but if he gets mad enough.............LOOK OUT!

Last edited by federales1 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:48 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

The person could be protected under the Whistleblower's Act couldn't they? If it's wrong, it's just wrong.

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:44 am 
jackofhearts1
F L I N T O I D

I hope that alot of people are protected under the whistle blowers act because there is alot of whistle blowing to be done. Namely, how does one justify the number of muma's currently employed by the city without some nepitism going on. Go on, count them.
Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:54 pm 
last time here

hey mole, how you been?????? we've missed you!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: